Stop What You Are Doing & Watch Netflix Original Birdbox ASAP

mit_man

Potential Star
Registered
Only on bgol would you see a thread suggesting you stop everything and watch a movie...

By a muthafucka who didn't take time to stop what he was doing and watch the movie...

Muthafucka think he slick using kniggas as lab experiments so he don't have to waste his precious time watching

"Hot garbage"

Very slick OP

Verrrrrry slick:lol:
This

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
When a mysterious force decimates the population, only one thing is certain ‑‑ if you see it, you die. The survivors must now avoid coming face to face with an entity that takes the form of their worst fears. Searching for hope and a new beginning, a woman and her children embark on a ...

rlW8ub0.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/birdboxmovie/

Best review of this flick yet! Salkis Re speaks on shit that I noticed but didn't take the time to allow to sink in while I was watching, and then went on to the Forrest Whitaker flick with a similar premise. I'd also watched "Into the Forest" which is also a comparable movie of that genre.
She did a good breakdown on the subliminal messages in this film for her audience.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Another thing is that I noticed that this movie had an unbelievable buzz for a small screen offering from Netfix. It was all over the place. My family watched and my wife's family and friends. HOW did this flick blow up like this to even have so-called Challenges too?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m starting to notice a trend with Netflix and interracial relationships

its seems like its against the fuckin law to show a carbon rich family on a screen...

when have you ever seen a dark skin bruh and dark skin sis with a happy family....

you NEVER see a "black" dark skin couple with a happy family...

no wonder they had to stop The Coz BIll Cosby.. he was bringin you that positive black family imagery..

Im lookin forward to seein peeles new flick.. I hope he dont let me down..

flx2000

Photographer
BGOL Investor
Serious question
Has there been another black actor that survived a horror/thriller movie since LL cool J in deep blue sea?

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Another thing is that I noticed that this movie had an unbelievable buzz for a small screen offering from Netfix. It was all over the place. My family watched and my wife's family and friends. HOW did this flick blow up like this to even have so-called Challenges too?

For some unexplained reason a simple post on Facebook will go viral, this was one of those posts. The best way to tell that the movie was no good is people trying to say that “not everybody will understand it” line and how you have to look at the deeper meaning of it

And here goes social media trying to be funny.

And failing MISERABLY

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
they promote it as a movie that will be shown in cinemas thats why.
they did it with a few movies that i didnt know it would be on netflix

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Best review of this flick yet! Salkis Re speaks on shit that I noticed but didn't take the time to allow to sink in while I was watching, and then went on to the Forrest Whitaker flick with a similar premise. I'd also watched "Into the Forest" which is also a comparable movie of that genre.
She did a good breakdown on the subliminal messages in this film for her audience.

i like her

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Tariq's take on the movie. It's 20 minutes of relevant content stretched out to over an hour, but has some nuggets in there...or Easter eggs as they're referred to these days.

Jae

Rising Star
Registered

Yo i was lmao at the first part of the movie.
Pregnant Sandra Bullock falls in the street and out of nowhere a random super nice black guy just happens to stop running and help her out. Right after this latina chick jogs over and they all head to the house, which has an asian guy looking out the window at them (his house).
Im like damn ya'll made sure you covered all bases early huh?
Oh did i mention the asian guy was gay? Cant forget to throw that shit in there

All that said i enjoyed the movie for what it was. The premise not so much the execution.
Its not as bad as everyone here says it is but i dont know why its gone viral either.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Pregnant Sandra Bullock falls in the street and out of nowhere a random super nice black guy just happens to stop running and help her out. Right after this latina chick jogs over and they all head to the house, which has an asian guy looking out the window at them (his house).

All that said i enjoyed the movie for what it was. The premise not so much the execution.
Its not as bad as everyone here says it is but i dont know why its gone viral either.
As soon as they announced the Asian guy was gay, I said "welp, guess they got everything covered". They won't never to worry about social media backlash from any group. They even made sure to add a fat chic, who would be fat even if she wasnt pregnant. Old people were covered as well.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member

Yeah.. but that trend is like everywhere! Which doesnt make it right, but doesnt matter these pink people wanna save there race n they are trying... but the future of them aint lookn good

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

lol,

I was just reading an article posted here, where the author pointed out how the bruhs line up stayed fresh throughout the whole ordeal..:lol:

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what part?
j/k
seems they're funny to most people.
(must be pigeon-toed to be so taken aback...)
Most niggas on social media are simple minded and laugh at anything
You must be a bird brain too
You don’t see niggas quoting and laughing but you keep posting these corny IG pages
I’m done arguing tho so....
Last word

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Michael Harriot https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/netflixs-bird-box-really-white-194100829.html

Netflix's Bird Box Is Really About How White People Don't Want to See Racism

If you haven’t seen or read the viral social media discussions of the Netflix thriller Bird Box, you’re missing one of the greatest race allegory movies that have ever been released in the last part of December 2018. It’s about how white people suddenly realize that racism is spreading across the world and they can only escape it’s wrath if they refuse to acknowledge it because...

Wait. You think it’s a monster movie? Don’t be silly.

One of my favorite pastimes is dissecting the themes of movies and TV shows and then theorizing what the movie or show is really about. For instance, John Boyega plays Nat Turner in the Star Wars reboot, The Force Awakens. He’s a slave (Storm trooper) who leads a rebellion that eventually destroys the plantation (The Death Star) and kills the slave master (Kylo Ren).

I must admit that horror isn’t my favorite genre, but I try to inject some suspense into viewing scary movies by pulling for the villain. I find it admirable how Freddy Krueger overcame obvious skin problems and dedicated himself to protecting Elm Street from gentrification. I believe Chucky is just a misunderstood little doll who can be little boisterous at times.

So when I started watching Bird Box,I was pulling for the invisible monster because I immediately recognized that the movie was a parable about white America’s willingness to ignore white supremacy. I even tweeted an entire thread about it,here.

So, if you have seen the movie, or even if you haven’t, please allow me to break down the subtext of the movieBird Box.

The movie stars Sandra Bullock who plays a character called “White Privilege.” Miss Privilege is very sad because she has lived a very hard life. She grew up on a beautiful horse farm with her sister in California, which is just like living in the projects except that she hated her father. She really doesn’t say why she hates her father but white people always hate one of their parents for some bullshit like missing their third-grade Christmas play or making them clean their room.

For some reason, the only thing Caucasians hate more than cleaning their rooms is gluten. I still don’t know what gluten is, but I think someone should make a horror movie starring Kate Winslet about a girl who awakens to find gluten sprinkled all over her room, leading to a moral crisis. That shit would win an Oscar because Kate Winslet is great at looking wistful while contemplating a moral dilemma.

Anyway, Ms. Privilege is pregnant. Somehow she makes it through most of her pregnancy while doing the backbreaking work of creating oil paintings while her sister rides prized horses all day.

One day White Privilege’s sister tells her about this never-before-seen problem called “racism.” They watch a little bit of news about this racism thing but they don’t worry about it because no one where they live is racist.

Then, during a trip into town to visit the doctor, they discover racism is everywhere and it’s spreading quickly. Things have gotten so bad that when people discover racism, they immediately become depressed. Privilege’s sister immediately kills herself, leaving our heroine surrounded by this invisible monster.

Luckily, because of her privilege, she finds a house where people are hiding from racism. It is filled with white people and a couple of black men who are some of the “good ones.”

Soon, the white people realize that they can become immune to racism by ignoring it. They figure out that if you just don’t look at racism, it won’t make you feel bad. So they quickly decide that they would never acknowledge the existence of racism, which would prevent them from being attacked.

n the movie, Lil’ Rel plays a character who has studied racism for years. He tries to explain to everyone that racism has existed since the beginning of time, but no one will listen to him because he’s not educated, he’s just some dude who works at a grocery store.

The only thing the uneducated black guy is good for is helping them get some food from his grocery store. He helps them get through the bad neighborhood that is torn apart by racism. When they get to the store, they discover that there are some crazy people who have looked directly into the eyes of racism. Lil’ Rel eventually dies saving them from a guy who was trying to tell them about racism, but that guy spent time in the criminal justice system, so he was obviously crazy.

But instead of listening to the self-taught black man or the crazy people, Miss White Privilege discovers that a little birdie will tell her when racism is near. So she finds some birds that were going to be sold as chattel and keeps them caged up for the purposes of keeping racism away. Of course, the birds want to be free, they must remain in a box because... after all, how else would the white people survive?

In the movie, Trevante Rhodes plays a Tom (Bruh, that’s literally his name). Tom is very handsome and very resourceful. Even in the apocalypse, Tom finds a way to keep his edge-up fresh as he tries to saves all the white people from racism. Ultimately, even though one of their best friends is black, Tom can’t prevent the white people from seeing racism. Soon racism takes over everything, creating a white supremacist world.

Donald Trump made a cameo appearance as “Gary”. Gary Trump’s shenanigans killed most of the cast (even the old white people) because after they let him in, he gained their trust and then forced them to look racism squarely in the eyes.

Luckily, Tom saves the children and then, and only then, Tom fuck Sandra Privilege, because she’s the last woman on earth. Because of their uncle Tom, the white children learn that they can ignore racism, too. They learn how to listen to everything else in the world except the whispers about white supremacy.

Uncle Tom dies keeping the children safe from people trying to tell them about white supremacy and the entire White Privilege family decides that the only thing that will protect them from white supremacy is a safe space. So they take a journey to find this oasis where white supremacy doesn’t exist.

The journey consists of a lot of falling down. There has to be a scene with a white woman falling down to get horror movie certification. White people in horror movies have weak ankles and terrible balance. But even when they fall, the racism monster that traveled across the world somehow can’t catch them.

Then, there comes a point when Miss Privilege has to decide which kid is going to look at racism. It’s repeated throughout the movie. But when the time comes, Sandra tells the kids: “Fuck that, it’s too dangerous. Matter fack, ain’t no one looking!”

And somehow they find this beautiful oasis where racism doesn’t exist. There’s only one problem:

Racism still exists.

No one kills racism. They don’t even escape racism. The only reason that this compound is protected from the supremacy of whiteness is that the people who live thereliterally can’t see race!The ones who can see race must still ignore racism because racism still rears its ugly head.

The only thing that protects the sighted people from the racism monster is that they have a bunch of birds. And the birds aren’t even free. They just think they are free because the white people gave them a bigger bird box. The birds are still slaves, they just don’t know it!

But everyone lives happily ever after in a post-racial society where the problem of white supremacy is solved simply by walking around with blinders on.

See? I told you.