Steve Harvey: My Wife Told Me To Skip Meeting With Trump, I Should’ve Listened

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
19f02ccf36ab8f606de39363d4df2d8b

When comedian and TV host Steve Harvey met with President Donald Trump earlier this year, he didn’t expect the degree of outrage he’d receive.

“I was being called names that I’ve never been called: Uncle Tom. A coon. A sellout,” he added.

Harvey said he first met with Trump after he said his business partner received “a call from the Obama transition team, who said that the Trump transition team would like to set up a meeting.” He said yes ― but the meeting was also to be held around Harvey’s 60th birthday celebration, which was hosted on a boat. So his wife, Marjorie Harvey, suggested he deliberately miss the meeting.

“My wife says, ’Steve, just take off [and skip the meeting]. You’ll meet with him some other time,'” he recalled. “God, I should’ve listened.”

Harvey met with the President at the Trump Towers and said he spent about 20 minutes in the January meeting talking about golf. He recalled how he told Trump about potentially working with Ben Carson, whom the president appointed to lead the department of Housing and Urban Development, to help identify ways he could help transform closing schools into “vision centers and teach STEM and computers and coding.”

Harvey said he has since been to HUD twice and that he’s met with Carson. “We’re actually trying to get it started,” he said. “Hopefully before the year goes out, we’ll be making the announcement about the first vision center.”

Harvey, who was pictured with Trump immediately following their meeting, drew ire from critics who called out the disrespect and shame they felt in seeing him, a black man, be so willing to work with a man who has consistently neglected and disrespected the black community.

Harvey himself released a statement in January as the outrage began to bubble up, explaining then why he met with the President and affirming that “he would sit with Trump anytime.

A fancy birthday boat ride doesn’t sound half bad, after all.

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-harvey-wife-told-skip-202454915.html

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck stevie, Its too late to try and go back and right your wrongs!! Stevie, get back on your post and be the good gatekeeper your suppose to be!!

Shadow22

Rising Star
Registered
He went to see what was he was talking about...steve ain't turning nothing down but his collar when it comes to money.

Forget the e props talk real life. Can u blame him? He's got Grand kids were talking legacy and that next generation's generation bread. Forget all the disses and mems for his family a check is a private school tuition or college education paid for.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Forget the e props talk real life. Can u blame him? He's got Grand kids were talking legacy and that next generation's generation bread. Forget all the disses and mems for his family a check is a private school tuition or college education paid for.

Of course you would type this.

You are the king of coons on bgol Acur

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Hasn't Cosby and MJ taught you niggas anything? Black men in Amerikkka don't get to ride off into the sunset.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Oh so now his eyes are open. Nothing like 20-20 hindsight. :smh:

It was a tough decision but his wife's advice was sound. I think Steve's success got in the way of his common sense.

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The problem with saying Fuck Steve Harvey as well as these other uncle tom ass coons is the fact that black people have short memories and entertainment beats morals and issues 99.9% of the time. We dont ever take issue with anyone and stick to it, especially if they are entertaining us. We'll even overlook their transgressions against us in favor of us being entertained. Any stance or position that we may have is short lived.

Last edited:

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The problem with saying Fuck Steve Harvey as well as these other uncle tom ass coons is the fact that black people have short memories and entertainment beats morals and issues %99.9 of the time. We dont ever take issue with anyone and stick to it, especially if they are entertaining us. We'll even overlook their transgressions against us in favor of us being entertained. Any stance or position that we may have is short lived.

Well, I've said it before, and maybe if I say it again, it'll stick with the masses THIS time, but...

MOTHERFUCK STEVE HARVEY!

Yeah, I said it!