Steak lovers check this out.

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
I hear what you are saying. I don't trust the FDA or any Gov't to protect us and our food supply.

But, I still think meat is good. I feel like we should start hunting for ourselves. That way, we know what we're getting.

This a cut of meat from the elk I harvested last October. No hormones, no byproducts. This was just a big game animal that was eating nothing but natural foods that it was foraging for in the woods.

e-JTeez430.png
If people had to kill their own food and cut the guts out etc. then 75% of the world would be vegetarian. A hundred or more years ago it was different, but try to get your wife or GF to kill a chicken or a fish and clean out the innards. I bet most would run for the hills. Most people these days have never killed and eaten anything in their lives. But yeah, you're right, wild game is a lot healthier than farmed, growth hormone and antibiotic filled shit.

g0nbad real bad

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man you don’t need no probe but I see he did keep the fat drippings and kept the flavor coming unlike dude in first video. Also, no salt? Man I’m picking up a few from Sams tomorrow. Can eat off them mfs for three to four days.
He put his AP Seasoning on it which is basically salt with garlic and pepper mixed in.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Man you don’t need no probe but I see he did keep the fat drippings and kept the flavor coming unlike dude in first video. Also, no salt? Man I’m picking up a few from Sams tomorrow. Can eat off them mfs for three to four days.

For a cut that big I'd reverse sear it. Cook it in the oven until the right doneness then sear the outside in the grill or in the pan. Best way for thick cuts like that.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There is no best cut from a health perspective. Over 90% of the beef in the US is GMO corn-fed contributing to heart disease, obesity and a myriad of health problems. Even when you pay double and opt for grass-fed beef, it's still never 100% grass-fed as grass is typically not available in winter in most of the US, so soy is substituted. Soy products today are a biological genetic abomination, as is wheat, BTW.

Even if none of these issues existed, there remains another major problem with beef consumption, which is shared by all dietary animal products. Of the rogue, health threatening pharmaceuticals, hormones, antibiotics and industrial chemicals in the human body, the agricultural chemicals, the environmental pollutants etc .... the overwhelming majority got there by the consumption of animal products. Livestock in the USA in particular, is a polluted, chemical laden nightmare. The FDA and the USDA are bought and paid for, ineffective shams, .... just puppets on a string at the whim of the big food industry. They don't give a fuck about your health. Why else would they allow literally hundreds of food additives and chemicals that are banned elsewhere? You must educate and look out for your own health and the health of your family.

If you're wise you'll limit your indulgence in animal products of any kind to a rarity, if ever! This, minus the exception of sardines, and Alaskan wild caught salmon. No other salmon will suffice! No other seafood will suffice due to mercury levels, and/or a limited bioavailability of life and health preserving Omega three fatty acids. (not to be confused with Omega six, which is not generally your friend, but still required in LIMITED amounts)

Your eggs, ...... spend the extra 2 or 3 dollars a dozen and opt for pasture raised eggs, if you consume them at all. I didn't say "cage-free" or any other meaningless term... the carton should say "pasture raised". At least three times the heart protecting, and health boosting nourishment when compared to the typical cheap grocery store eggs. Generic eggs in the US, alone, are particularly NASTY! Have you maybe noticed that eggs aren't refrigerated in most of the world except in the US? That's because the products of the egg industry are so incredibly nasty and chicken shit coated they have to be scrubbed and sanitized in order to be sold thus destroying the protective cuticle membrane. Clean, healthy eggs required no refrigeration! There are good reasons why the lifetime cancer rate in the US was 3% a hundred years ago, and is now roughly 50%. Why the US remains in the top tier of fattest countries in the world. Why the US leads among type 2 diabetes rates. Why damn near half the adult population in the US is on anti-hypertensives (120 MILLION!). Fuck them steaks.
And boom goes the dynamite.

Well, that escalated quickly.

I was not able to find one lie, though.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
damn dude.

here i am saying i haven't used the new cast iron skillet yet and thinking of a simple steak, mash potatoes and salad dish for my birthday.

guess i'll just have the salad unless there is something wrong with that too?

Between pesticides and immigrants having to relieve themselves in the fields, you're out of luck. I would recommend a water fast but the stuff coming out of the pipes is toxic and if you drink bottled water you get the plastics and petrochemicals. I guess you can boil the tap water, tho.

Belated Happy Birthday!

:flyingkiss:

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Schwank Portable Infrared Grill

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
If people had to kill their own food and cut the guts out etc. then 75% of the world would be vegetarian. A hundred or more years ago it was different, but try to get your wife or GF to kill a chicken or a fish and clean out the innards. I bet most would run for the hills. Most people these days have never killed and eaten anything in their lives. But yeah, you're right, wild game is a lot healthier than farmed, growth hormone and antibiotic filled shit.
That joint had zero marbeling, was it tough or what? Have marinate that shit for 3 months or make jerky:itsawrap: