Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That ass and mouf are NOT the move.

Maybe this bitch has a lot of sex appeal and is a wildcat in the sack or something

ua0ch2tcowcx.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The guy who played Boba for the ANH anniversary edition is pissed!!!

Disney asked designers to rename Boba Fett's ship to move away from 'Slave - 1'

So now its just Boba Fett's starship?!?

I have no idea how I feel about this...

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
The guy who played Boba for the ANH anniversary edition is pissed!!!

Disney asked designers to rename Boba Fett's ship to move away from 'Slave - 1'

So now its just Boba Fett's starship?!?

If he's so fucking tone-deaf that he can't see what's wrong with the name it just shows where his head is at. You mean to tell me people are so invested in slavery culture this is what they fight over?
And don't give me the "fantasy, movie, future, harmless, blah, blah, blah" bullshit. Everything matters. Especially nowadays.

I didn't like the name from jump and I'm glad they changed it.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I have no idea how I feel about this...

I don't know that you need to feel anything about it, really. The ship isn't a being.

"Oh, they're changing the name of the ship...Okay, moving on." :dunno:

Every vehicle or piece of equipment with batteries has the capability of providing a jump start of dead batteries, no matter what country the equipment comes from.
They [NATO Cables] were called Slave Receptacles and Slave Cables were used to provide the boost. I don't know anyone who took offense to that.
accessories_tt_common_natos2.jpg

Remember when desktops had two CD drives? One was the primary and the other was the slave, which was powered by the primary drive.
Would he make a peep if the additional drive was called the Secondary?

Meh, nothing to see here, this is just CACs faux outrage.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't know that you need to feel anything about it, really. The ship isn't a being.

"Oh, they're changing the name of the ship...Okay, moving on." :dunno:

Every vehicle or piece of equipment with batteries has the capability of providing a jump start of dead batteries, no matter what country the equipment comes from.
They [NATO Cables] were called Slave Receptacles and Slave Cables were used to provide the boost. I don't know anyone who took offense to that.
accessories_tt_common_natos2.jpg

Remember when desktops had two CD drives? One was the primary and the other was the slave, which was powered by the primary drive.
Would he make a peep if the additional drive was called the Secondary?

Meh, nothing to see here, this is just CACs faux outrage.

I feel like this is just stupid as f*ck to even have a discussion about.

What is really frustrating is they see THIS is suddenly an issue...

Are they looking at representation in front of and behind the camera and at EVERY level of management

to be sure Black folk are properly represented?

that is damn sure more important than the name of a pretend space ship

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Hate to break the Bad News to you Women Hating, InCell Mofos.

But there is big word circulating right now, that with Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni getting recent big promotions in Disney, they are using their new clout to push to get Gina Carano back into the Star Wars Universe and back into her role. They are currently in talks with Disney CEO Bob Chapek.

They were not happy with her firing.

And more Bad News, Daisy Ridley (Rey) has been re-hired by Disney/LucasFilm for upcoming Star Wars projects in her former role.

The Thirst Commences…:16:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

The YouTuber behind that viral deepfake Mandalorian video now officially works for Lucasfilm

The YouTuber known as Shamook who deepfaked Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian now has a Star Wars job.
By Nick Romano
July 27, 2021 at 11:37 AM EDT

That feeling when your Star Wars deepfakes are so good that Lucasfilm wants to give you a job. That was essentially what happened to the person known online as Shamook.

The YouTuber, known for his popular deepfake videos in which he improves the de-aging CGI in Star Wars projects like Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and The Mandalorian, mentioned in the comments section of one of his videos this month that he was recently recruited by Lucasfilm's Industrial Light and Magic.

"As some of you may already know, I joined ILM/Lucasfilm a few months ago and haven't had the time to work on any new YouTube content," Shamook wrote. "Now I've settled into my job, uploads should start increasing again. They'll still be slow, but hopefully not months apart. Enjoy!"
The studio then confirmed the news in a statement to EW. "[Industrial Light and Magic is] always on the lookout for talented artists and have in fact hired the artist that goes by the online persona 'Shamook,'" a representative for ILM said. "Over the past several years ILM has been investing in both machine learning and A.I. as a means to produce compelling visual effects work and it's been terrific to see momentum building in this space as the technology advances."

De-aged Mark Hamill in 'The Mandalorian' season 2

| CREDIT: LUCASFILM LTD.
IndieWire was the first to report the news. Shamook didn't immediately respond to EW's requests for further comment, and details on their specific job responsibilities weren't mentioned, though it's fair to speculate.

Shamook had gone viral in December for posting a new deepfake video that seemed to improve the visuals in The Mandalorian season 2 finale, which brought in a technologically de-aged Mark Hamill to reprise his role of Luke Skywalker. The side-by-side comparisons between the show and Shamook's deepfake in the video, which currently has more than 2.1 million views on YouTube, couldn't be ignored.

Shamrook had already done something similar for Rogue One. The film included de-aged versions of Grand Moff Tarkin (Peter Cushing) and Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher). Again, the work spoke for itself.

This emphasis on "machine learning" and new techniques can be seen elsewhere in Lucasfilm. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, showrunner Jon Favreau and ILM utilized StageCraft, which creates CGI environments in real time for the actors to perform in, thanks to a wraparound LED screen. It's something Lucasfilm and ILM will continue to use as they develop multiple live-action Star Wars shows.

As for Shamook, there's nothing fake about this YouTube success story.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I feel like this is just stupid as f*ck to even have a discussion about.

What is really frustrating is they see THIS is suddenly an issue...

Are they looking at representation in front of and behind the camera and at EVERY level of management

to be sure Black folk are properly represented?

that is damn sure more important than the name of a pretend space ship

So Disney would rather do something as trivial as rename a fucking trinket star ship :lol: rather than address disparities that actually matter within their corporation.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
At first glance, the name Firespray seems unorthodox for a ship like Boba's, as it has neither a fiery color scheme nor a flamethrower.

In truth, it isn't necessarily a name, like the Millennium Falcon; it's actually a shortened version of the type of ship Fett has. The ship's full name is the Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft, or Firespray-class interceptor. Its title is actually more akin to how Din Djarin named his ship the Razor Crest in The Mandalorian.

The Razor Crest is only a slight change from the ship's real designation, the Razor Craft.

Firesprays were initially created by Kuat Systems Engineering and, with some modifications, are capable of being the perfect ship for bounty hunting.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
And more Bad News, Daisy Ridley (Rey) has been re-hired by Disney/LucasFilm for upcoming Star Wars projects in her former role.

The Thirst Commences…:16:

I don't understand,why Disney is so fascinating about her character when most people including women thought Rey was a fucking joke...Hell,alot of people like Jyn Erso more than they like Rey,which I completely agree with...

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor