Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I see your point....

she served her purpose

but they needed her till the finale because the significance of that all female attack squad

that is gonna be a MOMENT for years to come.

But going FORWARD?

I wouldn't MISS her.

the challenge is they made her the DIRECT connect to the past present and future of the rebels/republic a s former respected solider.

Exactly what was the significance of the all-female attack squad? I don't get it. The main action was Mando and Moff and of course Luke.

I also don't understand why she has to be the link. Surely she's not the only former drop soldier?

If they wanted all-females they could have easily put agent May with them and Olyphant on sniper duty.

The more I think about it, the more I want her gone.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
Oh it was obviously to have a woman power moment which is fine. Storywise it just made no sense to me. Call in every favor for that mission.

Gotcha. But I agree that it was unnecessary and bent the plot out of line, it felt forced. Shit, it would have been better if they left Carano out of it and took that nutty old lady that watches Grogu when Mando has to go off somewhere. She could have brought some of those malfunctioning robots of hers and it would have been hilarious.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Exactly what was the significance of the all-female attack squad? I don't get it. The main action was Mando and Moff and of course Luke.

I also don't understand why she has to be the link. Surely she's not the only former drop soldier?

If they wanted all-females they could have easily put agent May with them and Olyphant on sniper duty.

The more I think about it, the more I want her gone.

They were setting up the all female squad i got no issue with it. It was well done and i know it was a significant moment in Star Wars for modern female fans and across the board.

Gina good in small doses and looks good all thick and sexy. Yeah she can't really act but she looks good holding a gun and in fight scenes.

All that being said?

She is VERY replaceable. But i do think her connection to the rebels in this Mandalorian universe and larger star wars universe could be important but again

She aint irreplaceable by any measure

And the headache doesn't match the talent.

ESPECIALLY since Starbuck on there...

They GOT the strong female lead to play opposite Mando.

Gina can go now.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
They were setting up the all female squad i got no issue with it. It was well done and i know it was a significant moment in Star Wars for modern female fans and across the board.

Gina good in small doses and looks good all thick and sexy. Yeah she can't really act but she looks good holding a gun and in fight scenes.

All that being said?

She is VERY replaceable. But i do think her connection to the rebels in this Mandalorian universe and larger star wars universe could be important but again

She aint irreplaceable by any measure

And the headache doesn't match the talent.

ESPECIALLY since Starbuck on there...

They GOT the strong female lead to play opposite Mando.

Gina can go now.

Is it really tho? Were women really clamoring for a low-rent Avengers Endgame rip-off? idk bro. It felt forced to me and that's never good in a plot.

And Carano looks like any other fat white dame in Walmart now. It's clear she's overweight and she doesn't move like she did. What made her watchable was her gym bod and movements. Now she just waddles like a walrus, flippers stuck out an errthang. When she left the fight game and started doing movies she was very fuckable. Not anymore.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Is it really tho? Were women really clamoring for a low-rent Avengers Endgame rip-off? idk bro. It felt forced to me and that's never good in a plot.

And Carano looks like any other fat white dame in Walmart now. It's clear she's overweight and she doesn't move like she did. What made her watchable was her gym bod and movements. Now she just waddles like a walrus, flippers stuck out an errthang. When she left the fight game and started doing movies she was very fuckable. Not anymore.

All i can say is most wonen i know and social didn't even notice until the elevator scene and that is what made it meaningful to them, it did just HAPPEN no one mentioned it and it was cool.

And I'm happy it happened

Cause real talk if there was a Mace Windu Lando Graga scene?

You REALLY think WE WOULD HAVE NOT BEEN HYPED AS F*CK!?!

So fair is fair

Its all good to me.

Gina being some right wing trump racist not so much.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

her resting face is a grin... :happy: :giggle:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
135848853_252087759609382_9180314504288567378_o.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Oh she is gonna REGRET that interview

Oh yes she will....

Carano also spoke about her passion and this “dream” she wants to fulfill, which seems to be centred on using her platform to spread similar ideologies. According to the Disney and Star Wars actress, people shouldn’t trust “machines” like “big news” or “big tech” and her goal is to let people know “where the news should come from.”

Near the end of the interview, Carano briefly spoke about freedom, which seemed in line with her previous anti-mask stance and COVID-19 conspiracies.

“Florida looks really appealing. Coming from California, it looks like it’s just amazing there,” Carano said. “I mean, are you guys roaming the streets freely as free human Americans?”

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I finished the series Christmas weekend after the Season Finale debuted.

GREAT SEASON!!!!

This is how you do a Star Wars series no doubt.

I went thru the thread from my last post and credited posts.

Im not going to repeat shit already posted but will point out some things nobody posted.

Bill Burr’s scenes with Mando was well done. He gave good insight on life in the Empire from a point of view we have not seen in other projects. He would be great in his own series showing him entering the Empire and his time with them. It would give us some insight on the Empire overall.

Did anybody catch the “Battlestar Galatica” Easter Egg/Shout-Out?

When Bo Katan (Kartie Sarkoff) was flying the Imperial Shuttle. They showed the hanger deck of the Imperial Cruiser. They had the Tie-Fighter launch out like a Viper out of the Galatica in a tube.

Also, Bo Katan flew the Imperial Shuttle right into the hanger bay of the Imperial Cruiser. In Battlestar Galatica, there was a scene where the Galatica charged up its FTL drives while the Vipers were out on a mission. The Vipers returned and had to crash land into the bay cuz they did not have time to do regular landing protocols. Starbucks crashed her Viper the same as Bo Katan crashed her Imperial Shuttle. I was waiting to see if Katee was gonna glance into the camera and smile, but she didn’t.

Another thing was when R2-D2 debuted. He was talking to Grogu like they were old buddies. It was obvious R2 and Grogu met back in the Jedi Temple. R2 may have known about Grogu being he had already been trusted with the secret of Luke and Leia after they were born. He may have quickly briefed Luke when Luke received the signal from Grogu.

Luke looked great in his debut. The CGI was a little rough on his face, but it held up.

Looking forward to the new series Disney has planned.

Overall, great season.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Mark Hamill saying fuck The Last Jedi. Probably gave him a ton of money to stop saying he didn't like what they did to Luke.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I finished the series Christmas weekend after the Season Finale debuted.

GREAT SEASON!!!!

This is how you do a Star Wars series no doubt.

I went thru the thread from my last post and credited posts.

Im not going to repeat shit already posted but will point out some things nobody posted.

Bill Burr’s scenes with Mando was well done. He gave good insight on life in the Empire from a point of view we have not seen in other projects. He would be great in his own series showing him entering the Empire and his time with them. It would give us some insight on the Empire overall.

Did anybody catch the “Battlestar Galatica” Easter Egg/Shout-Out?

When Bo Katan (Kartie Sarkoff) was flying the Imperial Shuttle. They showed the hanger deck of the Imperial Cruiser. They had the Tie-Fighter launch out like a Viper out of the Galatica in a tube.

Also, Bo Katan flew the Imperial Shuttle right into the hanger bay of the Imperial Cruiser. In Battlestar Galatica, there was a scene where the Galatica charged up its FTL drives while the Vipers were out on a mission. The Vipers returned and had to crash land into the bay cuz they did not have time to do regular landing protocols. Starbucks crashed her Viper the same as Bo Katan crashed her Imperial Shuttle. I was waiting to see if Katee was gonna glance into the camera and smile, but she didn’t.

Another thing was when R2-D2 debuted. He was talking to Grogu like they were old buddies. It was obvious R2 and Grogu met back in the Jedi Temple. R2 may have known about Grogu being he had already been trusted with the secret of Luke and Leia after they were born. He may have quickly briefed Luke when Luke received the signal from Grogu.

Luke looked great in his debut. The CGI was a little rough on his face, but it held up.

Looking forward to the new series Disney has planned.

Overall, great season.
I thought the droids memories were wiped after Luke and Leia were born

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

she REALLY underestimates not only her own talent but how much fans love her work

Mandalorian Bo-Katan Actress Thought She’d Be Recast
Katee Sackhoff, who plays Bo-Katan in the Star Wars universe, thought she would be recast for The Mandalorian with a big star like Scarlett Johansson.
BY DANIEL GILLESPIE21 HOURS AGO

Bo-Katan-Saves-Mando-And-Grogu.jpg

Katee Sackhoff, who plays Bo-Katan in the Star Wars universe, thought the role would be recast for The Mandalorian, expecting it to go to a bigger star like Scarlett Johansson. The 40-year-old actor is best known for her role as Kara "Starbuck" Thrace in Battlestar Galactica and is a household name for sci-fi TV fans. However, Sackhoff's public profile beyond that genre is limited, despite an acting CV that includes almost 60 credits. She's appeared in shows like The Flash and Robot Chicken and has voiced Sarah Hall in the Call of Duty game series.
Sackhoff has also become an integral part of the Star Wars universe over the past decade, thanks to her role as Bo-Katan Kryze. She voiced the character in Star Wars: The Clones Wars as well as Star Wars Rebels and joined the cast of The Mandalorian season 2 to portray Bo-Katan in live-action for the first time, an experience she admitted was emotional. Sackhoff's appearance was one of the highlights of the show for Star Wars fans, as it connected the Disney+ series to the wider canon established by the animated shows. But Sackhoff says she didn't think she'd ever get the chance to play the character in live-action, expecting the role to be recast.
Continue Scrolling To Keep ReadingClick the button below to start this article in quick view.

START NOW
RELATED: Who Plays Bo-Katan In The Mandalorian? Where You Know Katee Sackhoff From
Speaking to Michael Rosenbaum on his podcast Inside of You, Sackhoff talks about how surprised she was to be cast in The Mandalorian. Sackhoff says she thought a bigger star would get the role, joking Johansson was probably the best choice. As a result, Sackhoff says she couldn't quite believe it when showrunner Jon Favreau called her about appearing as Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian. Sackhoff explains:
I’ve had a beautiful career and there have been great things. But, I’ve seen people around me get that big, huge, massive thing and you go "Wow, so proud of them, so excited for them. It’s amazing, ’cause if it happens to someone else, there’s still hope, right, that it can happen to you? But, it never happened to me, like that big, huge thing had never happened, so I always joked, "of course they’ll recast it, they’ll probably hire Scarlett Johansson." But when Mandalorian came out and I saw [Dave Filoni] at [Star Wars] Celebration. I made a joke about Bo-Katan, ya know, "wink wink, nudge, nudge." I’ve been playing characters like this for 15 years, buddy. I never really thought it would happen. I was just sort of joking. It was this moment where I was always just joking and when a phone call came in that Jon Favreau wanted to sit down with me, I almost had a heart attack. It took me halfway through that meeting that he was actually talking about me doing Bo-Katan. I remember sitting across from him, just this total out-of-body experience, thinking, "Oh, those are pictures of me on the wall." What is happening? I still to this day, I’m still pinching myself. My mind is blown. They believed that I could and they ultimately let me.

Sackhoff's humility is surprising, given she's already had a career stretching back for two decades and is a bona fide sci-fi icon, even having played herself in two episodes of The Big Bang Theory. But it's also a sign of just how big The Mandalorian is that Sackhoff believed a major movie star would likely be cast in the role. However, it didn't turn out that way, and Sackhoff is now part of one of the most exciting TV shows of all time.
Despite having only appeared in two episodes of The Mandalorian, Bo-Katan is expected to return for season 3. There has been no confirmation, but the season 2 finale set up a potential plot line for The Mandalorianseason 3 involving the Darksaber, which the character has a long history with. If that story is followed, Sackhoff will likely be given more of a chance to shine in The Mandalorian season 3 and may raise her profile enough to get that "big, huge, massive thing" she talks about in the podcast.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Gina Carano Has Reportedly Apologized To Disney For Social Media Behavior
By Christian Bone 2 days ago

Gina Carano could do no wrong with the Star Wars fan community once upon a time ago, thanks to her beloved turn as Cara Dune in The Mandalorian season 1, but that all changed over the past year as the actress started to become more political on social media, frequently sharing her controversial opinions on a wide range of topics, including the COVID-19 vaccine, the presidential election and the January 6th riots. Not to mention her poorly received joke about the use of pronouns in bios.

It’s gotten to the point where #FireGinaCarano is a regular trend on Twitter, with various reports pointing to Lucasfilm itching to get rid of the former MMA star in order to distance themselves from the bad press. According to a new piece of intel, though, it’s possible that Carano has managed to defuse the situation somewhat, as insider Daniel Richtman has shared on his Patreon page today that the actress has apologized to the studio privately for her social media behavior.

Carano has previously said that she wouldn’t back down in the face of the backlash against her, but while she might not want to publicly give in to those who’ve got it in for her, it seems she may have swallowed her pride and had some private discussions with Disney instead. Richtman writes that Carano was likely motivated to do so in the hopes of saving the plans to give Cara Dune her own spinoff series.

Last December, Lucasfilm announced Rangers of the New Republic, which seemed like a good fit for Dune given her recent new job as a New Republic marshal. And while it’s likely that she’ll turn up in that project, the Cara Dune show is reportedly something separate.

In any case, lately, Gina Carano has kept her Twitter account largely apolitical, with a surge of support recently getting #WeLoveCaraDune trending.

So, if the studio is receptive to her apology, it may go ahead, after all.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Gina Carano Has Reportedly Apologized To Disney For Social Media Behavior
By Christian Bone 2 days ago

Gina Carano could do no wrong with the Star Wars fan community once upon a time ago, thanks to her beloved turn as Cara Dune in The Mandalorian season 1, but that all changed over the past year as the actress started to become more political on social media, frequently sharing her controversial opinions on a wide range of topics, including the COVID-19 vaccine, the presidential election and the January 6th riots. Not to mention her poorly received joke about the use of pronouns in bios.

It’s gotten to the point where #FireGinaCarano is a regular trend on Twitter, with various reports pointing to Lucasfilm itching to get rid of the former MMA star in order to distance themselves from the bad press. According to a new piece of intel, though, it’s possible that Carano has managed to defuse the situation somewhat, as insider Daniel Richtman has shared on his Patreon page today that the actress has apologized to the studio privately for her social media behavior.

Carano has previously said that she wouldn’t back down in the face of the backlash against her, but while she might not want to publicly give in to those who’ve got it in for her, it seems she may have swallowed her pride and had some private discussions with Disney instead. Richtman writes that Carano was likely motivated to do so in the hopes of saving the plans to give Cara Dune her own spinoff series.

Last December, Lucasfilm announced Rangers of the New Republic, which seemed like a good fit for Dune given her recent new job as a New Republic marshal. And while it’s likely that she’ll turn up in that project, the Cara Dune show is reportedly something separate.

In any case, lately, Gina Carano has kept her Twitter account largely apolitical, with a surge of support recently getting #WeLoveCaraDune trending.

So, if the studio is receptive to her apology, it may go ahead, after all.
daffy.gif

when you gotta dance...ya gotta dance.. :giggle: