Star Trek: Discovery Season 5 will be the final season - April 2024 debut

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
04k71d8k53421.jpg

da_monumental_1

LinuxGawd & BOFH
BGOL Investor
The only Vulcans that wore beards were from the mirror universe. If he's from the prime universe, they'll need a good explanation as to why he has one.

"Have faith my friend. There are more of us than you know." - Sybok

=====

That's not true. Tuvok's instructor, Si'tann, wore a beard.

Also, Spock's half-brother, Sybok, had a beard.

Also, the only canonical episode in the Animated Series, "Yesteryear", had a Vulcan healer with a beard.

Last edited:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
"Have faith my friend. There are more of us than you know." - Sybok

=====

That's not true. Tuvok's instructor, Si'tann, wore a beard.

Also, Spock's half-brother, Sybok, had a beard.

Also, the only canonical episode in the Animated Series, "Yesteryear", had a Vulcan healer with a beard.

I should have said Non-animated Vulcans that properly suppress their emotions. Lol. Tuvok's instructor sounded very emotional in that clip.

Spock had no beard in "The Cage". He would've had to have been clean shaven, then decide to grow a decent sized beard, just to go completely clean shaven again. It's completely possible, but they can't let it go by without a decent explanation.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I refuse to buy CBS access this need to be on regular TV

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Star Trek: Discovery team reveals how Spock, Captain Pike will be different

Current Time 1:15
/
Duration 9:48
Loaded: 0%

Progress: 0%

YOU MIGHT LIKE
'DISCOVERY OF WITCHES' STAR TERESA PALMER WAS INSTANTLY DRAWN TO DIANA
Star Trek: Discovery
Show Details
TYPE

TV Show
NETWORK

CBS

JAMES HIBBERD
January 04, 2019 at 02:18 PM EST
There’s a Spock. There’s a Captain Pike. And there’s even a USS Enterprise.

Season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery arguably has more in common with the franchise’s fan-favorite 1960s original series than any other TV iteration of the Trek brand — and the similarities don’t stop with familiar characters and ships.

After last year’s intense Klingon war and inner-crew power struggles, this season lightens up and energizes its episodes with some classic Trek camaraderie and humor.

“Now that we’ve achieved peace, there’s more room for levity,” says Sonequa Martin-Green, whose rebellious Comdr. Michael Burnham has to adjust to another new captain, Pike (Anson Mount), who takes control of the USS Discovery to investigate seven “red bursts” of unknown origin.

Ben Mark Holzberg/CBS
Expect Pike to restore some civility to the big chair after last season’s traitorous Captain Lorca (Jason Isaacs), and come across rather different than previous captains.

“Kirk has a swagger, and is good at thinking outside the box because he’s a rulebreaker,” Mount says. “Pike is very by-the-book. He refers to the Starfleet code of conduct more often than not. What sets him apart from other captains, especially from Lorca, is he knows like any good leader the most precious resources is his crew. when he’s stuck, he’s not afraid to say, ‘I’m lost, anybody got a better idea?’ He uses the bridge as a bigger brain.”

For hardcore fans, the biggest mystery is: What’s Spock (Ethan Peck) even doing here? And how can he be Burnham’s adopted brother when the iconic character has never mentioned her in all of the Trek canon? Showrunner Alex Kurtzman says the Spock we meet here is rather different than the Leonard Nimoy or Zachary Quinto version.

Michael Gibson/CBS
“The Spock we meet in season 2 is not the one we know yet,” Kurtzman says. “He’s really struggling. But if it were not for his relationship with Michael, he wouldn’t become the Spock we know today.”

tanks1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How do you guys compare this with the Orville?....seems people luv the orville and hate Discovery

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
How do you guys compare this with the Orville?....seems people luv the orville and hate Discovery
The Orville is actually better than I thought it would be Star Trek on the other hand I have to pay CBS to view it and that pisses me off.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

the orville is not my thing. but i really don't do camp or situation comedies. (unless the writing is excellent for a situation comedy i.e. blackish)

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

imo, the only people that don't like discovery have some other type of agenda. like cac's that don't like seeing minority and women leads.

discovery is imo the best trek series since TOS. and honestly its better than that. but i can't give it the nod because without TOS the plot points and genius in discovery does not exist.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The series will follow Captain Georgiou’s alternate counterpart from the Mirror Universe, where she was the villainous Emperor of the Terran Empire. Executive producers Alex Kurtzman, Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth, and Aaron Baiers, and writers Bo Yeon Kim and Erika Lippoldt will chronicle her journey during her time as a member of Starfleet’s Section 31 division. Yeoh shared her excitement in a statement: “I’m so excited to continue telling these rich Star Trek stories. Being a part of this universe and this character specifically has been such a joy for me to play. I can’t wait to see where it all goes — certainly I believe it will go ‘where no WOMAN has ever gone before!’

older version

A version older
Registered

I see a lot of hate by people because of paying for a subscription. But none for paying for HBO
The other hate is because some think that this is a politically correct Star Trek...
but they say that only because of Sonequa Martin-Green. They are not real fans. Otherwise they would have died when they watched TNG

Orville, excuse me, is more like a rip-off.

Make no mistake when the hate is thrown by those who have not even seen the show

170921-news-star-trek-discovery-sonequa-martin-green.jpg

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This show is so next level. They fucked up by only showing on that wack ass streaming service. Don't show, shoulda been on Netflix, so all episodes dropped at once

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Was invited to a Big-Screen premiere tonight.
But backed out due to it being the later screening and not the earlier one I wanted.
Plus I really had no desire to be down at The Regal Battery Park Cinema that late.
New York Cats know the deal.
Shit's an ASS-Pain to get to and back from.
Unless you actually live in that area.

So a DownLoad for Me.
Can't Wait.

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I broke down and got CBS Access for $5.99 via Amazon Prime

The Short Treks are nice and Mudd is the man.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sonequa Martin-Green on "inner restoration" of her "Star Trek: Discovery" character