Star Trek: Discovery Season 5 will be the final season - April 2024 debut

PIMPSTARInc

Star
BGOL Investor
Don’t forget section 31 first appears in DS9 Which is about 200 or so years after the Discovery series place.
My guess is there is some incident, some cluster fuck if you will, that forces section 31 to go underground. And that’s why no one had ever heard of them by the time DS9 comes around.

Looks like I was right

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Spock saw a ship decloak right in fucking front of him, but no one cares because the episode had pretty lights and explosions.

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Spock saw a ship decloak right in fucking front of him, but no one cares because the episode had pretty lights and explosions.

I am not going to hunt down the episode but Klingons had cloaking devices in TOS. I think what the Discovery series is saying is that the cloaking device that Klingons has was shitty and easy to detect after a fashion.

Then a decade later - the Romulans who were pretty much an unknown factor before Kirk rolled up on them has far superior cloaking device - their shit made them legitimate invisible, unlike the Klingons low rent version.

Yes, Discovery fucked around with canon but so did Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, and Enterprise. Canon is always being adjusted to fit stories and also based on interpretation, like history.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
I am not going to hunt down the episode but Klingons had cloaking devices in TOS. I think what the Discovery series is saying is that the cloaking device that Klingons has was shitty and easy to detect after a fashion.

Then a decade later - the Romulans who were pretty much an unknown factor before Kirk rolled up on them has far superior cloaking device - their shit made them legitimate invisible, unlike the Klingons low rent version.

Yes, Discovery fucked around with canon but so did Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, and Enterprise. Canon is always being adjusted to fit stories and also based on interpretation, like history.

Ironically, your explanation works perfectly for the differences between cloaking tech in the DS9 episode "Through the looking glass" where they were able to detect cloaked ships and just didn't know what they were, and the episode "the emperor's new cloak" where they weren't able to detect anything until the ship decloaked. Unfortunately, Discovery made the point that the cloaking tech was helping the Klingons kick their ass and win the war, shitty easy to detect tech can't do that. Kirk's crew was completely clueless when it came to the notion of a ship being invisible. Out of 400 people, not one said "hey, this looks similar to what I saw 8 years ago".

Rick Berman was very careful to safe guard Gene's creation. The modern series may have made continuity mistakes, but they were never allowed to forgo continuity for the sake of the story like Discovery. I've already stated the many errors that the show has made, these are not mistakes, these are don't give a fucks.

crazycac50

Rising Star
Registered
The only problem I have with the show is it's over reliance on Burnham. She shouldn't be the center of all the action all of the time.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

clearly you didn't see or understand spock's epilogue.

it clears up 95% of the issues that you have.

i can't find the video but it basically states that anyone that was involved in any dealings with discovery are forbidden to ever discuss them with anyone. basically a NDA for any issues involving any missions or anything else with discovery. including section 31 and its potential revamp, cloaking, burnham, terrans, etc....

Last edited:

crazycac50

Rising Star
Registered
she's the star of the show WTF you talking bout lol

Just because she is the star doesn't mean she has to be personally involved in every single thing. They have made her character an expert at all things which is a detriment to the development of the rest of the crew. At this point pretty much every major event in the universe is somehow related to her. If you don't see that as a problem I don't how much of a Trek fan you actually are.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
clearly you didn't see or understand spock's epilogue.

it clears up 95% of the issues that you have.

i can't find the video but it basically states that anyone that was involved in any dealings with discovery are forbidden to ever discuss them with anyone. basically a NDA for any issues involving any missions or anything else with discovery. including section 31 and its potential revamp, cloaking, burnham, terrans, etc....

Not only did I see it, I made a point to watch that part again before I commented.

Spock mentioned Discovery, the spore drive, and Burnham NOT cloaking technology. Him suggesting that they keep cloaking technology a secret wouldn't have made sense anyway since so many people saw it during the war. There's no way to put that genie back in the bottle.

Maybe they could go back in time and stop the war from starting in the first place, but that would erase the entire show since that would prevent her from being a mutineer which would also prevent her from ending up on Discovery.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I gotta find smaller files, the first two seasons are taking 98 gigs on my drive

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

so much for clowns, misogynists and racists talking about this is the worst star trek ever.

The 2019 Emmy Award nominations were announced today and Star Trek: Discoveryearned four nominations. The series is nominated for Oustanding Main Title Designs. It will be up against Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, Game of Thrones, True Detective, and Warrior in the category.

The episode “If Memory Serves” earned a nomination for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Limited Series, Movie or Special. This is the season two episode that featured the updated designs for the Talosians. The other nominees include American Horror Story: Apocalypse, Chernobyl, Fosse/Verdon, and Game of Thrones.

The second season finale episode “Such Sweet Sorry, Part 2” earned two nominations. The first is for Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour). It will be up against Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Gotham, and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan in the category.

The episode’s other nomination is for Outstanding Special Visual effects. In that category, it will compete with Game of Thrones, The Man in the High Castle, The Orville, and The Umbrella Academy.

Star Trek: Discovery also earned five Saturn Award nominations. Those include individual nominations for Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, Ethan Peck, and Wilson Cruz.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
so much for clowns, misogynists and racists talking about this is the worst star trek ever.

The 2019 Emmy Award nominations were announced today and Star Trek: Discoveryearned four nominations. The series is nominated for Oustanding Main Title Designs. It will be up against Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, Game of Thrones, True Detective, and Warrior in the category.

The episode “If Memory Serves” earned a nomination for Outstanding Prosthetic Makeup for a Series, Limited Series, Movie or Special. This is the season two episode that featured the updated designs for the Talosians. The other nominees include American Horror Story: Apocalypse, Chernobyl, Fosse/Verdon, and Game of Thrones.

The second season finale episode “Such Sweet Sorry, Part 2” earned two nominations. The first is for Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour). It will be up against Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Gotham, and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan in the category.

The episode’s other nomination is for Outstanding Special Visual effects. In that category, it will compete with Game of Thrones, The Man in the High Castle, The Orville, and The Umbrella Academy.

Star Trek: Discovery also earned five Saturn Award nominations. Those include individual nominations for Sonequa Martin-Green, Doug Jones, Ethan Peck, and Wilson Cruz.
:bullshit:

same idiot noms for poorly written / conceived crap like Handmaid's Tale
from same voters that ignored The Wire

Discovery is utter crap that Treki's aren't fucking with

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
:bullshit:

same idiot noms for poorly written / conceived crap like Handmaid's Tale
from same voters that ignored The Wire

Discovery is utter crap that Treki's aren't fucking with

i am a trekkie. as is my mother (was my father) and my friends that are into sci fi.

we all like discovery.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
i am a trekkie. as is my mother and my friends that are into sci fi.

we all like discovery.
you guys are in the significant minority

real talk - how can you go from appreciating the quality of shows like DS9 to loving Discovery?

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
you guys are in the significant minority

real talk - how can you go from appreciating the quality of shows like DS9 to loving Discovery?

i liked DS9 but the seasons were too long and they had ridiculous filler episodes. It was also too soap opery for me. jake was underutilized and neutered imo.

but i understand why jake existed. i know about the whole jake/wesley dichotomy.

DS9 is not in my top three trek series.

my top three in no order are discovery, TOS and TNG. i can't put them in order. but if forced discovery is number one.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Just watched. what an ending! Sonja Sohn damnit!!!!

Can anyone explain what happened to captain Leeland with the eye poke thing.?

https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/21/sonja-sohn-arrested-cocaine-possession-the-wire-chi/

1258e56d44c14efca4fd5789808e376a_md.jpg