Star Trek: Discovery Season 5 will be the final season - April 2024 debut

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
It looks like the gay plotlines are over. They got rid of that Anthony Rapp.

anthony-rapp.jpg

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They added a straight white man to the show, so they must have felt the heat.

On the other hand. Did anyone peep the Star Trek Discovery Short file "Calypso" It was available on my streaming service as of yesterday, but I assume it and other short films have been available on CBS all access since last year

Stars this cat
220px-Aldis_Hodge_2016.jpg

I thought it was really good for what it was.

"The USS Discovery, after drifting in space for a thousand years, has evolved to the point that its computer system has become sentient and named itself Zora. She retrieves a passing escape pod carrying a man named Craft. Zora reveals that she has been ordered to hold her current position for the past millennium. Zora initially keeps Craft aboard the ship (she wants company and is beginning to fall in love with him) but eventually lets him take Discovery's last shuttle to return to his home on Alcor IV."

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They added a straight white man to the show, so they must have felt the heat.

On the other hand. Did anyone peep the Star Trek Discovery Short file "Calypso" It was available on my streaming service as of yesterday, but I assume it and other short films have been available on CBS all access since last year

Stars this cat
220px-Aldis_Hodge_2016.jpg

I thought it was really good for what it was.

"The USS Discovery, after drifting in space for a thousand years, has evolved to the point that its computer system has become sentient and named itself Zora. She retrieves a passing escape pod carrying a man named Craft. Zora reveals that she has been ordered to hold her current position for the past millennium. Zora initially keeps Craft aboard the ship (she wants company and is beginning to fall in love with him) but eventually lets him take Discovery's last shuttle to return to his home on Alcor IV."

It was good and makes you wonder how & why the USS Discovery was left out there by itself just waiting?

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I feel like an IDIOT for not trekking all the way down to that Ground Zero Regal for that Premiere Event.
Because this Season 2 Episode One was a Cinematic 10!!!
I've watched it at least 3 Times already.

Would have been FUN to have seen it in a theater.
Though an IMAX/Dolby Cinema would have been better.
I had to settle for my Soundbar/Subwoofer,

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I feel like an IDIOT for not trekking all the way down to that Ground Zero Regal for that Premiere Event.
Because this Season 2 Episode One was a Cinematic 10!!!
I've watched it at least 3 Times already.

Would have been FUN to have seen it in a theater.
Though an IMAX/Dolby Cinema would have been better.
I had to settle for my Soundbar/Subwoofer,

I said the same thing. The cinematography is excellent. I am so happy to have a 75 inch 4k and 7.1 .

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Just watched the first episode of season two. It's official, this is in the JJ Abrams universe. The entire justification for Discovery being so technologically advanced was that it was a super special unique ship. Nope. The Hiawatha and the Enterprise both had futuristic (24th century futuristic) interfaces that simply did not exist in this time frame.

It's okay to like it but don't dare call it canon. Hell, if it didn't have the Star Trek name I'd like it too.

saundman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How does that work via amazon prime? You mean on the amazon prime app? It’s cheaper that way?

Yes, thru the Amazon App for 5.99 with limited commercials.

Wifey said that wasn't too bad. We begin watching the show and a commercial came on in the middle. She looked at me saying you cheap ass.

Side note: I thought the one in red was about to die but that other arrogant person deserved too

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sonequa Martin-Green Explains Why She Owes So Much To Star Trek Legend Nichelle Nichols

Throughout all the interviews and promos for this show,
It appears that Martin-Green has taken it upon herself to be The Standard Bearer now.
As corny as that can come off,
Sista is really genuine with it.
They all know there's a lot to live up to.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
CBS All Access Has Record-Breaking Weekend Fueled By ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 2 Premiere

Star Trek: Discovery was launched to be the flagship of CBS All Access, giving CBS a foothold in the growing market of streaming services. Today the network highlighted how the second season premiere of Discovery helped set a new milestone for the service.

Discovery helps set a new record for All Access
Today CBS All Access announced that the second season premiere of Star Trek: Discovery and the AFC championship game drove a record-breaking weekend for the streaming service. According to CBS, All Access added more subscribers in a single weekend than ever before, eclipsing the previous record set during the 2017 series premiere of Star Trek: Discovery by 72%. In addition, the weekend also set a new record for unique viewers.

“The return of our biggest original series hit, Star Trek: Discovery, and this weekend’s AFC Championship Game have propelled CBS All Access to new record-breaking heights,” said Marc DeBevoise, President and Chief Operating Officer, CBS Interactive. “CBS All Access’ growing content offering, including both exclusive original series and the expansion of live-event programming, continues to pay off with consumers, and we look forward to bringing them even more must-watch series and live events.”

Media analyst shows strong demand for Discovery premiere
Streaming services are generally not included in standard TV ratings, and most, including CBS, don’t tend to release specific viewership figures. However, media analysis company Parrot Analytics tracks interest in TV shows using their own (rather opaque) proprietary metric of “demand impressions” tracking search, social media, and other factors. And by their measurements, Star Trek: Discovery ranked 5th last week for digital originals in the USA.

TOP-10-Digital-Originals-2019-01-21-640x427.jpg

How All Access stacks up versus other streaming services
To get some perspective on All Access in relation to the myriad of choices for streaming services, there’s a new report from TiVo, who publishes a quarterly Video Trends Report based on surveys done by a leading third-party survey service. The study for the fourth quarter of 2018 – released today – shows that CBS All Access is being used in 5.2% of the 69.3% of households that use a monthly streaming service. Of course, this ranks All Access well below giants like Netflix and Amazon, but not that far behind HBO Now and ahead of other niche services like Showtime (also owned by CBS) and Starz.

tvtrends0119-streamers-640x391.jpg

Star Trek: Discovery is available exclusively in the USA on CBS All Access. It airs in Canada on Space and streams on CraveTV. It is available on Netflix everywhere else. The second season debuted on All Access and Space on Thursday, January 17th, 2019, and on Netflix January 18, 2019.

https://trekmovie.com/2019/01/22/cb...led-by-star-trek-discovery-season-2-premiere/

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Just watched the first episode of season two. It's official, this is in the JJ Abrams universe. The entire justification for Discovery being so technologically advanced was that it was a super special unique ship. Nope. The Hiawatha and the Enterprise both had futuristic (24th century futuristic) interfaces that simply did not exist in this time frame.

It's okay to like it but don't dare call it canon. Hell, if it didn't have the Star Trek name I'd like it too.

who said that this is not canon?

it is officially made by the owners of star trek and had the expertise and authority of said organization.

post something official and not some cac fansite.

and for the record this the best trek since TOS.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
who said that this is not canon?

it is officially made by the owners of star trek and had the expertise and authority of said organization.

post something official and not some cac fansite.

and for the record this the best trek since TOS.

I know that the people behind the show swear up and down that it's canon, I'm saying it's not canon.

Look at the transporter consoles on Discovery and the Hiawatha, look at the door interface and console in Spock's quarters. Compared to TOS, which one looks ALOT more futuristic than the other? They went from that to what we saw on TOS? Lmao!

They could have replicated what we saw with Star Trek Enterprise. It would have still looked nice but be believable as far as predating TOS.

I've said it before, the Discovery looks more technologically advanced than the Enterprise J...

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I know that the people behind the show swear up and down that it's canon, I'm saying it's not canon.

Look at the transporter consoles on Discovery and the Hiawatha, look at the door interface and console in Spock's quarters. Compared to TOS, which one looks ALOT more futuristic than the other? They went from that to what we saw on TOS? Lmao!

They could have replicated what we saw with Star Trek Enterprise. It would have still looked nice but be believable as far as predating TOS.

I've said it before, the Discovery looks more technologically advanced than the Enterprise J...

i understand your point.

i think that you are being too stuck in nostalgia. the reason that TOS enterprise looks as such is because that is what the technology of the 1960's would allow. i look back at some old eps and cry laughing at some of the "effects."

we even use a spock meme with that visor that says "can't see shit captain." do you think that visor would look appropriate in 2019?

special effects technology has increased to the nth power since TOS. imo that is not a valid claim of canon or not canon. if this tech had been available in the 60's TOS would have used it.

its kinda like how people complain about the klingons. they looked like that because of the budget and the times. not because that is what roddenberry envisioned them to look like. we now have the tech to make shit look genuine and not like a high school av project. as a matter of fact a 2019 high school av project would look better than TOS.

Last edited:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
i understand your point.

i think that you are being too stuck in nostalgia. the reason that TOS enterprise looks as such is because that is what the technology of the 1960's would allow. i look back at some old eps and cry laughing at some of the "effects."

we even use a spock meme with that visor that says "can't see shit captain." do you think that visor would look appropriate in 2019?

special effects technology has increased the the nth power since TOS. imo that is not a valid claim of canon or not canon. if this tech had been available in the 60's TOS would have used it.

its kinda like how people complain about the klingons. they looked like that because of the budget and the times. not because that is what roddenberry envisioned them to look like. we now have the tech to make shit look genuine and not like a high school av project. as a matter of fact a 2019 high school av project would look better than TOS.

I hear what you're saying, but taking the Klingon appearance for example, that was later explained/justified so there would be no discontinuity. Discovery hasn't explained how Klingons went from looking like human augments to looking the way they do now and then going back to looking like humans.

Plus, look at Pikes Enterprise, they made it look different just so they wouldn't have to pay the licensing fees associated with using the ship from the original series. They literally just got cheap.

They could have set this show 17 years after Nemesis (like they plan to do with Picard's show), have many of the same episodes play out the same way, and there'd be little room for me to complain about anything. This is why I don't like prequels.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I hear what you're saying, but taking the Klingon appearance for example, that was later explained/justified so there would be no discontinuity. Discovery hasn't explained how Klingons went from looking like human augments to looking the way they do now and then going back to looking like humans.

Plus, look at Pikes Enterprise, they made it look different just so they wouldn't have to pay the licensing fees associated with using the ship from the original series. They literally just got cheap.

They could have set this show 17 years after Nemesis (like they plan to do with Picard's show), have many of the same episodes play out the same way, and there'd be little room for me to complain about anything. This is why I don't like prequels.

the klingons appearance changed just from TOS to TNG. they changed again from S1 of TNG to the series end. Then from TNG to DS9 they changed again. just find images of worf from all of those instances. you will see that as makeup and technology improved they made the klingons look more and more different. one of the funniest changes to me was the teeth. in S1 of TNG worf had straight human teeth. by the last season of DS9 he had sharks teeth.

similar arguments can be made for other aliens too including the borg. imma see if i can find images.

i think some people just never want anything to change.