Sports Media: ESPN Discussion - Get Up First Take PTI Update: MASSIVE LAYOFFS 2003!! NEW ESPN brand sports betting app!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They have got to something cause it’s not working. I mean it works better with Maria Taylor but it’s just a problem...

I agree... you put Greeny hosting his own Sportscenter and make it like a morning version of the midnight version of Sportscenter...

Every show doesn’t need to have a debate especially at that time. I’ll continue to say it until my dying breathe.. the show is built for the afternoon. You put that bad boy on from 2-4 and it will pull numbers.

But nothing about the show stands out from it’s competition and once football kicks in.. it’s got major problems. I don’t want to hear Jalen and Michelle talk about Football.. and you really can’t operate a panel show like that with just one football guy. Greeny gets the semi pass cause he was a football beat writer but his perspective is clearly as a fan..

As for His & Hers... ESPN is going to fuck to and let Jamele and Michael go to ESPN or HBO and dominate their new show.

It was truly jarring how well Greeny does with ANYONE NOT named Beadle

and ESPECIALLY with Black Women (he used to KILL with Mike and Jemelle

Greeny lead Sportscenter is a no brainer

I am TRULY SICK of debate.

PTI and High Noon to me is IT

Lebartard isn't REALLY debate...

It actually irritates me to watch First Take now ( We LOVE you Molly!)

Quiet is kept Jalen can actually talk football.

and there are ENOUGH football shows during the day already.

I just want someone KNOWLEDGEABLE...

I feel Like Golic jr would be perfect somewhere.

I have NO IDEA what you do with Beadle.

Cause Cari is PERFECT on Sportsnation.

ESPN will RUE the DAY they let Mike and Jemele leave #haiti_magic

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

very interesting huh?

Will Cain? I REALLY hope all this bullsh*t you spewing is worth it, cause man oh man your soil aint never gonna be clean at this rate.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
@fonzerrillii

watching the app today...

surprised WHICH ESPN shows decided to discuss the Lebron Trump thing... (HN, First Take)

and which did NOT (PTI, Get Up)

I figured you might like this story..

Mike%20Greenberg.jpg

Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports

Mike Greenberg seems incapable of giving an actual opinion about anything
Reimer_775x425.jpg

ALEX REIMER
AUGUST 07, 2018 - 11:32 AM

Mike Greenberg is pulling off one of the greatest magic routines in recent memory. Every morning, he hosts a three-hour talk show on ESPN. And yet, he appears incapable of articulating an actual opinion.

When “Get Up” launched in April, one of the primary concerns was whether Greenberg, who spent 17 years cultivating a milquetoast radio persona on “Mike & Mike,” would be able to siphon viewers away from the multitude of other morning shows out there. While Michelle Beadle and Jalen Rose are also fixtures on the program, it’s Greenberg’s show. He’s reportedly being paid $6.5 million per year.

So far, ratings for “Get Up” have been poor. The early returns were dreadful, with the inaugural episode drawing just 283,000 viewers –– down significantly from the traditional version of “SportsCenter” that aired in its time slot one year prior. Over the last three months, it hasn’t gotten much better. In July, the show averaged 222,632 viewers per episode, according to the Twitter account that tracks “Get Up’s” minuscule audience.

The main issue with “Get Up” is there’s no real reason to watch. Traditional highlight shows recap the previous night’s action with more proficiency, speciality programs like “Good Morning Football” cover individual sports, and debate shows usually feature at least one captivating anchor. “Get Up” is a mishmash of all three, minus the personality.

A lot of this falls back on Greenberg. He never generates reaction, spewing mealy-mouthed monologues about topics ranging from Tom Brady abruptly ending his training camp scrum to the Astros acquiring alleged domestic abuser Roberto Osuno. Last week, here is what Greenberg had to say about Boston Globe reporter Ben Volin asking Brady about Julian Edelman’s connection to Alex Guerrero and TB12:

“I thought it was really interesting. I can’t make up my own mind if I think the question is legitimate or illegitimate,” Greenberg said, committing the cardinal sin of vacillation just two sentences into his take. “I’m not sure if that’s even the right way to describe it. But Alex Guerrero has become such an incredibly significant figure around the Patriots for a variety of reasons, and of them having to do with this. But when you heard Edelman was suspended, and that he was working with Guerrero, it is a connection that was made in certain places. Again, no one is painting a picture of, ‘Clearly Guerrero is funneling these guys PEDs.’ No one is saying that. I don’t think the question necessarily was suggesting that. But there is an inference, I guess. I understand Brady being made upset by it.”

Those are 128 words of nothing. Since Greenberg is unwilling to take an actual stand on the appropriateness of a question in a press conference, it’s not surprising he shied away from offering a concrete opinion on the Astros’ acquisition of Osuna, who just returned from serving an 80-game suspension for domestic violence.

“It’s one thing if you have a player in your own organization who’s involved in a domestic incident like this one and has a suspension and you say, ‘We know him, we believe in him, we’re going to give him a second chance. This is a person who’s been part of what we’ve done,’” Greenberg saidMonday. “It does feel different to go out and acquire someone in that circumstance who is basically a stranger to everyone here. It really does feel like a, ‘Winning is more important than any of these other things.’ I do wonder how you feel if you’re a fan of that team. Again, it was the feel-good story of all of sports, and there is an element of that that I think has gone away here. Do you guys share that perspective on this? I don’t know what exactly to make of this decision by the Astros.”

The hot takes that come from Max Kellerman, Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless are often mockable. But they often manage to go viral, and drive the conversation on certain topics. We spend lots of time on WEEI, for example, reacting to their latest rants.

It’s understandable if Greenberg doesn’t want to go that route. But he’s also not being interesting. He’s just saying … nothing. As a result, “Get Up” is failing on all accounts. It isn’t drawing any ratings, and fails to generate buzz.

That’s not a formula for success in morning TV.

https://weei.radio.com/blogs/alex-r...ike-greenberg-seems-incapable-giving-opinions

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
ESPN is kicking themselves in the ass for laying off my boy Brett Murphy...

Brett McMurphy: ‘We don’t really need these giant media corporations to break news’
"You can stay relevant on Facebook or Twitter if you’ve got good information...people are gonna find you."

ESPNFACEBOOKONLINE OUTLETSBy Sean Keeley on 08/03/2018

As just about anyone in the sports world knows by now, Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer has been placed on paid administrative leave following a bombshell of a report from Brett McMurphy suggesting that Meyer knew about the domestic violence allegations against former Ohio State assistant Zach Smith in 2015. Meyer had previously denied being aware of the incidents that took place in 2015, though admitted he was aware of a previous incident in 2009 and tried to provide help and guidance.

The allegations surrounding the domestic abuse that Courtney Smith suffered is obviously the most important aspect of the story, but from a sports media perspective, the fact that McMurphy was able to break this story almost entirely on his Facebook page has turned the industry on its head. A casualty of the ESPN layoffs almost 18 months ago, McMurphy has been biding his time until his contract runs out by continuing to report on college football via his social media accounts. While he’s broken some big stories along the way, nothing compares to the reporting and effect involved in the Zach Smith story. The story was so important that McMurphy appeared on ESPN’s SportsCenter to discuss it despite the fact that he technically doesn’t work there anymore. The network also took a lot of flak for not jumping on the story, waiting four full hours to post their own version of McMurphy’s report on the 2015 incident.

McMurphy appeared on Richard Deitsch’s Sports Media podcast Thursday to discuss the report and what it all means that he was able to get traction based on something he wrote on his Facebook page.

McMurphy laid the groundwork for those who might not be familiar with him and why he’s currently posting his reporting on a social media site and not, say, another sports site like CBSSports.com or Bleacher Report.

“I was part of the mass layoffs at ESPN last April and I had 18 months left on my contract. So we had non-compete clauses in our contracts. What that means in simple terms is if I wanted to go work for another company I was free to but by doing so ESPN was no longer required to pay me the remainder of my contract. So to get paid the remainder of my contract…I could not work for a third-party. However, I was able to tweet on my personal Twitter account. Also put information on my personal Facebook account because that was not a third party.”

“So when I got laid off, I had a decision to make. You know, I could sit on my couch and eat lime Tostitos for the next 18 months, which I did a lot of anyway, and not work and hope I get a job in 18 months or I can continue to try to report news, break news, via Twitter or Facebook, and try to stay relevant. So when my contract is up in August of 2018, then hopefully I’ll be more attractive to be hired somewhere else. So basically that’s what I did. I said I’m gonna bust my ass and I’m gonna try to keep working.”

“I just figured the way the industry was, if I didn’t stay relevant or try to stay relevant, any value I had to a future employer 18 months ago would diminish greatly if I wasn’t doing anything for the following 18 months. So I kinda worked while I wasn’t working, if you will, and tried to stay relevant, and here we are.”

Aside from being a well-connected and strong reporter, it also didn’t hurt that McMurphy still had the ESPN connection, whether real or perceived.

“I was fortunate enough to break a bunch of stories, most notably Joe Morehead going to Mississippi State, Scott Frost going to Nebraska, which Steve Levy mistakenly credited to “our own Brett McMurphy, for which I probably owe Levy a beer because of all the attention it brought to that.”

Since he is still technically under contact with ESPN, Deitsch asked if Brett considered reaching out to them to see if he might be able to post the story there or with another outlet, like say the Wall Street Journal. McMurphy says that wasn’t even a consideration.

“That didn’t cross my mind because by doing that I’d be telling them what story I had and then that would be a mistake cause then they would pursue it. And secondly, that’s not something that they would get a quick answer out of. I’d have to go through their legal department…Honestly I didn’t really think about it.”

“I didn’t have any thoughts of trying to sell this story to anybody. Certainly, I wasn’t paid. I didn’t pay Courtney Smith to talk to me or anything like that. I just said I’m gonna report this story and see what I can find out. I never would have envisioned it would have reached this point. Ultimately it started out that I heard there were some domestic violence issues with Zach Smith in his times at Florida. I did a couple simple public record requests. Got the information and then it’s been a marble down a mountain since then.”

Instead, McMurphy focused on more important issues, like, if he was going to run out of space on Facebook when he wrote his piece?

“My biggest issue when I started reporting this…well, I never knew it would lead to this, but as I started writing it and I kept going…I actually got the point where I told my wife, I need to Google and find out if Facebook has a limit on how many characters or words you can put on a post. Cause my nightmare was, when I’m ready to go with this story, and I cut and paste it and put in on Facebook, I’d get an error message that your post is too large and then I’d be like ‘what in the world am I going to do now?’ Fortunately I found out that they increased the limit of characters for Facebook posts.”

McMurphy noted that he’s had “100 media requests” since the story broke, noting that he didn’t do the story for that kind of attention, but it’s a testament to the current media landscape that someone can do good reporting independently, post the story to a social media outlet, and still get it out to the masses.

“When I first got to ESPN five years ago I thought, man, I’m at ESPN, this is awesome, it’s unbelievable. Obviously it raised my profile nationally and all that stuff. But what I found out in the last 18 months is you can stay relevant on Facebook or Twitter if you’ve got good information…people are gonna find you. In a weird way, we don’t really need these giant media corporations because we can get our message out. I think you’re seeing this with a lot of athletes that, basically when they have any type of news, they just post it on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, instead of going the traditional route of calling up a writer and having them break the story.”

From a career standpoint, the timing of all this ends up being solid for McMurphy. His ESPN deal officially runs out at Midnight on August 12. On August 13, he officially starts work for online sports network Stadium, with whom he signed a multi-year deal back in April. He will assume the role of college football insider doing written and on-air reports for the fledgling network. McMurphy also noted that while the details are still being worked out, there is the possibility he will be doing sideline reporting or commentary in the booth for college football broadcasts. Stadium will broadcast 15 college football games on Facebook this season.

Brett noted that while most of his writing will appear on Stadium’s site, he will have the opportunity to continue posting reports on his Facebook page if “Stadium doesn’t have a place for it.”

[Sports Media Podcast]

http://awfulannouncing.com/facebook...e-giant-media-corporations-to-break-news.html

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ESPN is kicking themselves in the ass for laying off my boy Brett Murphy...

Brett McMurphy: ‘We don’t really need these giant media corporations to break news’
"You can stay relevant on Facebook or Twitter if you’ve got good information...people are gonna find you."

ESPNFACEBOOKONLINE OUTLETSBy Sean Keeley on 08/03/2018

As just about anyone in the sports world knows by now, Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer has been placed on paid administrative leave following a bombshell of a report from Brett McMurphy suggesting that Meyer knew about the domestic violence allegations against former Ohio State assistant Zach Smith in 2015. Meyer had previously denied being aware of the incidents that took place in 2015, though admitted he was aware of a previous incident in 2009 and tried to provide help and guidance.

The allegations surrounding the domestic abuse that Courtney Smith suffered is obviously the most important aspect of the story, but from a sports media perspective, the fact that McMurphy was able to break this story almost entirely on his Facebook page has turned the industry on its head. A casualty of the ESPN layoffs almost 18 months ago, McMurphy has been biding his time until his contract runs out by continuing to report on college football via his social media accounts. While he’s broken some big stories along the way, nothing compares to the reporting and effect involved in the Zach Smith story. The story was so important that McMurphy appeared on ESPN’s SportsCenter to discuss it despite the fact that he technically doesn’t work there anymore. The network also took a lot of flak for not jumping on the story, waiting four full hours to post their own version of McMurphy’s report on the 2015 incident.

McMurphy appeared on Richard Deitsch’s Sports Media podcast Thursday to discuss the report and what it all means that he was able to get traction based on something he wrote on his Facebook page.

McMurphy laid the groundwork for those who might not be familiar with him and why he’s currently posting his reporting on a social media site and not, say, another sports site like CBSSports.com or Bleacher Report.

“I was part of the mass layoffs at ESPN last April and I had 18 months left on my contract. So we had non-compete clauses in our contracts. What that means in simple terms is if I wanted to go work for another company I was free to but by doing so ESPN was no longer required to pay me the remainder of my contract. So to get paid the remainder of my contract…I could not work for a third-party. However, I was able to tweet on my personal Twitter account. Also put information on my personal Facebook account because that was not a third party.”

“So when I got laid off, I had a decision to make. You know, I could sit on my couch and eat lime Tostitos for the next 18 months, which I did a lot of anyway, and not work and hope I get a job in 18 months or I can continue to try to report news, break news, via Twitter or Facebook, and try to stay relevant. So when my contract is up in August of 2018, then hopefully I’ll be more attractive to be hired somewhere else. So basically that’s what I did. I said I’m gonna bust my ass and I’m gonna try to keep working.”

“I just figured the way the industry was, if I didn’t stay relevant or try to stay relevant, any value I had to a future employer 18 months ago would diminish greatly if I wasn’t doing anything for the following 18 months. So I kinda worked while I wasn’t working, if you will, and tried to stay relevant, and here we are.”

Aside from being a well-connected and strong reporter, it also didn’t hurt that McMurphy still had the ESPN connection, whether real or perceived.

“I was fortunate enough to break a bunch of stories, most notably Joe Morehead going to Mississippi State, Scott Frost going to Nebraska, which Steve Levy mistakenly credited to “our own Brett McMurphy, for which I probably owe Levy a beer because of all the attention it brought to that.”

Since he is still technically under contact with ESPN, Deitsch asked if Brett considered reaching out to them to see if he might be able to post the story there or with another outlet, like say the Wall Street Journal. McMurphy says that wasn’t even a consideration.

“That didn’t cross my mind because by doing that I’d be telling them what story I had and then that would be a mistake cause then they would pursue it. And secondly, that’s not something that they would get a quick answer out of. I’d have to go through their legal department…Honestly I didn’t really think about it.”

“I didn’t have any thoughts of trying to sell this story to anybody. Certainly, I wasn’t paid. I didn’t pay Courtney Smith to talk to me or anything like that. I just said I’m gonna report this story and see what I can find out. I never would have envisioned it would have reached this point. Ultimately it started out that I heard there were some domestic violence issues with Zach Smith in his times at Florida. I did a couple simple public record requests. Got the information and then it’s been a marble down a mountain since then.”

Instead, McMurphy focused on more important issues, like, if he was going to run out of space on Facebook when he wrote his piece?

“My biggest issue when I started reporting this…well, I never knew it would lead to this, but as I started writing it and I kept going…I actually got the point where I told my wife, I need to Google and find out if Facebook has a limit on how many characters or words you can put on a post. Cause my nightmare was, when I’m ready to go with this story, and I cut and paste it and put in on Facebook, I’d get an error message that your post is too large and then I’d be like ‘what in the world am I going to do now?’ Fortunately I found out that they increased the limit of characters for Facebook posts.”

McMurphy noted that he’s had “100 media requests” since the story broke, noting that he didn’t do the story for that kind of attention, but it’s a testament to the current media landscape that someone can do good reporting independently, post the story to a social media outlet, and still get it out to the masses.

“When I first got to ESPN five years ago I thought, man, I’m at ESPN, this is awesome, it’s unbelievable. Obviously it raised my profile nationally and all that stuff. But what I found out in the last 18 months is you can stay relevant on Facebook or Twitter if you’ve got good information…people are gonna find you. In a weird way, we don’t really need these giant media corporations because we can get our message out. I think you’re seeing this with a lot of athletes that, basically when they have any type of news, they just post it on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, instead of going the traditional route of calling up a writer and having them break the story.”

From a career standpoint, the timing of all this ends up being solid for McMurphy. His ESPN deal officially runs out at Midnight on August 12. On August 13, he officially starts work for online sports network Stadium, with whom he signed a multi-year deal back in April. He will assume the role of college football insider doing written and on-air reports for the fledgling network. McMurphy also noted that while the details are still being worked out, there is the possibility he will be doing sideline reporting or commentary in the booth for college football broadcasts. Stadium will broadcast 15 college football games on Facebook this season.

Brett noted that while most of his writing will appear on Stadium’s site, he will have the opportunity to continue posting reports on his Facebook page if “Stadium doesn’t have a place for it.”

[Sports Media Podcast]

http://awfulannouncing.com/facebook...e-giant-media-corporations-to-break-news.html

source.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

COLLEGE FOOTBALL
How ESPN Ended Up Paying Brett McMurphy To Post The Year's Biggest College Football Story On Facebook

Nick Martin

Friday 2:57pm
Filed to: SPORTS MEDIA
uq7gp2x5bvnaeoxdpv6d.jpg

Photo: Rick Scuteri (AP Photo)
Brett McMurphy, who is about as plugged in as any college football reporter can be, was always going to scoop ESPN on the Urban Meyer-Zach Smith story. But that the Worldwide Leader paid him to not publish the scoop on their own website, well, that’s the result of a very particular kind of corporate derangement.

McMurphy published a lengthy, thorough report to his Facebook page on Wednesday, detailing through public records, text messages, photos, and interviews how recently fired Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith abused his wife Courtney, and how Urban Meyer and his wife Shelley were both almost certainly aware the abuse was ongoing. This was in the wake of Meyer publicly denying any existence of a 2015 domestic violence incident between Zach and Courtney. Within hours of McMurphy’s report being published, Meyer was put on paid leave by the Buckeyes, and McMurphy’s phone was exploding.

Outstream Video

00:00
00:00

ad

Zach Smith's Ex-Wife Says Urban Meyer Knew About Abuse Allegations In 2015
Ohio State wide receivers coach Zach Smith was fired by the university after his history of alleged …

Read more
The story was instantly the biggest college football report of the year—it suddenly looked like one of the winningest coaches in the sport knew of repeated instances of domestic abuse and continued to employ the man committing the abuse. ESPN, which recently laid off McMurphy, was four hours late to the story, eventually having to aggregate McMurphy’s scoop on ESPN.com. They had to do this despite the fact that McMurphy is currently receiving a salary from the company.

In April 2017, for reasons you can read about here, the mass layoffs came at ESPN. McMurphy was among the casualties, and the worst part, for him, was that because he still had 18 months on his contract, he assumed that there was no way the company would try to fire him with a year-and-a-half of payments remaining. He was wrong, and ended up among the dozens of reporters and analysts laid off on April 26.

Looking back on it, the layoffs being targeted at reporters with lengthy contracts makes more sense to him, from a cruel business perspective.

“The majority of the people [that were laid off] had long-term deals,” McMurphy said. “The thinking is, ‘Why would they lay off someone when they have that much time left?’ Well, they’re actually diabolical, because what they do is, they lay off all these hard-working, aggressive analysts and reporters and think, ‘They are not going to want to go one, two, three years being out of the game.’ So what happens is, I could take another job after I got laid off at ESPN, but then ESPN would be off the hook for paying me the rest of my contract.”

McMurphy offered to continue doing work for ESPN if they were going to pay him, but they declined—they wanted the reporters to either go away, or get new jobs so they could drop them from the payrolls.

So, McMurphy, realizing the game ESPN was playing, talked to a couple lawyers to see how he could skirt the non-compete and continue his reporting work. They told him that as long as McMurphy didn’t violate the non-compete and produce work for another company or a third-party, which could possibly include a site like Medium, ESPN would be on the hook to pay him his salary every two weeks for the next 18 months. And, unfortunately for ESPN, he didn’t exactly disappear.

“If [ESPN] would have said yes [to letting me keep working for them], they would have had Scott Frost going to Nebraska, [Joe] Moorhead to Mississippi State, and they would’ve had Urban Meyer and what’s going on at Ohio State. But they didn’t allow me to.”

Instead, ESPN let him walk, and while they’ve been depositing checks into McMurphy’s account every two weeks in return for absolutely nothing, he’s completed work that would make any sports media outlet kick itself for missing out on.

McMurphy and I spoke for about an hour on Friday morning. What follows is an edited transcript of our conversation focused on his reporting process throughout the Urban Meyer-Zach Smith story and the status of digital sports media in the age of relentless layoffs.

Okay, I know you’ve probably told this story a million times already, but take me through the process of reporting out this story—the public records requests, the interviews, the writing. How did it come together?

I heard Zach Smith had some domestic violence issues so I did a public records request in Florida and Ohio and found information that hadn’t been reported. I found it out on the Friday before Big Ten Media Days. It’s not like I held this information. It was just coincidence that I had scheduled to go to Big Ten Media Days because I was just trying to go around to the different media days and spring meetings to kind of remind people, “Hey, I’m not dead! I’m still out here.” You can text people a million times but if you don’t see them face-to-face, they’re going to stop responding.” So then Monday I report what happened and Urban denies it the next day.

[...]

At that point, while Urban’s saying, “Who would create that story?” I’m thinking to myself, “Well, I would create it because I’ve got the police report.” If I would have been able to say, “Urban, can you please say this?” that [response] would have been it, because you’re basically saying that you had no knowledge.

Do you think if he no-comments, he gets a similar reaction?

Not as strong, because “No comment” doesn’t mean you don’t know. I think on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being he gets fired, I think what he said was a 74.

Okay, so you’ve got the police report.

At that point, the timeline does not make sense. I was able to track down Courtney Smith, she called me on a friend’s phone and I was at an event and I had to call her back... I talked to her for two-and-a-half hours the first time, we have multiple conversations on the phone. At that point, I said, “I have to talk to you in person, I can’t do this over the phone.” I spent three days in Columbus, Ohio. Not once when I talked to her did she say, “I think this will damage Ohio State, I think this will bring down Urban Meyer.”

Now my initial reporting was centered on Zach Smith and the abuse that ex-wife had suffered, and as I kept talking to her and seeing everything she had, part of the story then became Urban Meyer knew about this. So I told her, you need to present documentation—text, emails, photos, whatever—to prove what you’re telling me is accurate. I believe you, obviously, but you don’t have to convince me, you have to convince everyone else.... In the article, it was, “Here’s all the information.” Then people could decide whether Urban knew about it. I believe he did based on what I found.

On Richard Deitsch’s podcast, you said, aside from the two Media Days interviews, you didn’t go back right before [the story published] to reach out to Meyer.

Right, he was asked the question multiple times on Tuesday, “Did you know about 2015?” And he said no.

But when you talked about Shelley, who sent some of the text messages to Courtney, it seemed like you were more hesitant. Do you wish you would have reached out to Shelley in the reporting process?

You know, again, I’ve seen dozens of text messages between her and Courtney. I guess if I would have reached out to her, she could have said, “No comment,” or, “I never text Courtney,” or “I text her but I never tell Urban.” But again, at that point, I had so much information about it, it wasn’t going to change what was in the story. It could have got her side, but part of me is also like, I’ve been working on this story for three weeks; there’s no way that somebody else is not pursuing the same story. And again, by not contacting Shelley Meyer, it doesn’t change the accuracy of the story, it just would’ve given her the opportunity to give a comment on her behalf. I don’t know, other people can decide. If you ask Ohio State fans, I know their opinion, but I guess other journalists should decide if I should’ve reached out to Shelley and gave her that opportunity. Because I know once I reach out to her, she’s immediately going to Urban.

Did you have an editor you worked with for these pieces?

I had a couple of friends that helped me with this. I can’t identify them—maybe someday I will because I appreciate their help. But they work for other media companies, and obviously their companies would have loved to have this story. But they helped me out, with editing, with vetting, with everything.

[Their assistance] was huge. I’ve known these guys most of my professional career and consider them close friends. And I wanted and told them to challenge it, I said, “If there’s a red flag, tell me.” They made suggestions—it was your basic editing process. But the fact that I was on my own, I didn’t want to come out and put this up and there be all these mistakes and issues. And knowing the severity of the story and the impact it would have, I wanted those guys to help me out.

Why Facebook? Did you think about places like WordPress or Medium (or Kinja!) before landing on Facebook?

Basically, the way ESPN Legal was operating, they made the suggestion that even if I created BrettMcMurphy.com, that would be a third party. So then I’m in breach of my contract. So I already had a Facebook page, I already had Twitter, so they couldn’t say I just created something to report stories. Again, when I first got laid off, I really only had one offer and I made more money not working for ESPN than I did taking this opportunity. There were some other offers but they weren’t realistic, more contributions. When I got laid off, I called every media outlet on the face of the earth. You can name any outlet and I called them.... I talked to everyone I could think of and there was nothing out there. So at that point, I’m thinking I’m going to be digging ditches in 18 months. I had to start finding ways to stay relevant.

The one thing that jumped out, and I guess Deadspin can relate to this, is that I realized you don’t have to be at a behemoth like ESPN to have a voice and have an impact. I realized that I could stay relevant on Twitter and certainly on Facebook. And then this week, I’m going on CNN, headline news, I was on Inside Edition—my wife said, “That show’s still on?”—and then I don’t know how many Twitter followers [I picked up].

You’ve been in the game for 23 years, and maybe you don’t have a million followers, but you’ve got a good following. For reporters that maybe don’t have 100-plus thousand followers or an 18-month severance package, do you think self-publishing on places like Facebook or Wordpress or Medium is actually a sustainable route?

I’m getting paid, I don’t want people thinking I wasn’t getting paid. But I get what you’re saying. I guess the thing is, ultimately, whether you’ve got 20 followers or two million, if you are reporting accurate information or you’re entertaining or people think you’re entertaining—specifically for me, if you’re providing accurate information, providing news that they don’t get anywhere else, people are going to come find you.... If you’ve got the story, people are going to find you, they’re going to respect you, and they’re going to follow you. All these Twitter followers I gained, I’m guessing they’re not Ohio State fans, maybe they are, but are more like, “Oh wow, I didn’t know this.” There’s no secret to it.

When something like this happens, with the layoffs still in the background, was it ever difficult for you to separate the frustrations you had with the company from, not trying to sound cliché, but the good times you had with the folks there?

Especially this week, it’s a lot of mixed feelings. I’m getting requests from Get Up!, Wingo, Finebaum, SportsCenter, Van Pelt, every ESPN radio station on the face of the earth. And I reached out to some friends and was like, “Hey, should I do these ESPN spots?” And a lot of them said no. But then I thought about it and I asked my wife and she said, “Look, they want to put you on, go ahead and go on.” The more I thought about it, the people that are asking me to be on these shows, a lot of them are friends of mine and they were always good to me. None of the people putting me on those had any say in what happened with the layoffs. Their company did, but they didn’t.... I can’t share with you who, but two people in particular sent me text messages. One, who wasn’t sure of my situation, said “Hey, I’m not sure what your situation is financially, but if I can help you with financing in your reporting, please let me know.” This is an on-air talent. I was blown away. The other was another ESPN TV personality, I wrote down their direct quote: “Your revenge story, which is what I call it, is the best F-U on the planet.”

The good news for McMurphy is that once his ESPN contract expires, he won’t be digging ditches.

In December 2017, Steve Levy credited McMurphy on-air during a bowl game for breaking the Scott Frost to Nebraska story. Levy, who McMurphy says is one of the nicest people at ESPN, accidentally said “our own Brett McMurphy,” on the telecast, when in fact McMurphy had been technically unemployed for several months. (Levy later messaged McMurphy apologizing for the slip-up.)

But the mention turned out to come at the perfect moment. That same night, a higher up at Stadium, a sports media outlet that focuses on video, happened to be watching a game on ESPN. Looking to move into the reporting arena, the Stadium employee emailed McMurphy that same night, asking what he was up to. In no time, McMurphy lined up a multi-year contract with them, joining college basketball reporter Jeff Goodman and NBA scoop god Shams Charania as future on-air personalities.

“I won’t be writing as much,” McMurphy said. “It’s funny, I was hired at ESPN to be a TV reporter. Ed Placey said, ‘We want you to be a TV college football reporter.’ And I told him I had no television experience. But then people thought I worked for ESPN.com, because ESPN rarely put me on TV.... As far as the writing element, [Stadium is] trying to figure out the best way to do that, bringing Jeff Goodman and I on. Shams is going to be coming to Stadium also—he’s going to do video for Stadium and write for The Athletic.”

At Stadium, McMurphy will have the option of doing standard news reports, sideline reporting, and even booth work for Conference USA and Mountain West games. And the beauty of it is, new options aside, he’ll be paid by ESPN up to the day before he starts with Stadium—his ESPN contract runs out Aug. 12; he starts with Stadium Aug. 13.

Before that, after he’s done doing the radio rounds, he plans on going to an unnamed beach in Florida and enjoying the final days of his “unemployment.”

After all, it’s all on ESPN’s dime.

thundercat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't rock with ESPN at all unless it's a sporting event. Even PTI doesn't have the same energy. I'm really into what FS1 is doing now...especially Shannon Sharpe's show.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't rock with ESPN at all unless it's a sporting event. Even PTI doesn't have the same energy. I'm really into what FS1 is doing now...especially Shannon Sharpe's show.

I can't get into those show on the regular...

I can barely suffer Will Cain

but a daily dose of Cowherd and Whitlock...not gonna be able to do.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
New ESPN Weekday Afternoon Lineup To Debut September 11
1ec4e5b443e9570dae3a45856831064c

By Josh Krulewitz @jksports

Posted on August 9, 2018

RS590883_20180608_AK2_3388-e1533829724164-660x400.jpg

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-...ekday-afternoon-lineup-to-debut-september-11/

Hour-long SportsCenter Added at Noon ET; HIGH NOON Moves to 4 p.m.

Beginning September 11, ESPN will showcase a new afternoon programming schedule designed to enhance and evolve the total-day presentation. The changes will include the addition of a live SportsCenter from noon to 1 p.m. ET and HIGH NOON shifting to a 30-minute format at 4 p.m. As a result of the modifications, the last edition of SportsNation (which previously aired at 4 p.m.) will be Friday, Aug. 24.

ESPN host Cari Champion will return to SportsCenter, co-anchoring the noon ET “Coast to Coast” edition from Los Angeles, along with Bristol, Conn.-based anchor David Lloyd. LZ Granderson, who worked on SportsNation with Champion, will continue to co-host a weekday radio program for ESPNLA 710 and contribute to other ESPN shows.

HIGH NOON, presented from ESPN’s New York Seaport District Studios, features commentary from co-hosts Bomani Jones and Pablo Torre.

Specifically during the football season, ESPN’s Monday schedule will include an expanded 90-minute SportsCenter leading into additional NFL-focused studio shows and commentary programs.

“We really like what we have with Bomani, Pablo, and HIGH NOON,” said Norby Williamson, ESPN Executive Vice President, Production and Executive Editor. “This move will provide a better time slot for HIGH NOON, grouping shows of similar genre in a strong, two-hour block.

“Additionally, SportsCenter is healthy and thriving. We are excited to return this successful franchise into the noon window.”

Burke Magnus, ESPN Executive Vice President, Programming and Scheduling, added, “Our research suggests that from a total day perspective, these changes will best serve sports fans and optimize the ESPN schedule.”

Regarding SportsNation, Williamson shared, “SportsNation has been a staple of our afternoon lineup for years and while we felt it was time for a change, the collection of talented, creative people and content associated with that show has been extremely impressive and groundbreaking in many ways.”

While some of the changes will take place in pockets prior to September 11, due to various live event commitments, the full new weekday schedule won’t debut until September 11.

The ESPN weekday schedule (as of September 11) follows:

Time (ET) Show
Noon-1 p.m. SportsCenter: Coast to Coast
1-1:30 p.m. Outside the Lines
1:30-3 p.m. NFL Live
3-4 p.m. The Jump
4-4:30 p.m. HIGH NOON
4:30-5 p.m. Highly Questionable
5-5:30 p.m. Around the Horn
5:30-6 p.m. PTI
6-7 p.m. SportsCenter

During football season only, the typical Monday ESPN schedule will be:

Time (ET) Show
Noon-1:30 p.m. SportsCenter
1:30-2:30 p.m. NFL Primetime
2:30-4 p.m. NFL Live
4-4:30 p.m. HIGH NOON
4:30-5 p.m. Highly Questionable
5-5:30 p.m. Around the Horn
5:30-6 p.m. PTI
6-8 p.m. Monday Night Countdown

:idea:

https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/t...ternoon-lineup-to-debut-september-11.1013949/

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@fonzerrillii

I swear ESPN got the greatest employee vacation package in the universe...

Beadle looks refreshed as hell!

And this show STILL aint hitting on all cylinders.

Hopefully the baseball playoffs NFL and NBA and NHL mix will get this thing going.

sidebar...

You would think all the OTHER sports networks would have redoubled their efforts to take ESPN spot while almost ALL of its major talent is on vacation!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They minus whale just admit this was a mistake and get out of it while they can.

I really don;t know what they could do SAVE it at this point especially after all the restructuring.

Cutting High Noon in half is a BIG mistake

the Stephen A Smith simulcast is a really cheap stop gap but a waste.

LeBatard was much better.

and why in the hell hasn't ESPN open up the wallet and get some hip hop stars to have a daily or weekly sports show.

Kinda like a Everyday Struggle meets PTI?

(why did I just give out that wonderful idea for free? I know damn well bgol networks is about to premier soon!)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@HNIC @fonzerrillii

just WOW

Michelle Beadle’s football boycott shows ‘Get Up!’ botched from the start

(also this is the type of stuff that would make a GREAT bgol networks podcast topic., I think I could contribute in that way by trying to find discussion points and getting the right people to discuss)

ESPN’s ill-conceived morning program, “Get Up!,” is being given a second chance this fall. The thought is to infuse the program with ESPN’s old, reliable football in hopes of hooking viewers. On Thursday, one of its main hosts, Michelle Beadle, said she won’t be watching football, college or the NFL.

OK then.

Beadle’s reasoning, in light of the Urban Meyer decision and press conference, was passionate and well-reasoned; she called Meyer a “liar,” and said football has “marginalized women.”

“I’m just ready for NBA to kick off,” Beadle said.

Beadle’s stance is apparently not a new one, as she said she didn’t watch football last fall. That’s her right and could work in some roles, like as the lead host of NBA coverage.

Why ex-president John Skipper didn’t take this into consideration when putting Beadle on the show is another mystery of Skipper’s disappointing tenure.

If you are a panelist on a sports talk show that is pivoting fully to football — “Get Up!” announced its college and NFL analysts Wednesday — it is hard to see how you can be a regular part of the conversation. At a reported $5 million a year, Beadle maybe doesn’t care.

ESPN executives hope “Get Up!” can be saved and are standing behind it for now. They want to tighten the production and feature more insiders so the hosts, Mike Greenberg, Beadle and Jalen Rose, can stay away from areas where they lack expertise. It is sort of a SportsCenter-zation of the program. “Get Up!” replaced “SportsCenter” on ESPN in April.

People who work on the show believe the football season will bring higher ratings, giving the show a do-over of sorts.

It's impossible to spin ESPN's 'Get Up!' ratings
The three-hour program, in theory, is supposed to be built on chemistry, but Greenberg did not know Beadle or Rose well when it began in April. The idea that Beadle and Greenberg wouldn’t mesh was easier to see than a 3-0 fastball.

Greenberg is making $6.5 million, according to The Hollywood Reporter, but besides their nice salaries, they are not very much alike. Greenberg is a perfectly nice, non-offensive sportscaster, while Beadle is a bit more rebellious and free-wheeling, as evidenced by her no-football stance. Watching them, it is unclear if either really wants to be sitting next to the other.

Meanwhile, Rose, making $3 million, according to The Hollywood Reporter, seems to talk into every break and over others, like they do on TNT’s “Inside The NBA.” Unlike when Charles Barkley and crew do it, it is too much. Rose has carved himself a nice career, even if his opinions aren’t must-listens.

The show has cut down on the byplay among the three and focused, SportsCenter-esque, on having each conduct one-on-one interviews with guests. Their coverage of the Meyer situation on Thursday was pretty good, as it was focused with Greenberg piloting most of it. The hosts need to prove their value.

Modal Trigger
John SkipperDrew Angerer
This summer, there has been a recurring theme as the trio has taken vacations. Nearly every fill-in, from Ryen Russillo to Taylor Twellman to Maria Taylor to Mina Kimes, has been more enthusiastic and more compelling than the person he or she replaced. The show had a little more energy and was a bit more engaging.

This brings us to the fundamental flaw in how Skipper & company began “Get Up!” Besides making the three-hour show an hour too long, what they should’ve done from the start is tried it out on ESPN2 — out of the main spotlight and for less money.

Maybe a crew of Twellman, Taylor and Kimes could have been on the Deuce for a year to find out how to make the program work. Instead of telling an audience to come watch it, viewers could have found it. It would have been cheaper and likely better.

Then, after the show got going, they could have switched it to ESPN and pushed “SportsCenter” to ESPN2. This should have come up in one of the brainstorming meetings.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/michelle-beadles-football-boycott-shows-get-up-botched-from-the-start/

Now, Greenberg, Beadle and Rose are getting another shot to make it work before the program could be ripped to shreds. It is football season — a new start for the show, but with a new problem.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
@HNIC @fonzerrillii

just WOW

Michelle Beadle’s football boycott shows ‘Get Up!’ botched from the start

(also this is the type of stuff that would make a GREAT bgol networks podcast topic., I think I could contribute in that way by trying to find discussion points and getting the right people to discuss)

ESPN’s ill-conceived morning program, “Get Up!,” is being given a second chance this fall. The thought is to infuse the program with ESPN’s old, reliable football in hopes of hooking viewers. On Thursday, one of its main hosts, Michelle Beadle, said she won’t be watching football, college or the NFL.

OK then.

Beadle’s reasoning, in light of the Urban Meyer decision and press conference, was passionate and well-reasoned; she called Meyer a “liar,” and said football has “marginalized women.”

“I’m just ready for NBA to kick off,” Beadle said.

Beadle’s stance is apparently not a new one, as she said she didn’t watch football last fall. That’s her right and could work in some roles, like as the lead host of NBA coverage.

Why ex-president John Skipper didn’t take this into consideration when putting Beadle on the show is another mystery of Skipper’s disappointing tenure.

If you are a panelist on a sports talk show that is pivoting fully to football — “Get Up!” announced its college and NFL analysts Wednesday — it is hard to see how you can be a regular part of the conversation. At a reported $5 million a year, Beadle maybe doesn’t care.

ESPN executives hope “Get Up!” can be saved and are standing behind it for now. They want to tighten the production and feature more insiders so the hosts, Mike Greenberg, Beadle and Jalen Rose, can stay away from areas where they lack expertise. It is sort of a SportsCenter-zation of the program. “Get Up!” replaced “SportsCenter” on ESPN in April.

People who work on the show believe the football season will bring higher ratings, giving the show a do-over of sorts.

It's impossible to spin ESPN's 'Get Up!' ratings
The three-hour program, in theory, is supposed to be built on chemistry, but Greenberg did not know Beadle or Rose well when it began in April. The idea that Beadle and Greenberg wouldn’t mesh was easier to see than a 3-0 fastball.

Greenberg is making $6.5 million, according to The Hollywood Reporter, but besides their nice salaries, they are not very much alike. Greenberg is a perfectly nice, non-offensive sportscaster, while Beadle is a bit more rebellious and free-wheeling, as evidenced by her no-football stance. Watching them, it is unclear if either really wants to be sitting next to the other.

Meanwhile, Rose, making $3 million, according to The Hollywood Reporter, seems to talk into every break and over others, like they do on TNT’s “Inside The NBA.” Unlike when Charles Barkley and crew do it, it is too much. Rose has carved himself a nice career, even if his opinions aren’t must-listens.

The show has cut down on the byplay among the three and focused, SportsCenter-esque, on having each conduct one-on-one interviews with guests. Their coverage of the Meyer situation on Thursday was pretty good, as it was focused with Greenberg piloting most of it. The hosts need to prove their value.

Modal Trigger
John SkipperDrew Angerer
This summer, there has been a recurring theme as the trio has taken vacations. Nearly every fill-in, from Ryen Russillo to Taylor Twellman to Maria Taylor to Mina Kimes, has been more enthusiastic and more compelling than the person he or she replaced. The show had a little more energy and was a bit more engaging.

This brings us to the fundamental flaw in how Skipper & company began “Get Up!” Besides making the three-hour show an hour too long, what they should’ve done from the start is tried it out on ESPN2 — out of the main spotlight and for less money.

Maybe a crew of Twellman, Taylor and Kimes could have been on the Deuce for a year to find out how to make the program work. Instead of telling an audience to come watch it, viewers could have found it. It would have been cheaper and likely better.

Then, after the show got going, they could have switched it to ESPN and pushed “SportsCenter” to ESPN2. This should have come up in one of the brainstorming meetings.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/michelle-beadles-football-boycott-shows-get-up-botched-from-the-start/

Now, Greenberg, Beadle and Rose are getting another shot to make it work before the program could be ripped to shreds. It is football season — a new start for the show, but with a new problem.
I heard her say this morning she wasn't going to watch football and I was thinking "This has to be the dumbest shit I ever heard in my life". I wonder if there will be any repercussions.

HNIC

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I heard her say this morning she wasn't going to watch football and I was thinking "This has to be the dumbest shit I ever heard in my life". I wonder if there will be any repercussions.

HNIC

didn't the NEW big boss just tell ALL his on air staff...

STICK to SPORTS?

so ummmm

what you gonna do with Beadle?

cause if she aint talking politics OR sports...

wtf is she there for?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ESPN turns to football experts for ‘Get Up!’ boost

ESPN’s morning talk show “Get Up!” will add football analysts during the fall season — and a majority of them have a New York connection.

The network is expected to announce Wednesday that former Jets coach Rex Ryan and former Giants receiver Victor Cruz will join Mike Greenberg, Michelle Beadle and Jalen Rose on Mondays. After Ryan Clark on Tuesdays, ex-Jets lineman Damien Woody will be a part of the program on Wednesdays. Thursdays will belong to Adam Schefter, while Fridays will be Louis Riddick’s.

On the college side, former UConn quarterback Dan Orlovsky will be on Mondays, while former Giants quarterback Jesse Palmer will be the fourth man in on Tuesdays. On Fridays, ex-Jet Jonathan Vilma will join the three-hour show. In the middle of the week, it will be college football talk show host Paul Finebaum on Wednesdays and Marcus Spears on Thursdays.

Since the beginning of the show, the network has planned to add a fourth, football-focused analyst. In its infancy, producers had talked about using Booger McFarland in the role. McFarland was on the first week of the program in the spring. McFarland has since joined the “Monday Night Football” booth.

Despite all the attention — much of it negative — ESPN believes that the football season should produce higher ratings as the program evolves.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Whatever it is, it hasn’t worked.

On most days, “Get Up!” doesn’t even reach 300,000 viewers, which drags down the potential audience of the rest of ESPN’s day lineup.

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
saw her rant this morning live. I appreciate her honesty and share some of her sentiments but I am in finance.

not sure how she can do her job while not following 2 of the biggest sports in america.

its gotta be great to be a white man in america and not be personally impacted by these issues.

jalen and Michelle have gone on personal tangents while Greenie (who I think is a good dude) has been able to stay above the fray

if the new exec at espn wants no political talk he gonna have to hire all greenies. no strong opinions, white, male, middle aged

that will make for great TV in 2018

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Michelle Beadle to leave 'Get Up' this month, last show will be on Aug. 29
Stupid Bitch done fucked up her job. How you going to do sports and refuse to do College and Pro football.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/espns-mi...llege-football-leave-get-month-235111017.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...t-up-nba-countdown-returning-to-la/111259542/

tumblr_mkw9gmsM5U1rdpz56o1_500.gif

All she had to do was to watch some sports, she doesn't understand there are hungry people out there ready to take her job. They'd watch football if she won't. Another example of "when keepin' it real goes wrong."

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Stupid Bitch done fucked up her job. How you going to do sports and refuse to do College and Pro football.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/espns-mi...llege-football-leave-get-month-235111017.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...t-up-nba-countdown-returning-to-la/111259542/

I was just coming to post this....

Also just saw that Jamele Hill is leaving ESPN in September. They are buying her out. She won’t be unemployed for long. ESPN royally fucked this up.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I really don;t know what they could do SAVE it at this point especially after all the restructuring.

Cutting High Noon in half is a BIG mistake

the Stephen A Smith simulcast is a really cheap stop gap but a waste.

LeBatard was much better.

and why in the hell hasn't ESPN open up the wallet and get some hip hop stars to have a daily or weekly sports show.

Kinda like a Everyday Struggle meets PTI?

(why did I just give out that wonderful idea for free? I know damn well bgol networks is about to premier soon!)

Gawd damn that is an Amazimg idea...

Sort of like “The Best Damn Sports Show Period”

Man I miss that show.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
ESPN turns to football experts for ‘Get Up!’ boost

ESPN’s morning talk show “Get Up!” will add football analysts during the fall season — and a majority of them have a New York connection.

The network is expected to announce Wednesday that former Jets coach Rex Ryan and former Giants receiver Victor Cruz will join Mike Greenberg, Michelle Beadle and Jalen Rose on Mondays. After Ryan Clark on Tuesdays, ex-Jets lineman Damien Woody will be a part of the program on Wednesdays. Thursdays will belong to Adam Schefter, while Fridays will be Louis Riddick’s.

On the college side, former UConn quarterback Dan Orlovsky will be on Mondays, while former Giants quarterback Jesse Palmer will be the fourth man in on Tuesdays. On Fridays, ex-Jet Jonathan Vilma will join the three-hour show. In the middle of the week, it will be college football talk show host Paul Finebaum on Wednesdays and Marcus Spears on Thursdays.

Since the beginning of the show, the network has planned to add a fourth, football-focused analyst. In its infancy, producers had talked about using Booger McFarland in the role. McFarland was on the first week of the program in the spring. McFarland has since joined the “Monday Night Football” booth.

Despite all the attention — much of it negative — ESPN believes that the football season should produce higher ratings as the program evolves.

This is not going to Work....

What happens when Baseball get into its groove and Basketball starts... will they have 5 hosts there.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I knew it was over when she took that super long extended vacay...

It was obvious they were auditioning replacements

Better not be another white girl...

Beadle wrong fir this one they brought her BACK when she ran to NBC and gave her prime spots all the time Sportsnation was her's. But then Cari took jacked it perfectly

Sad to see it go just when it got rejuvenated

She got a prime NBA spot then that huge contract for get up

She got millions for like less than 6 months work.

Where she gonna go?

Her head would explode on Fox.

I guess NBC?

It's not like she is horrible, but she needs a specific lane.

So she "stuck".

But with that guaranteed contract?

She gets not one bit of sympathy.

And like I said I respect her intent.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is not going to Work....

What happens when Baseball get into its groove and Basketball starts... will they have 5 hosts there.

Funny thing...

2 main hosts one pro one media rotating guest hosts going over the news from the night before, Funny easily accessible with a heavy social media input...

Ain't that a show called Mike & Mike?

Greeney?

Just go back home

Trust me wingo won't mind.

Give Mike jr. Jalen mina kimes and either Cari or that other smart fine sister.

New revamped 2 hour sports center.

Done.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I was just coming to post this....

Also just saw that Jamele Hill is leaving ESPN in September. They are buying her out. She won’t be unemployed for long. ESPN royally fucked this up.

Jemele is going to haunt them like that ex you know would have done anything for you...

who you did wrong

messing with that empty headed long haired redbone who missed up your credit.

And now she got 2 degrees, flat stomach phat ass, sucks sick like performance art, knows sports and is making 6 figures and got a hook up who gets her football and basketball tickets and a bff who works for marvel/DC.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All she had to do was to watch some sports, she doesn't understand there are hungry people out there ready to take her job. They'd watch football if she won't. Another example of "when keepin' it real goes wrong."

I KNOW she thought she was making some huge statement for women.

But ummmm not so much.

Many women see her essentially as an entitled white man.

When she went at floyd for NOT inviting her to the fight? Even women were confused, since she hates him for good reason. Beadle made fun and criticized him every chance she got.

But you gotta be able to do your job the right way.

If you cut off floyd?

Then you have to cut off the Redskins for the name and the sexual abuse rumors with the cheerleaders

And the cowboys for Zeke, hardy and Jerry's anthem stance.

Mark Cuban and the sexual assault allegations on the Mavs.

Racist tweets and women abuse in baseball

I could on....

You gonna pick and choose who you cover?

Do a podcast.

Cause espn is supposedly a NEWS ORGANIZATION.