Sports Debate: What is the most difficult position to play in Pro Sports?

What is the most difficult position to play in Pro Team Sports?

• NFL Quarterback

Votes: 100 68.5%
  • NHL Goalie

Votes: 16 11.0%
  • NBA Point Guard

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • FIFA Goal Keeper

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • MLB Shortstop

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • MLB Pitcher

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • MLB Catcher

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • NFL Defensive Back

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What is the most difficult position to play in Pro Team Sports?

NFL Quarterback

NHL Hockey Goalie

NBA Point Guard

FIFA Goal Keeper

MLB Shortstop

MLB Pitcher

MLB Catcher

We talking the most pressure, the most skill, the most difficult mentally, most difficult physically and most difficult to master and/or dominate?

*No Rugby, Cricket, Lacrosse, etc. cause I would leave that to the BGOL Sports Forum's experts:D

Also NFL Special teams, Designated Hitter, Relief pitching, etc. is too specific.

bigred22

Star
Registered
Quarterback. Has to read a defense coverage and at the same time has to watch out for 7 men up front trying to murder him, has to watch for a minimum of 4 receivers (2 to 3 WR and 1 to 2 TE) and make a decision all within 4 seconds tops. And if he fucks up it's lights out:itsawrap:

falsestart14

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
Catcher easily...you got pitches coming at you at more than 90+ mph and not to mention the fact that you have to catch for multiple pitchers who can throw curve balls, off-speed pitches, change-ups, etc... Not to mention you're squatting down for about 70% of the game.

H.A.N

Banned
That puck ain't no joke. Many of us have never been on the ice. Hockey is a beautiful but tough game. Great exercise

Pleasantries

54614_Lightning_Red_Wings_Hockey.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I thought the Hockey and FIFA goalies would get much more respect,

a hockey puck to the mask can KILL YOU...

and a missed goal..

Brazil vs. Italy...

you could get KILLED

:itsawrap:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Quarterback. Has to read a defense coverage and at the same time has to watch out for 7 men up front trying to murder him, has to watch for a minimum of 4 receivers (2 to 3 WR and 1 to 2 TE) and make a decision all within 4 seconds tops. And if he fucks up it's lights out:itsawrap:

Catcher easily...you got pitches coming at you at more than 90+ mph and not to mention the fact that you have to catch for multiple pitchers who can throw curve balls, off-speed pitches, change-ups, etc... Not to mention you're squatting down for about 70% of the game.

good arguments....

but when i see that QB stat line...

HIT 25 times .... Hurried 18 times....Sacked 4 times

that dam catcher all padded up on his knees catching balls....ehhhh

dont compare....:rolleyes:

bigred22

Star
Registered
good arguments....

but when i see that QB stat line...

HIT 25 times .... Hurried 18 times....Sacked 4 times

that dam catcher all padded up on his knees catching balls....ehhhh

dont compare....:rolleyes:
Yeah, at catcher got 1 dangerous ball coming at him, try having 7 ford hybrids coming at you :lol:

Last edited:

Profit

Rising Star
Registered
Great sports topic bro. Gotta go with QB though.

Making the correct read with only 4 secs tops before you are pummeled has gotta be a tough task

Punch

Rising Star
Registered
Deion Sanders played cover corner in the NFL and hit 1 player in a like 15 years:cool:

luv me some Prime though, dont get it twisted...

:lol:I aint getting it twisted! Deion is in the HOF too aint he...outside of Mel Blount who was 6'2 1/2 list all and every hard hitting corner in the HOF...dont google...Ill wait, a great corner can play any professional sport...

and salaries tell alot too..but back on the topic

Corner

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Quarterback all day. Not only does he have all the physical pressure on him, but he's the de facto leader of the team. When the team fails everyone looks at him. That's some real pressure right there!

Punch

Rising Star
Registered
Quarterback all day. Not only does he have all the physical pressure on him, but he's the de facto leader of the team. When the team fails everyone looks at him. That's some real pressure right there!

as much as I want to agree with the pressure part, the diffculty is what is questioned, when a QB is truly dynamic like Cam thats special, however Quarterbacks can be not only protected and insulated if there is enough talent and defense around them, you can even win championships on high levels with them hardly doing shit if there is enough studs around them, but that Corner is gonna get exposed EVERY single time if he aint that deal.

Trent Dilfer - Superbowl Champion

Greg McElroy and AJ McCarron - NCAA Champs

H.A.N

Banned
I thought the Hockey and FIFA goalies would get much more respect,

a hockey puck to the mask can KILL YOU...

and a missed goal..

Brazil vs. Italy...

you could get KILLED

:itsawrap:

It would in a normal setting. I remember a few years back a puck flew over the boards into the stands at some NHL game and killed a person.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
QB easily

Nobody brought up the fact that the entire defense and most of a coaching staff are designed and spend hours preparing, focusing and game planning for a QB more so than anyone else.

A baseball manager doesn't put in hours designing a game plan for a catcher.

Anthony-Cruz

Star
Registered

Was gonna say exactly this. Next, it's an NHL Goalie.

A puck being shot at you anywhere from 80-100 MPH.

That was a 105 MPH shot.

Would you want to be in front of that? :smh::smh::smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It would in a normal setting. I remember a few years back a puck flew over the boards into the stands at some NHL game and killed a person.

my point I think I could have made a spin0-off of TOUGHEST POSITION to play like offensive line, rugby, mma, boxing, lacrosse...

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

yeah a corner asked to play true man coverage you are all alone out there and at a disadvantage because you are back peddling and you are covering someone running act you

I would say soccer goalies are right at the top of this list as well

r3d DaWn

Star
Registered
People here are going to say NFL QB, but that isn't so, many a sorry ass "athlete's" have won SB's with great defense's and running games. Simply put, an NHL goalie. They wear around 25 pounds of gear, have to stop a small rubber puck flying at them at crazy speeds, usually come playoff time, they are the only reason you win or lose, and they have to have reflexes of a fucking cat! Not to name the trophy they fight for is older then anything we American's know about. Not that crazy about hockey, but come playoff's, that shit goes up 11 levels, and Goalies have it hard!

Anthony-Cruz

Star
Registered
People here are going to say NFL QB, but that isn't too, many a sorry ass "athlete's" have won SB's with great defense's and running games. Simply put, an NHL goalie. They were around 25 pounds of gear, have to stop a small rubber puck flying at them at crazy speeds, usually come playoff time, they are the only reason you win or lose, and they have to have reflexes of a fucking cat! Not to name the trophy they fight for is older then anything we American's know about. Not that crazy about hockey, but come playoff's, that shit goes up 11 levels, and Goalies have it hard!

Ha, not to mention, they lose about 5-10 (water weight but still) pounds a game with the amount they sweat in that gear.

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
Registered
Corner, the guy you're defending is just as fast but he's bigger & stronger & already knows where he's going , you have 5 yards to touch him which roughly translates to 1second... The amended rules over the years have made this position nearly impossible to play, in a game built on physical domination playing corner is like a middle school dance "no touching"... Smh

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
QB has to know & do so much under a few seconds...the offense runs through him

his window of opportunity is so small I always thought that was the most difficult position

& he is automatically thrown into the leadership role whether he likes it or not...

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor

This^^^

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
Registered
QB has to know & do so much under a few seconds...the offense runs through him

his window of opportunity is so small I always thought that was the most difficult position

& he is automatically thrown into the leadership role whether he likes it or not...

But can we agree that he has the support of the entire team & coaching staff & adjustments are made on everyone's part to compensate for his weaknesses or anything that makes him uncomfortable...

This is a great debate with great responses so far, props to the Original poster

r3d DaWn

Star
Registered
WTF? Catcher? How the fuck do those over weight idiots have it so difficult, as all they fucking do is squat on their fat ass and catch? That's not fucking pressure, in that case the pressure is MORE on the pitcher to put the ball in the right spot! the fuck!!

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Corner, the guy you're defending is just as fast but he's bigger & stronger & already knows where he's going , you have 5 yards to touch him which roughly translates to 1second... The amended rules over the years have made this position nearly impossible to play, in a game built on physical domination playing corner is like a middle school dance "no touching"... Smh

:yes:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
between QB and catcher

catchers usually become captains, they have to KNOW every pitcher in the bull pen and what they throw. Catchers signal the pitches and sometimes select them, they also signal different defensive placement for infielders, depending on the play their defensive assignments change, they also have to pick off base stealers.

QBs... run the offense, shit they have to know the playbook better than the coaches- they have 5 seconds to read a defense and change the protection package or audible, and less than 3 seconds to adjust after the snap sometimes...

honorable mention... Linebacker - their jobs change according to the package called... and changes further in reaction to what the full back, tight end, or receivers do at or before the snap behind the line of scrimmage- like ending a pass rush if a screen is developing or dropping into coverage if the RB is in motion/ pass rush if the RB is in protection, etc...