Southwest announcer from yard puts Jamai-coon in her place

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
There are coons all over the diaspora. Coons in the U.S., coons in the West Indies, coons in central and South America, coons in sub-saharan Africa, and coons in Europe. Slavery, colonialism, and racial exploitation really did a number on us all collectively.

Last edited:

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
There are coons all over the diaspora. Coons in the U.S., coons in the West Indies, coons in sub-saharan Africa, and coons in Europe. Slavery, colonialism, and racial exploitation really did a number on us all collectively.
This their minds have been colonized. :smh:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There are coons all over the diaspora. Coons in the U.S., coons in the West Indies, coons in central and South America, coons in sub-saharan Africa, and coons in Europe. Slavery, colonialism, and racial exploitation really did a number on us all collectively.

Your so right!! Worldwide we need to completely change our thought process!!

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't see a problem with asking him to slow it down and prounce thing better....

alright shabba cutty fuck around and lose ya gig being funny.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all must not fly Southwest, sometimes they like to have fun when they're boarding and announcers will talk in all sorts of accents. Sounds like maybe they were boarding a flight to Jamaica and my mans wanted throw some patios for fun

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
:smh::dunno: mothafucka sound like he had a mouf' full of marbles!

It's not the patois it's his lazy don't give a fuck delivery!

I know plenty of Jamaicans and folks from all over the Caribbean that speak clear English at their job even with patois accent, but catch them when they're off work or with their family and they deep off with patois, most yankee and foreigners can't keep up.

He is not in the right profession to be lazy with it, but it is Southwest. :smh:

Sorry for anyone butt hurt at my opinion, but if you butt hurt about it, that tells me you CLEARLY understood what I'm trying to sayo_O

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all must not fly Southwest, sometimes they like to have fun when they're boarding and announcers will talk in all sorts of accents. Sounds like maybe they were boarding a flight to Jamaica and my mans wanted throw some patios for fun
More understandable if that's the case.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
I swear, Jamaicans produce some of the biggest coons....SMFH.

Big up, I don't see the problem here.

Your so right!! Worldwide we need to completely change our thought process!!

The woman is right... I am Jamaican but hate this bullshit.

He is working in a country when English is the main language so speak in a manner where you can get the important message across... I do understand that the flight is to Jamaica so many Jamaicans who are travelling will understand patios but there will be others who don't.... Flight information is extremely important so speak so all can understand.

Last edited:

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
I don't see a problem with asking him to slow it down and prounce thing better....

alright shabba cutty fuck around and lose ya gig being funny.

"prounce" you say? Tell me more about that......

images

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Ever since I first saw this video I have been trying to find out which airport it was....if its Mia or Lauderdale and the flight is going to Kingston, then the flight is probably nothing but Jamaicans....it is still risky though as there may have been one or 2 tourists even on those flights

Not gonna call the woman self hating based of this one incident as there is wisdom in her perspective

noriega

Rising Star
Registered
That shit would of had me lit if it is indeed leaving from the US going to kingston. . Feel like I'm already at my destination from the gate!! That's what I'm talking about!!! All the information he was given is standard shit... Board when your zone is called... One carry on one personal item... Come on now lady... I like how he dismissed her ass!!

Now on the flip side of that coin..... Southwest isn't bashful with giving out free vouchers if you complain about your experience with them... So if she does have a gripe...her next vacation may be already paid for

Reactions: 305

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
If the flight is 100% yardies/islanders, i don’t really have an issue with this, but that’s unlikely. If you’ve got some Americans in the mix, they might not be fully understanding everything you’re saying. You can tell the brother is intelligent and can easily switch it up at any time to suit his audience if he needs too.

If she had an issue, the woman should have just spoken with him one on one after his announcement. Her point might have very well been the one I just made above.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ever since I first saw this video I have been trying to find out which airport it was....if its Mia or Lauderdale and the flight is going to Kingston, then the flight is probably nothing but Jamaicans....it is still risky though as there may have been one or 2 tourists even on those flights

Not gonna call the woman self hating based of this one incident as there is wisdom in her perspective

Southwest flies non stop to Jamaica from 6 US cities.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just read the caption from her video.. the flight was from Orlando to Montego Bay, so you know it was loaded with tourists.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
If the flight is 100% yardies/islanders, i don’t really have an issue with this, but that’s unlikely. If you’ve got some Americans in the mix, they might not be fully understanding everything you’re saying. You can tell the brother is intelligent and can easily switch it up at any time to suit his audience if he needs too.

If she had an issue, the woman should have just spoken with him one on one after his announcement. Her point might have very well been the one I just made above.
Yeah it’s a Southwest flight. From where I dunno. But speaking patois doesn’t make someone MORE Jamaican, and what she said doesn’t make her a coon. But I see who called her that in this thread and it’s typical

TREES

O.G.
BGOL Investor
Southwest Airlines employees always Infuse comedy when they're on the mic. She definitely was uptight.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Southwest Airlines employees always Infuse comedy when they're on the mic. She definitely was uptight.

no doubt I was just about to write something like that..... I can kind of see both sides here... seems like they were headed to jamaica and he just wanted to have a lil fun gettin everyone in the island mood..

not sure, what she said or how she said it... and THAT goes a long way in solving or igniting disputes....

but he was offended at whatever she said..

so while I can see her side as well... wanted to make sure her shit is correct before she boards who the fucks wants to board.. but away their carry on, find seat, get seated, put on seatbelt..

to be called off because you on the wrong plane...

how do we know she was even jamaican....?? ot of reaching going on here....

so I can see both sides here.. but if she said she all salty then she deserves what she got..