Sooners Head Coach Lincoln Riley headed to USC.

djpolo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He hired someone from Troy but I'd be willing to bet that he is running the defense.

Agreed. Is the coach any good? Lord knows we always suck on defense :smh: Shit even when Vent was there, we still weren't that good. He did make Clemson a powerhouse so :dunno:

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Agreed. Is the coach any good? Lord knows we always suck on defense :smh: Shit even when Vent was there, we still weren't that good. He did make Clemson a powerhouse so :dunno:
Clemson had the #9 defense in the country in a down year.

BV has been in SEC country recruiting against SEC schools and the best coaches, I trust whatever decision he is going to make on defense.

Specifically this one right here.

Class was ranked at #23 last week and it might end up being a top 10 class after losing a coach.

I'm glad he seems to be putting more of an emphasis on kids from the state of Oklahoma.

There are far too many good kids that OU overlooks and they shine else where.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor

Very dope to see them take advantage of their platform.

First interview that Caleb Williams is doing is on a players podcast.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
BV has been on it since his arrival back in Norman. He’s got some legit talent coming in with possibly more to come. And let’s not forget about the transfer portal. I know there’s only so many scholarships to hand out but this is shaping up to be epic.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
BV has been on it since his arrival back in Norman. He’s got some legit talent coming in with possibly more to come. And let’s not forget about the transfer portal. I know there’s only so many scholarships to hand out but this is shaping up to be epic.
Epic

Hopefully he lands the DT and DE out of Florida that play on the same team.

bdquest9

To teach the truth to the young black youth
BGOL Investor
Great to see how things are working out for the Sooners. Lincoln Riley’s ego will be his downfall. Running the same plays, wanting to be the OC, HC, and always being out coached in almost every game I give him 3 years until the PAC 12 figures out his offensive scheme and will go back to being an OC at some FBS school.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Caleb Williams in in the portal.

You don't typically do this if you're happy with your situation. He's the unquestioned starter there. I'd say he's leaving.

Oklahoma quarterback Caleb Williams announced on his Twitter account Monday that he was entering the transfer portal, but that he will keep the Sooners as an option.

Williams passed for 1,912 yards, 21 touchdowns and just four interceptions after replacing Spencer Rattler as the Sooners' starter this season. Rattler transferred last month to South Carolina.

Williams, a true freshman this past season, said in his tweet that he came to Oklahoma with a game plan "but with all of the recent changes, I need to figure out what is the right path for me moving forward."

Williams said that staying at Oklahoma would "definitely be an option" as he goes through the process. He explained that as a student-athlete the only way under NCAA rules he could speak to other schools and "see who may offer the best preparation and development for my future career is by entering the portal."

After Lincoln Riley left abruptly to take the Southern California coaching job at the end of November, the Sooners replaced him last month with Brent Venables, the former Clemson defensive coordinator. Venables brought in Jeff Lebby from Ole Miss as the Sooners' offensive coordinator.

Venables and Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione released a joint statement Monday that read in part: "While we believe OU provides Caleb the best opportunity to develop as a player and realize his goals for college and beyond, we respect his right to explore his options following key staffing changes here."

The statement also mentions Lebby and refers to him as "one of the most elite offensive coordinators and quarterback developers in the country." Lebby played a key role in Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral's development.

In what could be Williams' finale with Oklahoma, the quarterback threw for three touchdowns with interim coach Bob Stoops patrolling the sidelines last week, as the Sooners raced past Oregon 47-32 in the Alamo Bowl, capping an 11-2, yet topsy-turvy, season.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
You don't typically do this if you're happy with your situation. He's the unquestioned starter there. I'd say he's leaving.

Oklahoma quarterback Caleb Williams announced on his Twitter account Monday that he was entering the transfer portal, but that he will keep the Sooners as an option.

Williams passed for 1,912 yards, 21 touchdowns and just four interceptions after replacing Spencer Rattler as the Sooners' starter this season. Rattler transferred last month to South Carolina.

Williams, a true freshman this past season, said in his tweet that he came to Oklahoma with a game plan "but with all of the recent changes, I need to figure out what is the right path for me moving forward."

Williams said that staying at Oklahoma would "definitely be an option" as he goes through the process. He explained that as a student-athlete the only way under NCAA rules he could speak to other schools and "see who may offer the best preparation and development for my future career is by entering the portal."

After Lincoln Riley left abruptly to take the Southern California coaching job at the end of November, the Sooners replaced him last month with Brent Venables, the former Clemson defensive coordinator. Venables brought in Jeff Lebby from Ole Miss as the Sooners' offensive coordinator.

Venables and Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione released a joint statement Monday that read in part: "While we believe OU provides Caleb the best opportunity to develop as a player and realize his goals for college and beyond, we respect his right to explore his options following key staffing changes here."

The statement also mentions Lebby and refers to him as "one of the most elite offensive coordinators and quarterback developers in the country." Lebby played a key role in Ole Miss quarterback Matt Corral's development.

In what could be Williams' finale with Oklahoma, the quarterback threw for three touchdowns with interim coach Bob Stoops patrolling the sidelines last week, as the Sooners raced past Oregon 47-32 in the Alamo Bowl, capping an 11-2, yet topsy-turvy, season.
Too much money at stake for him not to go into the portal and see who is offering what.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
You thinking him & Lincoln will link back up? Or will Jaxon Dart be the starter for USC?
He is truly a fan of Riley.

Riley had a 5 star qb committed (Brock Vandergriff, current qb at UGA) to OU and said he would walk on.

Brock ended up "flipping" to UGA.

He is a really big fan of Riley, or at least he was before.

He is better than whoever is there so it is really a matter of him trusting Riley.

He isn't winning out there any time soon but the NIL deals in Hollywood could be nice.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He is truly a fan of Riley.

Riley had a 5 star qb committed (Brock Vandergriff, current qb at UGA) to OU and said he would walk on.

Brock ended up "flipping" to UGA.

He is a really big fan of Riley, or at least he was before.

He is better than whoever is there so it is really a matter of him trusting Riley.

He isn't winning out there any time soon but the NIL deals in Hollywood could be nice.

Should be interesting to watch how this plays out. This new world of college football is starting to remind me of the nfl. I don't like the nfl.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Too much money at stake for him not to go into the portal and see who is offering what.

Exactly.

You can talk about Riley, Im sure he's been telling him to join up at USC, but the reality is that Williams will go to the highest bidder.

The rumors online are that Georgia is offering him millions.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I was always for NIL but always against players getting paid.

This is why.

The best players will just go to the highest bidders, and the competitive gap will only get wider.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Exactly.

You can talk about Riley, Im sure he's been telling him to join up at USC, but the reality is that Williams will go to the highest bidder.

The rumors online are that Georgia is offering him millions.
Him at UGA would be wild but qbs die with Kirby running the show.

If he ends up there I wonder if Brock will transfer again to run from him.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Saban and co will humble UGA again.

You think so?

I got UGA man cause all their seniors will have a now or never attitude. Its hard to simulate that kind of energy.

That and Bama's offense gets into weird funks sometimes due to the new OC, inconsistent O-line and young players.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
:eek2::eek2::eek2:

Damn the Spencer Rattler kid from Oklahoma just transferred to South Carolina, damn i'm late...this is my first time hearing about this...WTF

:dance::dance::dance:

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
:eek2::eek2::eek2:

Damn the Spencer Rattler kid from Oklahoma just transferred to South Carolina, damn i'm late...this is my first time hearing about this...WTF

:dance::dance::dance:

Yeah he went from Heisman favorite to bench warmer so he transferred.

He had NIL money too.

Not sure why he picked SC. He's gonna start but Im not sure what weapons they have. Dude is mad talented though.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
Yeah he went from Heisman favorite to bench warmer so he transferred.

He had NIL money too.

Not sure why he picked SC. He's gonna start but Im not sure what weapons they have. Dude is mad talented though.
Trust! we got weapons on offense coming back, a few from the backfield and a few from the receiver & tight end positions :yes: