Sooners Head Coach Lincoln Riley headed to USC.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The marquee jobs that are looking for head coaches is insane right now. LSU, Oklahoma, Miami (possibly), Washington, Virginia Tech. Now is definitely not the time to be looking for a head coach.

LSU is at the top of the class. I'm curious what direction they go in. Any guesses? Matt Campbell from Iowa State maybe?

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Adios to Riley.

He was handed a corvette and couldn't get it out of neutral.

Hell of an offensive recruiter though.

He is guaranteed a shot at the playoffs every year in the Pac-12 at USC.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was my first thought. The move doesn’t make sense outside of money and location. I wonder if any recruits leave behind this.
I been what more would you want? Not to mention California has a much better in-state talent pool and the name of USC makes it even easier for him to get this big time recruits (in & out-of-state)... Smart move in my opinion

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
When Lincoln took time off before the Kansas game is when shit went left for OU. He was already considering leaving. He didn’t coach the same after that. We shall see how this plays out for OU.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I been what more would you want? Not to mention California has a much better in-state talent pool and the name of USC makes it even easier for him to get this big time recruits (in & out-of-state)... Smart move in my opinion

True that! Like someone said Lee said, “he was handed the keys to a prime program that competed almost his entire tenor every year. OU wasn’t a bad location. The only thing is going to the SEC which even still would get you good recruits because of the conference. I guess easier is better. Lol

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Lincoln Riley said he wasn't leaving Oklahoma for LSU.

He didn't say he wasn't leaving the Sooners for USC.

In a stunning move on Sunday, Riley, 38, accepted the head-coaching position at USC, according to ESPN and multiple reports. He replaces former Trojans coach Clay Helton, who was fired in September after posting a 46-24 record in seven seasons.

Riley guided the Sooners to four consecutive Big 12 titles and three College Football Playoff appearances in his first four seasons. Oklahoma was eliminated from the Big 12 championship game following a 37-33 loss at Oklahoma State on Saturday night.

Following the Bedlam loss, after there was widespread speculation that he was LSU's choice to replace the departing Ed Orgeron, Riley said, "I'm not going to be the next head coach at LSU."

Former Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops, who will be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame on Dec. 7, will coach the Sooners' bowl game, a university source told ESPN's Adam Rittenberg, confirming multiple reports.

Stoops coached the Sooners for 18 seasons before retiring in June 2017. He led Oklahoma to a national championship in 2000, 10 Big 12 championships and 14 seasons of double-digit victories, and held a 190-48 overall record before handing off the program to Riley ahead of the 2017 season. He has remained active around the program, including helping to coach a practice last year when the staff was short-handed due to COVID-19 cases.

Riley's departure is a big blow to the Sooners, who are about to transition into the SEC. Riley had a 55-10 record in five seasons, including a 37-7 mark in the Big 12.

Oklahoma has targeted Arizona Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury as one of the potential replacements for Riley, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
I would have preferred The KC Offensive Coordinator.

But, I hope he can get us back on track. The talent out here is bananas, but Helton was just a freakin' joke. He didn't know what to do with it.

Fight On!

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Within 2 years......

Georgia will be the best program in the SEC...
USC will be the best program in the Pac-12...
Michigan will be the best program in the Big10...
Baylor will be the best program in the Big12 until Univ of Houston gets there...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Within 2 years......

Georgia will be the best program in the SEC...
USC will be the best program in the Pac-12...
Michigan will be the best program in the Big10...
Baylor will be the best program in the Big12 until Univ of Houston gets there...
Its already like this now; no need to wait 2 years...

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not even a USC fan but I know them being good as good for the sport. California top recruits can now stay home instead of going to other places Riley is in a hot bed of a talent pool now they should turn around fairly quick.

BlueCarpetTreatment

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
He took the DC Alex Grinch with him as well. OU going to have to start from scratch seems like. HC, OC and DC to add to the search.