PlayStation ® PS5

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Yeah Sony kind of fucked up on this shit... I signed up Months ago to get an email to let me know about Preorder and I got crickets

some ppl have already started receiving those emails...I didn’t get one but someone shared theirs...those who’ve gotten one can preorder a PS5 on sony site this fri. at 10AM PT/1PM EST using a direct link provided in the email

if you’re talking about a regular email just informing you of the preorder in general then yeah they dropped the ball...a lot of places did...luckily someone was dropping links on twitter...the only site that alerted me was bestbuy...30 minutes after I’d already gotten my preorder :hmm:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yeah Sony kind of fucked up on this shit... I signed up Months ago to get an email to let me know about Preorder and I got crickets

If I were micosoft ... i'd find a way to take advantage of this. There are going to be alot of people who missed out on PS5's looking for an upgrade ... I'd sign up for the xbox all access shit right now if I'm guaranteed an xbox day 1.
Yup. I agree.

wH5wW9.jpg

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Now all the pre-orders are sold out!!! Da fuck man!!! :hulksmash:
:smh: :smh: :smh:

It has NOT even been 24 hours yet... and EVERY MAJOR RETAILER IS SOLD OUT OF these PS5 Pre-orders. :hmm:

X - None left on Amazon :smh:
X - None left at Walmart :smh:
X - None left at Best Buy :smh:
X - None left at Gamestop :smh:
X - None left at Target :smh:
X - None left at (Insert Store Name Here) :smh:

I remember when the PS4 came out, back in 2012-2013... the level of "unavailability" was nowhere close to this nonsense. :smh:

How the fuck do all these major retailers ALL run out of pre-orders (ALL at the same time :hmm:) in less than 24 hours after the price is announced? :dunno:

I haven't heard / or seen any reports about Sony being unable to meet supply.... so this seems more like a coordinated / collusion tactic to withhold the item from the market, most likely in order to raise the cost of "bundles". (Because the next thing these retailers will claim is: "they are only taking pre-orders for PS5 bundles. Not solo consoles". :rolleyes:)

I hear ya. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member

It has NOT even been 24 hours yet... and EVERY MAJOR RETAILER IS SOLD OUT OF these PS5 Pre-orders. :hmm:

I remember when the PS4 came out, back in 2012-2013... the level of "unavailability" was nowhere close to this nonsense. :smh:

How the fuck do all these major retailers ALL run out of pre-orders (ALL at the same time :hmm:) in less than 24 hours after the price is announced? :dunno:

Around 1AM EST I was able to get one in the cart, but it still wouldn't go through. I figured I try in an hour or so but I went to sleep. When I got up around 9, the pre-order option was back to coming soon on Bestbuy.

I haven't had the time to follow closely, but there really isn't a real reason to rush to get one. Most of the early games are probably going to be on both PS4 and PS5 just like in the past. Even the PS5 only games are going to be a few out the gate. Most importantly outside of improved graphics what major update is happening to the PS5 that we can't already do with the PS4.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
some ppl have already started receiving those emails...I didn’t get one but someone shared theirs...those who’ve gotten one can preorder a PS5 on sony site this fri. at 10AM PT/1PM EST using a direct link provided in the email

if you’re talking about a regular email just informing you of the preorder in general then yeah they dropped the ball...a lot of places did...luckily someone was dropping links on twitter...the only site that alerted me was bestbuy...30 minutes after I’d already gotten my preorder :hmm:

I was supposed to be on the list.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
So all the Playstation Plus collection shit is going to be on PS Now anyway

Also .... after revisiting PSnow I will say that it has gotten much better.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

I haven't heard / or seen any reports about Sony being unable to meet supply.... so this seems more like a coordinated / collusion tactic to withhold the item from the market, most likely in order to raise the cost of "bundles". (Because the next thing these retailers will claim is: "they are only taking pre-orders for PS5 bundles. Not solo consoles". :rolleyes:)

Yup. Absolutely fuckin ridiculous. You get your name added to a list at gamestop for nothing. Hopefully they do another organized coordinated preorder. Like Microsoft is doing. I'm glad Xbox but Sony out there for that bullshit. Thats why I say you need competition. Keeps both systems honest from doing fuckboy shit and screwing people over.

rSKGu0.jpg

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
The thing don't come out for two whole months.

I'm sure there will be a limited supply for people to buy at launch and maybe a second round of pre-orders before that.

They probably had to cut off the pre-orders just so they won't have a big ass backlog of pre-orders to fulfill. A chunk of those orders were probably scalpers anyway, who just gone sell the shit at 2-3x the price.

I doubt it's some shit where every PS5 they were going to make this year is already claimed in a pre-order so I ain't trippin'.

That would fuck up their whole Black Friday/Christmas lick. They need the shit to be in as many households as possible so they can sell accessories and games, and services.

So my niggas who ain't get the shit, don't even trip, just get ready for round two.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
The thing don't come out for two whole months.

I'm sure there will be a limited supply for people to buy at launch and maybe a second round of pre-orders before that.

They probably had to cut off the pre-orders just so they won't have a big ass backlog of pre-orders to fulfill. A chunk of those orders were probably scalpers anyway, who just gone sell the shit at 2-3x the price.

I doubt it's some shit where every PS5 they were going to make this year is already claimed in a pre-order so I ain't trippin'.

That would fuck up their whole Black Friday/Christmas lick. They need the shit to be in as many households as possible so they can sell accessories and games, and services.

So my niggas who ain't get the shit, don't even trip, just get ready for round two.
Excellent points

DrFQ5W.jpg

althes

Rising Star
OG Investor
I am going to quietly wait until I can get one and build up my best buy gift card and amazon gift card balances.
I have a new desktop build to keep me occupied and a couple ps4 games and ps3 games I haven't played.
Will read all the reports and get sorted first.

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And sure enough, Sony just confirmed there will be consoles at launch and the pre-orders were a limited supply:

Yeah, but the problem is.... they INTENTIONALLY LIMITED pre-orders..... which will result in HUUUUUGGGGEEEE LINES everywhere, when it launches on Nov. 12. :smh:

So during a pandemic.... instead of ensuring that people can order a PS5 & have it delivered to their house via FedEx, or UPS or whatever.... And Sony & all the major retailers still make their money... now everyone risks catching COVID by standing on long ass lines, in (semi-frigid) November weather. :rolleyes:
They making sure that Niggas gotta be WILLING TO RISK THEIR LIFE... to buy a PS5, on Day 1. :smh::smh::lol::lol::smh::smh:

Just saying. :dunno:

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Walmart preorders go back up at 8pm central tonight...

Ive decided that I’m going to wait. My PS4 mainly collected dust... so I’ll probably get the digital later. I’m getting the Xbox Series X first

grownazzblakman

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Walmart is about to do their preorders.

Good looking out on these links, fellas. :thumbsup:

I'ma go try to get it right now. It's 9pm EST.

EDIT >>> SPOKE TOO SOON. I WAS SITTING ON THESE PAGES, HITTING "REFRESH" FOR THE LAST 20 MINUTES..... AT 9:01 PM EST.... WALMART WEBSITE SAYS ALL PS5 PRE-ORDERS ARE SOLD OUT. :hmm:

But still... thanks for posting these links anyways, fellas. :thumbsup:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Yeah, but the problem is.... they INTENTIONALLY LIMITED pre-orders..... which will result in HUUUUUGGGGEEEE LINES everywhere, when it launches on Nov. 12. :smh:

So during a pandemic.... instead of ensuring that people can order a PS5 & have it delivered to their house via FedEx, or UPS or whatever.... And Sony & all the major retailers still make their money... now everyone risks catching COVID by standing on long ass lines, in (semi-frigid) November weather. :rolleyes:
They making sure that Niggas gotta be WILLING TO RISK THEIR LIFE... to buy a PS5, on Day 1. :smh::smh::lol::lol::smh::smh:

Just saying. :dunno:
Talking to gamestop they said there will be a second and third wave of pre-orders to avoid that, which is a good thing.

AX7Ajb.jpg