PlayStation ® PS5

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Just checking the live stream, so far Call of Duty and Resident Evil VIIIage....and now another shooter.

Any "new" or innovative gameplay shown that I've missed?

Spiderman Miles Morales looks legit ..... I will say that,

but

the combat seemed a little stiff compared to Spiderman.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Xbox might cleanup on the lower end joint...

Haven't seen anything that made me jump on a PS5 yet but looking forward to seeing what the second wave of games look like. Never one to jump on a new system at launch anyways. I hardly play my Xbox One as is but between the two, I would grab the Xbox Series X $499 joint and wait for the all digital PS5 to drop down to $299.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Xbox might cleanup on the lower end joint...

Haven't seen anything that made me jump on a PS5 yet but looking forward to seeing what the second wave of games look like. Never one to jump on a new system at launch anyways. I hardly play my Xbox One as is but between the two, I would grab the Xbox Series X $499 joint and wait for the all digital PS5 to drop down to $299.

Yeah a 299 next gen console is a bargain ...

I think I'll probably get the 499 xbox series x and the 399 discless ps4.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
So Playstation plus collection is supposed to be their version of gamepass

I promise you... this was a last minute thing. LOL

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
So I've got a question ...

Weren't all the Playstation plus collection games offered for free at one point on Playstation plus anyway. So this is like your second bite at the apple.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
BGOL Investor
This thread full of xbots now

I've had all the Xboxes, only had a PS2. I've been wanting to get a PS for the last year.

If they're in stock, I'll get a 5, but I might have to settle for a 4 Pro.

Them not mentioning a pre-order date has me concerned.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
So Playstation plus collection is supposed to be their version of gamepass

I promise you... this was a last minute thing. LOL
But why do that if it's backwards compatible? Want more info on this. I think Microsoft forced them into this and Smart Delivery which is good for consumers.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
they never fucking answered the backwards compatibility question ... I've got like 2TBS of PS4 games ...

With xbox i can just plug my harddrive into the series x and play ALL of my xbox games ...

Can I do the same thing with the PS5?
The only backward capability is only for certain games on the PS4. That's it, there was a video that came out a couple of weeks ago. Confirming the backward capability or lack there of.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Interesting, I wonder if Microsoft will lower their price now as some have suggested now that Sony has made this official.
I honestly don't see a reason for them to lower their price. At $299 for the lower end joint, that is the sweet spot.

For the higher end, $499 isn't bad, especially since it's priced the same as PS5.

If anything, I could see Sony dropping their all digital price to $349 and then to $299 if the Xbox all digital sells more units.

The games shown so far, between Xbox Series X and PS5 don't feel like they are on some next level shit yet though. No real innovation between the two. Everything looks the same, as mentioned above.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
The only backward capability is only for certain games on the PS4. That's it, there was a video that came out a couple of weeks ago. Confirming the backward capability or lack there of.
This is what has me leaning on the disc based Xbox Series X. All the damn OG, 360 and One games I have being backwards compatible is great.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I honestly don't see a reason for them to lower their price. At $299 for the lower end joint, that is the sweet spot.

For the higher end, $499 isn't bad, especially since it's priced the same as PS5.

If anything, I could see Sony dropping their all digital price to $349 and then to $299 if the Xbox all digital sells more units.

The games shows, between Xbox Series X and PS5 don't feel like they are on some next level shit yet though. No real innovation between the two. Everything looks the same, as mentioned above.

No doubt.

And yet offering the XBox Series X for only $50 more than the digital only PS5 would really give an advantage and put pressure on Sony.

But that's assuming that Microsoft is less concerned about turning a profit from the consoles and are making online gam8and other areas their priority.

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2021 with god of war and horizon is when next gen begins

this is a nice bonus

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Yeah I remember that video... but I was hoping that Sony would add more clarity to it.

I'm not for this top 100 bullshit ... Who determines that list.

I mean I get it if we were talking about PS3 to PS5 compatibility but in todays age and the fact that this latest generation had a much shorter lifespan compared to the Xbox360 and PS3 ... there is no reason for all of the ps4 lineup being able to play on ps5 day one like xbox is doing for series x.