PlayStation ® PS5

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Gamestop will be taking pre-orders tomorrow, in-store and maybe online as well. They just tweeted.

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No save transfers!!!! for a game that just dropped in 2018 ... This isn't like Call of Duty Modern Warfare that got the complete redo or a remaster of a game that came out in a previous system. Like this makes no sense.
my question is whats the difference between the 2018 version and the ps5 remastered version.is it just the load times will be different?im already pissd that i bought the game and have to rebuy it again sony on the bull.im gonna be even more pissed if the difference is the loading.then there greedy butts charging$50 for a darn dlc of 6 hours at best.this is why i said xbox is better already because here's how you upgrade your games you already have...hit download........see sony its not that hard.all money isnt good money.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
my question is whats the difference between the 2018 version and the ps5 remastered version.is it just the load times will be different?im already pissd that i bought the game and have to rebuy it again sony on the bull.im gonna be even more pissed if the difference is the loading.then there greedy butts charging$50 for a darn dlc of 6 hours at best.this is why i said xbox is better already because here's how you upgrade your games you already have...hit download........see sony its not that hard.all money isnt good money.

Insomniac Games community director James Stevenson recently told the PlayStation Blog that Spider-Man Remastered “is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower”.

He elaborated: “You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate.

“We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again.”

Sounds confusing as hell.

But it seems like it was tailored for new PS players like me who were going to buy both Spiderman 2018 and Miles Morales for PS5 anyway. If I can get both games on PS5 for $70, that's a good deal. Spiderman '18 goes for $40 now, and Miles is $50. So it'd be like I'm only paying $30 for the Miles DLC, which is still a lot.

It sucks that they're alienating the PS fanbase by not making it a free upgrade.

Even if you do a trade-in with the PS4 disc, you'll probably only get like $12, if that. It's still $58 for a game you've already played and a DLC.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Looks like Sony maybe making the same mistakes MS made when they launched the Xbox One, some of the games have to have a always on internet connection.
Won't be playing Godfall then. :smh:

UE6euD.jpg

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was wrong. Playstation seems to be fail-proof. I thought Sony actually had to try to get people to buy their console. Clearly they don't.

People can't wait to buy a PS5. They have an ugly huge console. They've released little to know info about what the console can do.

What's the size of the HD? No idea. Can your saves from PS4 transfer? Complicated. Consistent 4k at 60fps? Maybe. Play your PS4 games? Some but not all.

Their messaging has been complete shit. Yet they are selling out the second they are available. Resale for thousands of dollars for a piece of paper. Insane.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
I was wrong. Playstation seems to be fail-proof. I thought Sony actually had to try to get people to buy their console. Clearly they don't.

People can't wait to buy a PS5. They have an ugly huge console. They've released little to know info about what the console can do.

What's the size of the HD? No idea. Can your saves from PS4 transfer? Complicated. Consistent 4k at 60fps? Maybe. Play your PS4 games? Some but not all.

Their messaging has been complete shit. Yet they are selling out the second they are available. Resale for thousands of dollars for a piece of paper. Insane.
Apple? Chuckles

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Man inwas trying to transfer my games from ps3 to my psr when I first bought it. Is ps5 backwards compatible when it fomes to physical copies also?
Yes with PS4. But still not sure of how game saves work on most games or how the previous PS+ games work.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
Does it have some bullshit proprietary port for external hard drives too?
ou don’t have to wait for a repair shop to see the PlayStation 5’s innards. Sony has conducted an official (and strangely relaxing) teardown of the PS5 that provides more than a few insights into its imminent game console. For one, it has an elaborate cooling system.There’s a large 120mm fan that draws in air from both sides, and a heatsink whose shape and airflow reportedly deliver the kind of cooling you’d expect from a vapor chamber (like that used in the Xbox Series X). It even uses liquid metal as the thermal interface material on the AMD-made, eight-core CPU to ensure “long-term” cooling performance.
It’s also apparent that you won’t have much trouble adding another SSD. Both of the curvy white panels come off easily, exposing a conspicuous SSD bay where you can install a PCIe 4.0-based M.2 drive. Just don’t expect to replace the 825GB of default storage — that’s built into the PS5’s motherboard. You can also remove the panels to clear out dust from two dedicated catchers.
The PS5 teardown also gives you a good look at the CPU itself, its 16GB of GDDR6 memory, and the custom SSD controller. The 350W power supply is built-in, so you won’t have an ugly brick hanging off the back of your machine.
There are still some questions left about the PS5, including its still-mysterious interface. We wouldn’t be surprised if a third-party teardown went further. However, this might just answer many of your questions about the design. Like Microsoft, Sony was interested in a design that runs quietly, not just quickly.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
I remember the Japanese didn't fuck with the original Xbox because of its size. Wtf are they going to do when they bring PS Godzilla edition to their crib.
Stfu and deal with it since it's made by a Japanese company. Shit annoys me that some developers still ignore making games for the XBox but will struggle making a Switch version just because.