BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ecf-tLpWsAE7j5O

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So September 18th???

I mean they already know Microsoft's price .... Why not just drop the price now and then leave the placeholder for further details. Take some heat off Xbox. I mean xbox preorders start the 22nd... so unless Sony's preorders start the 18th then why the wait.

See my comment..

Them mfkrs still working out the numbers and maybe trying to land a last minute partnership to compete..

Sony is has to recover from that Xbox ish AND turn over every rock to add value to their system so that they don't get absolutely crushed when the holidays come

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
See my comment..

Them mfkrs still working out the numbers and maybe trying to land a last minute partnership to compete..

Sony is has to recover from that Xbox ish AND turn over every rock to add value to their system so that they don't get absolutely crushed when the holidays come

completely agree

Cause if not.. they could have easily dropped the price the day after.

It almost makes me think that the PS5 was going to be announced at $599 and the Digital at $499. I think they expected Microsoft to have the Series X also at $599. But when Microsoft dropped the price they had to regroup ... because why all of a Sudden announce something next friday. They could just drop a trailer or tweet now and use the event to talk about all the amazing games on the PS5.

Something has to be up. Cause they are extra quiet.

Last edited:

mrdiego2020

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
See my comment..

completely agree

It almost makes me think that the PS5 was going to be announced at $599 and the Digital at $499. I think they expected Microsoft to have the Series X also at $599. But when Microsoft dropped the price they had to regroup ... because why all of a Sudden announce something next friday. They could just drop a trailer or tweet know and use the event to talk about all the amazing games on the PS5.

this is true.i dropped a video and it said that sony was target at $599 and the discless at $499 but there gonna take a huge hit because of what xbox done to them.to be honest i don't see to much they can do i mean the cost for the design of the ps5 is a lot yet alone the software.i still think its gonna be $399 discless and $499 for the flagship one.they might throw in a free year of playstation plus lol it will be something like that.

crazycac50

Rising Star
Registered
I don’t know what y’all are smoking but Sony is going to steam roll MS again if they get to $399 for the digital edition. The S will help a little but world wide Sony is way more popular. I will give MS points for bing willing to bleed if only to make Sony bleed with them.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
completely agree

It almost makes me think that the PS5 was going to be announced at $599 and the Digital at $499. I think they expected Microsoft to have the Series X also at $599. But when Microsoft dropped the price they had to regroup ... because why all of a Sudden announce something next friday. They could just drop a trailer or tweet know and use the event to talk about all the amazing games on the PS5.

truth be told, Microsoft intended to announce next week but since 90% of the info was leaked on Labor Day, they basically said 'fuck it, we got the buzz, let's roll.' Probably the missing part is the Series V, which I bet is just a diskless X. Knowing Microsoft I know they know how many people have actually used their One for playing a Blu-Ray disc. 4K sets have been around long enough that if you got one on purpose, you got something that will play 4K content already, Buy a diskless console and save the $50 on the drive/license.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t know what y’all are smoking but Sony is going to steam roll MS again if they get to $399 for the digital edition. The S will help a little but world wide Sony is way more popular. I will give MS points for bing willing to bleed if only to make Sony bleed with them.

Microsoft was dominant when the PS4 came out. Things change, and they spent the last 7 years trying to repent. I think it's going to come down to who's more hungry and we all are going to benefit.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
Honestly with their momentum I wouldn't be surprised by $599. And I don't think that it would hurt them as bad as the PS3 launch. But $499 and $399 makes sense even if I see $449 for the digital one.

crazycac50

Rising Star
Registered
Microsoft was dominant when the PS4 came out. Things change, and they spent the last 7 years trying to repent. I think it's going to come down to who's more hungry and we all are going to benefit.

360 came out a year earlier at a much cheaper price with better hardware and still managed to not beat out PS3. MS has never won a generation. Anyway I was looking at a switch on walmart.com and they offered a finance program through affirm. When did this become a thing? What happens when people by consoles and stop making payments?

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
360 came out a year earlier at a much cheaper price with better hardware and still managed to not beat out PS3. MS has never won a generation. Anyway I was looking at a switch on walmart.com and they offered a finance program through affirm. When did this become a thing? What happens when people by consoles and stop making payments?

The official numbers are off for both systems. Both officially sold for 11 years, but Microsoft stopped counting in 2014. And sony seems to be counting used sales, considering that they were still counting systems last year despite stopping production in 2017. Anyhow, PS3 sales were behind 360 for the majority of both systems useful lifetime but caught up at the very end. If you look at it as 2014 was the last year that mattered it was 83.8 million PS3, 84 million 360. It will likely never be confirmed, but I'm pretty sure the surge in sales the last couple of years of the PS3's life was because it was arguably the best media player out that could be had for cheap. It wasn't hard to find for under $100 used in the 14-17 time period.

Don Mattrick threw away a ton of goodwill by not focusing the One on games, and downplaying the DRM uproar that people rightfully had. The PS4 being more powerful sealed it. I think this year, with no system having any clear obvious advantage sales are going to be neck and neck.