SNACKIN' BACON: Dunkin' Donuts' latest release is quite simply a bag of bacon

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
4 SLICES OF BACON CUT IN HALF FOR $2.49 :eek:
Dunkin' Donuts' latest release is quite simply a bag of bacon

200226164749-20200226-dunkin-donuts-exlarge-169.jpg

While other fast food chains are rushing to launch meatless and plant-based options, Dunkin' Donuts went in the opposite direction and released the ultimate snack for meat lovers.

Starting today, Snackin' Bacon will be available at Dunkin' restaurants nationwide.

What's that, you wonder? It's just like it sounds: Eight half-strips of bacon wrapped up in a sleeve.

"Here at Dunkin', we've been working hard to formulate the perfect afternoon pick-me-up and really, what's better than a bag full of bacon?" the company said in a blog post.

Dunkin' wants you to know that it's not just any ordinary bacon. It's high-end bacon that's been smoked with natural cherrywood. It's then treated to a sweet and savory blend of brown sugar and black pepper seasoning.

If that sounds familiar, it's because it's basically the same bacon used in Dunkin's Sweet Black Pepper Bacon Breakfast Sandwich, the company said.

"With its classic flavors featured in everything from toothpaste to vodka, bacon is a phenomenon. But, at Dunkin', we believe the best way to enjoy bacon is simple: eat it."

It's not all meat at Dunkin'

Dunkin' launched its Beyond Meat breakfast sandwich nationally last November after a highly successful test of the product over the summer.

The sandwich was framed as a way for the chain to capitalize on growing consumer interest in plant-based proteins — and take up more space in the increasingly competitive breakfast segment.

Dunkin' first introduced a breakfast sandwich featuring Beyond Meat's meatless sausage in New York City last July. That test "exceeded our expectations," Dunkin' CEO Dave Hoffmann said in a statement months later. The Beyond Sausage Sandwich quickly became the second best-selling item in Dunkin's Manhattan stores, following the company's bacon, egg and cheese bagel.

The enthusiastic customer reaction inspired Dunkin' to speed up the national launch, which was previously scheduled for January. Over 9,000 Dunkin' locations started serving the sandwich starting November 6.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Take away 2 pieces add some toasted bread and melted cheese and now you have a bacon melt..prob could sell it for 3-3.50

I want my cut dunkin

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I remember when Dunkin donuts were made fresh in the store ,now they are frozen

You sure they're frozen? I thought that they came baked already from a central center.... I used to work at one when they made them in store... gone are those days.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Some of these places should advertise that they have a special on high cholesterol, a discount of strokes and heartattacks, and new methods of diabetics, etc.

Varis

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You sure they're frozen? I thought that they came baked already from a central center.... I used to work at one when they made them in store... gone are those days.

Saw a video on tik tok. disgruntled employee showed a box of frozen donuts

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks very good. But bacon just ain’t a good snack. Don’t fill you up and a lot of calories. If I am going to waste 800 1000 plus calories in one meal, there are better options

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Saw a video on tik tok. disgruntled employee showed a box of frozen donuts
More importantly, I should have asked this first.... were they frozen and icing with fillings done after thawing, or the completed donut frozen?

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

I figured they did the fostings and fillings afterwards... and honestly a lot of restaurants are dirty or filthy.... I've been to multiple Dunkin Donuts when I worked at one to borrow bags of mix etc. if we ran out.... back in the day when they were done from scratch.... guess they didn't want to pay bakers anymore and sacrifice the quality of fresh made for uniformity and profits... nothing like a fresh honey dip or French Crueller donut 10 minutes after it's been dipped.... I don't think they even make the French Cruellers anymore... haven't seen them in a minute.... they tasted like French toast... soft and fluffy when fresh made..... and the small stores have a third of the varieties that they used to sell

FRENCH.jpg

Last edited:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I haven't been to dunkin Donuts in years and I don't know how in the fuck they stay open because like someone else said their donuts are terrible;Why buy that shit and you can go to a bakery or your local grocery store and get donuts fresh.

Krispy Kreme,you go there when you want to have diabetes and all types of medical problems,it's for the young only because only young people eat that and feel normal afterwards.It didn't like 6months here before it folded.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I haven't been to dunkin Donuts in years and I don't know how in the fuck they stay open because like someone else said their donuts are terrible;Why buy that shit and you can go to a bakery or your local grocery store and get donuts fresh.

Krispy Kreme,you go there when you want to have diabetes and all types of medical problems,it's for the young only because only young people eat that and feel normal afterwards.It didn't like 6months here before it folded.

They seem to be doing pretty well where I live.

Hank Aaron owns a KRISPY Kreme across the street from me. Shaquille owns one a few miles away.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I got to find the vid but dunkin has quietly trying to push away from being known as a donut shop... They make a lot of their money from coffee, breakfast sandwiches, and all them frozen type drinks... Even when you pay attention to their co.mercials or promotions it's rarely about the donuts... They make profit more on other shit now

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
They seem to be doing pretty well where I live.
Hank Aaron owns a KRISPY Kreme across the street from me. Shaquille owns one a few miles away.
Coffee and those breakfast sammiches now.... they've dropped a lot of their old menu.... soups used to be on point too... I mainly only buy the coffee when I go there.... after the morning rush they die.... DD is basically busy in inclimate weather and mornings, they die in the summertime or when it's very warm

I got to find the vid but dunkin has quietly trying to push away from being known as a donut shop... They make a lot of their money from coffee, breakfast sandwiches, and all them frozen type drinks... Even when you pay attention to their co.mercials or promotions it's rarely about the donuts... They make profit more on other shit now