Sharon Jones from the Dap Kings...dead at 60.

wtfrulookinat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP. I've got a ton of her music... started by listening to it for samples but realized that she made some damn good music...rest easy, Ms. Jones.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Rest in peace to that sister.

Dv1HXklM.gif

man-machine

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was somewhat aware of the Dap Kings but a free song from Google Music a couple of years ago put them and Sharon front and center in my music universe....

The USA died about a week and half ago but this saddens me a hell of lot more.

hog fat

Rising Star
Platinum Member
tumblr_ogwc8ugSfQ1vd6nt8o1_1280.jpg

Simone Missick: I had the wonderful opportunity to meet @sharonjones while filming the season finale of @marvelslukecage There were so many things about this woman that inspired me: she had found huge success later in life(which for me was a testament that things happen in God’s time); she was a cancer survivor; and she had the most warm, down to earth, jubilant spirit. She felt just as blessed to be there as we were honored to have her. And although for only a brief moment in her life and mine, I feel thankful that our paths were able to cross.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Damn I love her music with the Dap Kings.

RIP queen.

killed it live...recorded in april ..so energetic ..couldnt even tell she was sick...:(

wasnt for cage i wouldnt know who the hell they were...dam..such a shame...

why good music like this is not pushed more...this shit came out in 07...wtf...?

:smh:

Sharon-Jones-100-days.jpg

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
killed it live...recorded in april ..so energetic ..couldnt even tell she was sick...:(

wasnt for cage i wouldnt know who the hell they were...dam..such a shame...

why good music like this is not pushed more...this shit came out in 07...wtf...?

:smh:

Sharon-Jones-100-days.jpg

Her musics so soulful and nostalgic. When she teamed up with Charles Bradley, it sent me back to the old days as a kid, digging thru vinyl records and gettin lost in some good tunes.

Alotta artists have trouble recreating that sound but she came from such a pure place that it was natural for her. Sad that it came to an end like this but I hope the Dap Kings carry on her legacy through song.

It's needed and appreciated.