Music News: Sean Combs blasts Recording Academy at Clive Davis gala: ‘Black music has never been respected by the Grammys’

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
props to puff...whatever happened in his past ,least he's maturing and doing good for his people. and for us it should always be fuck the grammy's anyway. we got our own award shows and recognition events we know we are loved and valued out here. that being said. we get nominated....go enjoy that shit.... laugh good eat good make connections. use it for what its worth. we don't win...cool, had a good time made the best of the experience. we win ...cool, same shit.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I don't know about these new nigs but grammys was s hit for cacs and females.. Only time people really gave a shit was when mj was gonna perform and that was decades ago.. It's been fuck the grammys and oscars.. Mad female activities are now acceptable fucking twilight zone shit... "Hey man did you see the awards last night " was said by nobody in my click ever for 500 alex
The fact that his little speech is going viral, was posted in here, and you felt the need to come in here and comment on it, betrays everything you just said. If you don't give a shit about the grammieS, this thread wouldn't even stick out to you. 50 or so posts on the front page, and THIS is the one you're in.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
props to puff...whatever happened in his past ,least he's maturing and doing good for his people. and for us it should always be fuck the grammy's anyway. we got our own award shows and recognition events we know we are loved and valued out here. that being said. we get nominated....go enjoy that shit.... laugh good eat good make connections. use it for what its worth. we don't win...cool, had a good time made the best of the experience. we win ...cool, same shit.
Yeah. Those award shows that get shot up, or not even attended by award winners. We really respect those.

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
I hate some of you “crab in the barrel” dudes in here.
We have black billionaires attempting to bring light to ownership and not building our own and per usual, other “black” men on here wanna shit on him. Your perspective on life changes from a 25 year old to a 50 year old.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The fact that his little speech is going viral, was posted in here, and you felt the need to come in here and comment on it, betrays everything you just said. If you don't give a shit about the grammieS, this thread wouldn't even stick out to you. 50 or so posts on the front page, and THIS is the one you're in.
there's a lot of females in the world and cacs.. Also juss in case you didn't know puffy is a lil well known.. So I came in here to hear what he had to say.. Notice I'm in no Grammy award show threads..so juss destroyed your theory.. You trying to get the role of blunt but you failing your audition.. Step your troll game up or go put on your cape and switch to your capt marvel screen name

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
“My goal used to be about making hit records,” Diddy said in closing.
Yeah, but everything he's complaining about was in play back then. I understand him "changing his goal", but shit was rotten when he was winning, and it's still rotten. It's easy to call them out, after you've used that same rotten system to help you get rich.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
I hate some of you “crab in the barrel” dudes in here.
We have black billionaires attempting to bring light to ownership and not building our own and per usual, other “black” men on here wanna shit on him. Your perspective on life changes from a 25 year old to a 50 year old.

"Brothers" holding out hope the system will believe in them again and give them a bag dont like it when blacks speak against that very system. I commend Diddy for using his voice and speaking up on this and the Comcast shit.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'm responding to that asinine post about us defending white supremacy and loving white folks.
if you read the article - you'd understand where that reply came from

Puffy's speech is calling out Grammy execs about the current scandal re: Dugan, rigged voting and the covering up bigotry and harassment of women by ex grammy pres

Diddy continued. “So right now with this current [Dugan] situation, it’s not a revelation; this thing’s been going on. And it’s not just going on in music; it’s going on in films, it’s going on in sports, it’s going on around the world. And for years, we have allowed institutions that have never had our best interests at heart to judge us.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah, but everything he's complaining about was in play back then. I understand him "changing his goal", but shit was rotten when he was winning, and it's still rotten. It's easy to call them out, after you've used that same rotten system to help you get rich.
there was an effort to begin change -
they fired the person brought in for that purpose
so that person put the laundry out in the streets

Puffy is in a position to publicly call them out on this - and has enough of a platform and fame to be heard across media when he speaks...
so where is the foul?
why react like its sour grapes when Puff's main business is no longer music?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
there's a lot of females in the world and cacs.. Also juss in case you didn't know puffy is a lil well known.. So I came in here to hear what he had to say.. Notice I'm in no Grammy award show threads..so juss destroyed your theory.. You trying to get the role of blunt but you failing your audition.. Step your troll game up or go put on your cape and switch to your capt marvel screen name
Just take the L bro.

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
Could start his own
Could support the black awards shows more
Could follow the country music award model but still looking for white acceptance

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These niggaz be so out of touch with reality it’s a damn shame.
Fuck your Grammys!!!
Who cares if you’re recognized by your peers or not?!
Then got Khalid Arab, culture vulture ass next to them getting dap.

Ain't no award for being a stand up stomp down..Mayne..good posting brah

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just take the L bro.
Were you looking in the mirror when you typed that? I hope so... You came in here to do your regular go against the popular opinion to try to get a reaction.. Such a female quality that if woodchuck didn't cosign you I def would think you were born with a pussy.. You act more feminine than the male feminist and we all know she was born with tits.. I like trolling trolls..you seem to want a spotlight

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good for Diddy, it's never to late to speak out.

thats true. People been speaking out about this damn near every year. Reading the list of winners and seeing the nominated, I got two impressions...1) music intake and appreciation is far different than what I come across in my daily life. Looking at the lists, I kept thinking...who the hell is this person (never heard of them). 2) kept wondering if some of the categories were more political based.

I’m not putting to much thought into understanding how the grammy’s work. Instead, now is a prime time to develop platforms for counter culture messages (meaning more positive stuff other than gossip, violence, drama and trauma-if it bleeds it leads). There’s a lot that can be done. Congrats to Gary Clarke Jr. for his two wins too!

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Were you looking in the mirror when you typed that? I hope so... You came in here to do your regular go against the popular opinion to try to get a reaction.. Such a female quality that if woodchuck didn't cosign you I def would think you were born with a pussy.. You act more feminine than the male feminist and we all know she was born with tits.. I like trolling trolls..you seem to want a spotlight
I bet you typed this rolling your neck lol.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Some of yall are truly miserable bastards

Complain about EVERYTHING

If he don't say something you complaint
He say something you STILL complain
When he didn't say anything nobody complained. Nobody

So if you wanna be mad at someone complaining be mad at him. He's the one complaining. About nothing.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Could start his own
Could support the black awards shows more
Could follow the country music award model but still looking for white acceptance
Right. Even worse, he doesn't even need to start his own. There are already 2 or 3 Black music award shows. Just go to them. I guarantee you he doesn't go to the image awards as often as the grammies he'll go to the hip-hop award shows every now and then , the ones where people get shot, arrested , beat up. Some respect for "the culture". ThIs shits a joke. Say something about injustice (related to a damn award show) and you get clicks. Way more clicks than if he had just accepted this award that nobody ever heard of before today. And he did still accept the award.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I bet you typed this rolling your neck lol.
Stop looking in the mirror than typing.. Dude I can bet if a poll was made about top 3 fags on the board you by far would be in the top tier... Hell you might get 2 spots.. 1 for exile king the other for your captain marvel screen name

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Stop looking in the mirror than typing.. Dude I can bet if a poll was made about top 3 fags on the board you by far would be in the top tier... Hell you might get 2 spots.. 1 for exile king the other for your captain marvel screen name
Boy you still talkin. Popularity and being cool with people you don't know seems important to you.