Music News: Sean Combs blasts Recording Academy at Clive Davis gala: ‘Black music has never been respected by the Grammys’

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Damn much respect for that.

BBPw2M.jpg

sliccpulla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s what’s up? It’s a start to the conversation. They’ve been put on notice. Although I feel we don’t need their approval or acknowledgment to judge our art. Just stand together and support the ones that do. It’s easy to have an award show for our music/culture and make it as “prestigious” as the Grammy. Stop supporting theirs and create your own. Without us, there would be no Grammy Awards. This also applies to other aspects of life, as well.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Was he complaining about that when he was winning them?

Thats hard bar for 2020

And your not wrong

But this reminds me of his beef with the lox

Andre Harrell and a few other OG black music execs said Puff just did it the way he was TAUGHT

Basically all the contracts white or black were like that.

Puff didnt go out specifically to screw artists

Again i aint in the music game but damn near every artist got screwed contractually.

So i think the message is actually extra powerful coming from Puff

especially since he isnt absolving himself.

And he been mad different since Kim died.

I hope he follows thru...

Now if he doesn't?

SVT

Rising Star
Registered
These niggaz be so out of touch with reality it’s a damn shame.
Fuck your Grammys!!!
Who cares if you’re recognized by your peers or not?!
Then got Khalid Arab, culture vulture ass next to them getting dap.

Khaled makes beats

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
I hate to break it to y'all but (as usual) Puffy is FULL OF SHIT. He's a former National Trustee of the same Academy he's now criticizing and he had no issue cosigning the shenanigans when his artists were getting nominations and winning. The current national Chairman of the Board is 72yo jazz *LEGEND* Harvey Mason from Foreplay, and current trustees include Paul Wall and Rico Love as well as Terri Lynn Carrington, Lalah Hathaway and several other non-performing Black industry execs. I know as fact that the Atlanta Chapter's Board of Governors is majority hip hop oriented - JFly is the current President and Jermaine Dupri was President for at least 10 years.

The Grammys even created a special nomination review committees for the rap categories in 2018 to safeguard the music’s integrity and to serve as additional checks and balances. The change allowed rising acts to earn nominations over veteran performers who seemed to get nominated no matter what they released. Also to help guard against potentially embarrassing wins such as Macklemore & Ryan Lewis beating Kendrick Lamar for best rap album in 2014. :curse:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Bitch ass niggas . Diddy is 50 and mature now. He’s also a billionaire he doesn’t need Grammys or money . He’s speaking the truth . Doesn’t matter what he did previously, people change you negative ass clowns and exhiledcoon shut your bitch ass up

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor
Bitch ass niggas . Diddy is 50 and mature now. He’s also a billionaire he doesn’t need Grammys or money . He’s speaking the truth . Doesn’t matter what he did previously, people change you negative ass clowns and exhiledcoon shut your bitch ass up

Diddy's callin out white capital and the usual suspects start caping for white daddy and throwing said negro under the bus as usual. Sad.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
So damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
He wasn't damnd when he didn't so that doesn't apply. No one cared. He was still #blackexcellence to everybody, just off being rich and whatever else he liked to do. Those charter schools he makes are awesome.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Diddy's callin out white capital and the usual suspects start caping for white daddy and throwing said negro under the bus as usual. Sad.
But but he won Grammys and he’s just mad he’s not anymore even though he’s richer than ever and doesn’t need them.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
I hate to break it to y'all but (as usual) Puffy is FULL OF SHIT. He's a former National Trustee of the same Academy he's now criticizing and he had no issue cosigning the shenanigans when his artists were getting nominations and winning. The current national Chairman of the Board is 72yo jazz *LEGEND* Harvey Mason from Foreplay, and current trustees include Paul Wall and Rico Love as well as Terri Lynn Carrington, Lalah Hathaway and several other non-performing Black industry execs. I know as fact that the Atlanta Chapter's Board of Governors is majority hip hop oriented - JFly is the current President and Jermaine Dupri was President for at least 10 years.

The Grammys even created a special nomination review committees for the rap categories in 2018 to safeguard the music’s integrity and to serve as additional checks and balances. The change allowed rising acts to earn nominations over veteran performers who seemed to get nominated no matter what they released. Also to help guard against potentially embarrassing wins such as Macklemore & Ryan Lewis beating Kendrick Lamar for best rap album in 2014. :curse:

Yeah I don't think Black people have a tough time being seen, heard, or recognized in the music business of all sectors to be yapping about. We're OVER represented in that shit. Movies as well. I had a South African girl who though the Black percentage of the US population was well over the 13 percent, just based off all the media we put out. Movie, music,sports and entertainment-- we're hardly lacking there

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
It's been fuck the Oscars and Grammy since forever
Until some Black people win some-- this happens every other year. People bitch, then when someone wins, it's all years and smiles on stage. Black Twitter posts the acceptance speech all day. Anyone who believes these "boycotts", I'd love to sell ya some beachfront property in Arizona

Raeeb7

Rising Star
Registered

Can't keep falling for the same shit y'all. Black entertainer speaks about some black injustice next niggas line up like ants to join the pitty party. Meanwhile that same entertainer benefits off the so called injustice. :smh:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Until some Black people win some-- this happens every other year. People bitch, then when someone wins, it's all years and smiles on stage. Black Twitter posts the acceptance speech all day. Anyone who believes these "boycotts", I'd love to sell ya some beachfront property in Arizona
I don't know about these new nigs but grammys was s hit for cacs and females.. Only time people really gave a shit was when mj was gonna perform and that was decades ago.. It's been fuck the grammys and oscars.. Mad female activities are now acceptable fucking twilight zone shit... "Hey man did you see the awards last night " was said by nobody in my click ever for 500 alex