Saw Dave Chappelle last night.

Lonestar69

Potential Star
Registered
You also said Dave's standup wasn't funny. You know where the value of your opinion is right?

OblongFatalEgg-size_restricted.gif

Exactly where yours is ;)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dave Chappell is my 1# one all time comedian.

No disrespect to the legends before him.

Wow...

If it aint Eddie the to me Chris Rock is the closest one.

I finally saw Tambourine and i thought it was his most personal not funniest but most personal and it hit with me.

But to me?

Just off Delirious and Raw?

That was enough

But add SNL and the classic movies?

The resume is shorter but its so damn potent and concentrated.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wow...

If it aint Eddie the to me Chris Rock is the closest one.

I finally saw Tambourine and i thought it was his most personal not funniest but most personal and it hit with me.

But to me?

Just off Delirious and Raw?

That was enough

But add SNL and the classic movies?

The resume is shorter but its so damn potent and concentrated.

Dave has some really thought provoking comedy and he is genius for talking something and bring it back around later.

Eddie is a beast, but the Dave Chappell Show along with his later stand ups on Netflix really put him on another level.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dave has some really thought provoking comedy and he is genius for talking something and bring it back around later.

Eddie is a beast, but the Dave Chappell Show along with his later stand ups on Netflix really put him on another level.

To be fair i still haven't seen all of Dave Netflix stuff...

But you are right i thought homeboy was legit brillant BEFORE all that

People forget Mel Brooks called that EARLY...

and they also forget and Kill Aries Spears

But Chappelle was THIS close to being key & peele

Cause no matter what they say now?

Black folk were NOT f*cking with Chappelle like that back in the day.

Interesting they have this in common SNL & TCS...

brief brillant classic impossible to replicate sketch comedy runs prematurely cut short.

But eddie found refuge in film and dave in stand up..

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Outside of "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" and "Half Baked", what else has he been in?
I knew many people in here became fans after the chapelle show cause the fact nobody mention the movie screwed shows how people haven't followed him since the beginning... I actually seen half baked in theatres first week, own the vhs tape and got the DVD of screwed

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

brief brillant classic impossible to replicate sketch comedy runs prematurely cut short.

I was

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Aw man. Black folk was definitely not fucking with Dave like that.

Especially the Clayton Bigsby skit. A lot of the RBG community couldn’t get past it :lol:

Silencer

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yep. I'm a fan of stand up comedy, so I liked dude way before Chapelle's Show. I remember years ago me and some co-workers (one who is JB Smoove's cousin) were talking about Chapelle and I brought up one of his sets on Def Comedy Jam. One guy was like "He was on Def Comedy Jam?!!!?" So yeah some black folks were sleeping on him, but some of us weren't.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yep. I'm a fan of stand up comedy, so I liked dude way before Chapelle's Show. I remember years ago me and some co-workers (one who is JB Smoove's cousin) were talking about Chapelle and I brought up one of his sets on Def Comedy Jam. One guy was like "He was on Def Comedy Jam?!!!?" So yeah some black folks were sleeping on him, but some of us weren't.
lol yep... Hell my best friend use to call chapelle my boy cause he knew I liked anything he was in... I wanted to see blue streak juss cause he was in it... Even my bestfriend started liking him more after that, same with my older bro... That's why when he was coming out with the chapelle show everybody was like your boy bout do his thing

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
I went to the 7 o'clock show last night, and man, he came out a little edgy. I THOROUGHLY enjoyed it, but this was for a Netflix special, so I'm wondering how some segments of the populous are going to take these jokes. He made molestation and gay jokes that were kinda out there, and I have a feeling some people are going to crawl up in their feelings. Again, those joke were funny! At least they were to me. He also spit the real on this whole Dream Hampton shit, and why he didn't want to be in her little documentary on R. Kelly. Basically, she asked him to be in it, and he declined, so she accused him of "normalizing" what Kelly did. His reason: "I don't know that nigga! I've never spoken to that nigga, so why the fuck would I be in some documentary talking about that nigga? As for whether or not he did it, hell yeah, that nigga did that shit!"
Nice! :cool:

b-stro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seen Dave 4 time, once at SF punchline and that nigga freestyles from 11pm to 3:40 and and didn’t miss a beat. Erykah Badu was there and exited right before me and i got a good view of that ass walkin 3 feet in front me

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I knew many people in here became fans after the chapelle show cause the fact nobody mention the movie screwed shows how people haven't followed him since the beginning... I actually seen half baked in theatres first week, own the vhs tape and got the DVD of screwed
You love DC niggas. You our biggest fan.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
so you been a fag for 2 hrs straight congratulations...now time for your oatmeal and will Smith watching
You up early talking faggot shit. Musta spent all nite with the lotion bottle watching awful 90s Chappelle movies. Nigga got gay in the brain. :smh:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You up early talking faggot shit. Musta spent all nite with the lotion bottle watching awful 90s Chappelle movies. Nigga got gay in the brain. :smh:
Actually got puss Y all this week how bout you old man?... Even told a few bgol cats b4 hand my plans for the week and everything came true other than fathers day cookout(weather was suspect)... Chick introduced me to a trini shark sandwich at this festival this weekend and I thanked her with various backshots and multiple nuts... Fucked two diff chicks over the week..plotting on a few now... How bout you old man how was your week? Did your kids get you anything oops forgot..how bout your wife oops forgot...hey at least 1 of us enjoyed ourselves

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Actually got puss Y all this week how bout you old man?... Even told a few bgol cats b4 hand my plans for the week and everything came true other than fathers day cookout(weather was suspect)... Chick introduced me to a trini shark sandwich at this festival this weekend and I thanked her with various backshots and multiple nuts... Fucked two diff chicks over the week..plotting on a few now... How bout you old man how was your week? Did your kids get you anything oops forgot..how bout your wife oops forgot...hey at least 1 of us enjoyed ourselves
Sounds good man. Congrats. My weekend was blessed. Thanks for asking.