San Antonio- Where are the spots?

Superman

Support BGOL
Registered
I will be in San Antonio in August for about 4 days/ Thurs-Sun. What are the best spots to hit up?

Superman

Support BGOL
Registered
There is not ONE good night spot to go to in San Antonio to meet some southern women down for some fun???

kayboy

Star
Registered
Good luck in your search for Southern women. You'd do better to revise that to Latinas. Many chicas - hit any bar on the Boardwalk for good drinks. Mi Tierra in Market Square for decent Mexican food, Tequila shots and Margaritas. Hit the Guadalupe for tubing fun. Great shopping in San Marcos - about an hour north of SA. That's about it.

ceedizzle

Rising Star
Registered
Any update on something to do in San Antonio? No way we don't have 1 BGOL member there. I'm in town for a week, gotta be something to do here. LOL PLEASE NO Riverwalk suggestions.

NorthSide314

Support BGOL
Registered
There's the oldest black owned bar here called Tucker's Cozy Corner. They have some of the best drinks for cheap and they have a dj that spins soul music on the patio. There's the Studio, its the big 'black' club here. If you are older then 25go on friday only. There's a new spot on FM78 called FM78 lol. That's mostly military but you get some cute fit sisters in there. No mexicans the times i've been there.

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
perhaps you can ask around some black folks at these restaurants

1 soul food
http://www.mamaleessoulfood.com/

another restaurant i found online a person wrote,
2 Mr. and Mrs. G’s in San Antonio, TX. Only one problem, they close to early and aren’t open on weekends and they shut it down for family vacations and special occassions. I’ve been known to play hookey from work just to get there..
Mr. & Mrs. G's Homecooking and Pastries cafeteria at 2222 S. W.W. White Road,

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Good luck in your search for Southern women. You'd do better to revise that to Latinas. Many chicas - hit any bar on the Boardwalk for good drinks. Mi Tierra in Market Square for decent Mexican food, Tequila shots and Margaritas. Hit the Guadalupe for tubing fun. Great shopping in San Marcos - about an hour north of SA. That's about it.

he meant the riverwalk

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
There's the oldest black owned bar here called Tucker's Cozy Corner. They have some of the best drinks for cheap and they have a dj that spins soul music on the patio. There's the Studio, its the big 'black' club here. If you are older then 25go on friday only. There's a new spot on FM78 called FM78 lol. That's mostly military but you get some cute fit sisters in there. No mexicans the times i've been there.

there's also Posh nightclub, located on broadway inside loop 410. Nice crowd, though somewhat younger in general. Don't know how old the OP is......did'nt know about FM 78 lol...

ceezbeats

Support BGOL
Registered
Man fuck the clubs n bars.....Goto UTSA to catch some women...The ratio is crazy there. Just go post up and they will fall in your lap.

muddbone32

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I'VE BEEN TO CLUB STUDIO AND PULLED A FEW SISTAS FROM THERE,SOME LATINAS TOO.. ITZ OK AT BEST THOUGH, OLDER CROWD, BUT I'VE SEEN IT HITTING BEFORE... KINDA HIT & MISS CLUB

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I'VE BEEN TO CLUB STUDIO AND PULLED A FEW SISTAS FROM THERE,SOME LATINAS TOO.. ITZ OK AT BEST THOUGH, OLDER CROWD, BUT I'VE SEEN IT HITTING BEFORE... KINDA HIT & MISS CLUB

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

yeah the quality there has gone down over the years IMO, but its usually packed on saturday night, or friday if there is a singer/performer/comedian in town. Coco lounge at the intersection of 281/1604 is a decent spot depending on what you like. Some bangers in there.

CUB2006

Banned
I'm here in the Westin LaCantera... Brought my gal, her son, and my son to celebrate their birthdays next week. Im really enjoying the resort, however I need to ditch the kids so here and I can enjoy more of the city today..:yes::yes::yes::yes:

King David

Support BGOL
Registered
The Studio if you don't mind the "hood" crowd. I liked Posh while I was there. Was especially good on Tuesday or Thursday night if you are over 30. I don't remember which night it was of the two but they had a live jazz band to start out that plays everything including oldies and transitions to a DJ after 10 pm.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
well, the studio nightclub was closed a few years ago. The owner of the place paid someone to drive onto Ft Sam houston army base (I work there)in an attempt to kill his girlfriend. Motherfucker tried twice to get her. He is in prison and the Studio is now a boarded-up building. Posh Ultralounge is gone. the FM 78 somebody referred to is called UPTOWN 78, and it is still here. They have Breathe lounge on 410/Broadway. Of course, everything is still shut down due to COVID. Come during the summer (mainly between July-sept) and there are a couple of jazz festivals that take place down here. Overall though SA sucks.