Official Samsung S24 phone series. UPDATE: FOLD 6 ON THE WAY

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I had a galaxy tab that I haven't turned on in a few months. A couple days ago I tried to turn it on and that bitch won't even charge up. Until I get this tablet working....... Fuck Samsung.
which model?

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nah, boring. my Pixel 3 was perfect. The 6 has too many bugs and not all were fixed with this big update that just came out. The fingerprint sensor still sucks.

Yeah that update has my 5 buggy too. I get the system ui not responding damn near daily and shits getting annoying.

I may need to make that move too

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
These phones seem meh. Bring back the micro sd card slot.
That idea is dead as Dillinger Pra. :smh:

W0fZTO.jpg

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Yeah that update has my 5 buggy too. I get the system ui not responding damn near daily and shits getting annoying.

I may need to make that move too
yep, i get that too. and randomly it will ask me to put in my pin instead of using the fingerprint. chrome freezes a lot too, but i have no problems with it on my other devices.
yeah, time to upgrade. i went from that (Tab A 10.1) to the S7+. flawless device.

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
yep, i get that too. and randomly it will ask me to put in my pin instead of using the fingerprint. chrome freezes a lot too, but i have no problems with it on my other devices.

yeah, time to upgrade. i went from that (Tab A 10.1) to the S7+. flawless device.

I was actually thinking about getting the S7 and almost pulled the trigger but a little voice in my head said "HOLD UP". Then I saw it at Costco and to me it looked small. Plus I was thinking that shit may crash like the Tab A.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
I was actually thinking about getting the S7 and almost pulled the trigger but a little voice in my head said "HOLD UP". Then I saw it at Costco and to me it looked small. Plus I was thinking that shit may crash like the Tab A.
s7+ is the bigger model. much bigger than the 10.1. The device has never crashed on me. They are on sale now i believe, unless you want to splurge on the S8. not that much of a difference in terms of specs.

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Now ya'll piqued my interest . What's got ya'll loving it so much? In an S21 now but always down for a new gadget.

It's so functional. The convenience of the front screen but when you want to really be productive with multitasking, typing out an email/text, work related tasks (for me), videos, games, etc...that fold out screen is crazy! Seem-less integration between the two and the 120hz refresh rate is butter.

It's a great device

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
People are sheep.
Companies take away more shit, take the control away from consumers and charge them even more for it and people couldn't be happier.
Software companies put you on a rental plan.
What good is high res on a tiny ass screen?
No headphone jack means you have to keep buying rechargeable battery-powered headphones that limit your usage time unless you buy more than one and bluetooth codecs are still substandard.
No SD card is to push you toward the use of cloud services. Where else are you gonna store your media...oh wait...you're not because you pay monthly to streaming services for music, movies and games.
In the end, you're just buying an expensive micro camera/media player that makes calls and texts.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
People are sheep.
Companies take away more shit, take the control away from consumers and charge them even more for it and people couldn't be happier.
No headphone jack means you have to keep buying rechargeable battery-powered headphones that limit your usage time unless you buy more than one and bluetooth codecs are still substandard.
No SD card is to push you toward the use of cloud services. Where else are you gonna store your media...oh wait...you're not because you pay monthly to streaming services for music, movies and games.
In the end, you're just buying an expensive micro camera/media player that makes calls and texts.
Tell them how you really feel

and I agree

TimRock

BGOL Investor
People are sheep.
Good points and I agree. What phone do you use?

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I may have to grab the S8. My S4 has been good to me for years but I dropped it and it cracked.

Hopefully you all let us know how you like the S22. I'm still good with my S21+ will get the S23 Ultra next year. Hoping for a power brick in the box.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
My S5e tablet has 2560x1600 resolution and the A8 has 1920x1200. Hmm. But the processors are better in the A8 of course.

Anyway, I can get good exchange so I think I'll go for it.

BTW I LOVE my Z Fold 3. Love. It.

I've gotta stay away from Flossy because that dude will have me buying that 22 in a heartbeat.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
My S5e tablet has 2560x1600 resolution and the A8 has 1920x1200. Hmm. But the processors are better in the A8 of course.

Anyway, I can get good exchange so I think I'll go for it.

BTW I LOVE my Z Fold 3. Love. It.

I've gotta stay away from Flossy because that dude will have me buying that 22 in a heartbeat.
If your were to get the s22, what would you be giving up aside from the fold factor? Is the s22 better overall?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Good lawd. I'm trying to justify this. If I sell my pixel 6 pro for like $800 (with 4 cases), that's more than half right there. A little discount thru the job, that's about 20% off. I don't plan to buy another phone for another 3 years. Fuck it, I'm in.
So the phone will be $400 for you in the end..not bad

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am going to cop the S22 Ultra. Been holding on the the S9+ and it is time to upgrade.

Got the S21 Ultra day 1, gonna do the same for the S22. Only issue i've had with my S21 and still have is randomly my notifications will only vibrate not sound, started a few months ago after I used DND for the first time. Resetting the phone fixes the issue until it starts happening again randomly on it's own. A hard reset could potentially fix the problem but I don't feel like going through the work of backing up/restoring things on the phone.

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was debating giving iphone another shot but after I thought about it, I'm gonna end up missing the features the Galaxy brings to the table. Last iphone I tried was the XR and I was dying to have my Galaxy back after two weeks. Way too many limitations and complications.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
If your were to get the s22, what would you be giving up aside from the fold factor? Is the s22 better overall?

Dunno. Probably better specs and the pen inside the unit. Most likely a smaller battery because of that. Better camera for sure. Also the pen for the fold isn't the air pen or whatever they call it. I don't need any of those things and I love how big the fold is opened, and how small closed.

michigantoga

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good lawd. I'm trying to justify this. If I sell my pixel 6 pro for like $800 (with 4 cases), that's more than half right there. A little discount thru the job, that's about 20% off. I don't plan to buy another phone for another 3 years. Fuck it, I'm in.

The S21 Ultra shut everything down, I think the 22 will as well...

I know I'm doing at least two yrs with it myself