Official Samsung S24 phone series. UPDATE: FOLD 6 ON THE WAY

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Anybody get theirs yet? Got the Ultra yesterday. Definitely feels a little wider and heftier. The screen is certainly brighter as well. Haven't messed around with the AI features yet, but will get to that this weekend.

Do you have a case for it? If so, is the screen well protected? I didn't like the curved s22 ultra screen, because it was impossible to protect it. Even in the case the screen rose above the edges of it. Mine cracked underneath the glass when I dropped it once. I like the s pen but I think I'm going to stick with the flips from here on out. I want something for my brother with a big screen tho.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Do you have a case for it? If so, is the screen well protected? I didn't like the curved s22 ultra screen, because it was impossible to protect it. Even in the case the screen rose above the edges of it. Mine cracked underneath the glass when I dropped it once. I like the s pen but I think I'm going to stick with the flips from here on out. I want something for my brother with a big screen tho.
i have the Spigen Tough Armor. I know what you mean. This case rises above the edges so when you flip it over, you don't have to worry about the screen getting scratched.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Anybody get theirs yet? Got the Ultra yesterday. Definitely feels a little wider and heftier. The screen is certainly brighter as well. Haven't messed around with the AI features yet, but will get to that this weekend.

Have you compared the screen to your old phone? Can you see the difference?
Some more examples of what the screen looks like compared to others. Vivid is definately broken
hzchun6trkec1.webp

Last edited:

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Have you compared the screen to your old phone? Can you see the difference?
Some more examples of what the screen looks like compared to others. Vivid is definately broken
hzchun6trkec1.webp
Nah, I had already sent the s23u back. I have seen reports that samsung is addressing this. Good thing it's a bug and not a hardware issue

TimRock

BGOL Investor
@Drayonis

The Galaxy S24 is set to gain a vividness slider in an upcoming update to One UI. The setting might address some concerns that the Galaxy S24 is not as vibrant as in years past.

Modern smartphones carry some seriously impressive display panels. What used to be much more black and white is now pixel-peeping, with most smartphone displays coming in at 1080p, at the bare minimum.

The Galaxy S24 Ultra is currently one of the reigning kings when it comes to smartphone displays. At 1440 x 3120, subtle details in videos and images are easily seen. Of course, most content that we consume doesn’t come in such high resolutions, yet. However, this still translates to the overall experience, with apps and the phone’s OS looking as good as genuinely possible.

According to Ice Universe on Twitter/X, Samsung plans on releasing a software update that caters to those who want a more colorful display on the Galaxy S24. The new One UI update will add a “vividness” slider to the display settings. Moving that slider up will bring the vibrancy or saturation up. According to the source post, moving the slider up by one notch with get you a screen with “color similar to the S23 Ultra.” Two notches will get you a color recreation similar to the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
@Drayonis

The Galaxy S24 is set to gain a vividness slider in an upcoming update to One UI. The setting might address some concerns that the Galaxy S24 is not as vibrant as in years past.

Modern smartphones carry some seriously impressive display panels. What used to be much more black and white is now pixel-peeping, with most smartphone displays coming in at 1080p, at the bare minimum.

The Galaxy S24 Ultra is currently one of the reigning kings when it comes to smartphone displays. At 1440 x 3120, subtle details in videos and images are easily seen. Of course, most content that we consume doesn’t come in such high resolutions, yet. However, this still translates to the overall experience, with apps and the phone’s OS looking as good as genuinely possible.

According to Ice Universe on Twitter/X, Samsung plans on releasing a software update that caters to those who want a more colorful display on the Galaxy S24. The new One UI update will add a “vividness” slider to the display settings. Moving that slider up will bring the vibrancy or saturation up. According to the source post, moving the slider up by one notch with get you a screen with “color similar to the S23 Ultra.” Two notches will get you a color recreation similar to the Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Saw this yesterday. I hope it's true. I ended up keeping the damn phone (because although I hate the colors on the screen, it's still a pretty good phone)

All the complaining everybody did online pushed them to make a fix. Hopefully this will restore those "punchy colors" I like.

*and I'm always weary of internet leaks because they aren't always true. Keeping my fingers crossed.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Saw this yesterday. I hope it's true. I ended up keeping the damn phone (because although I hate the colors on the screen, it's still a pretty good phone)

All the complaining everybody did online pushed them to make a fix. Hopefully this will restore those "punchy colors" I like.

*and I'm always weary of internet leaks because they aren't always true. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Everything this dude Ice posts is true

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mine don't arrive til the 21st

TimRock

BGOL Investor

supposed to be next week.