Salute to these White Folk out here seeking justice for George Floyd and other victims of police & promising to change their ways

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
77358051_2641785046034966_4209870421769584640_o.jpg
101920639_2641785036034967_3898266893722583040_o.jpg
102291830_2641785086034962_6374266401145749504_o.jpg
101848731_2641785136034957_4811147701267726336_o.jpg
101848731_2641785136034957_4811147701267726336_o.jpg
102869758_2641785146034956_7693683747501113344_o.jpg
101760760_2641785109368293_3209881260780421120_o.jpg

:itsawrap:

DONE​

Gat dam

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Drew called the WRONG Play

as a vet he should be ashamed

unprepared can't thin on his feet needed more time in the film room

he stuck with the playbook and got exposed

all his OTHER white folks?

out here calling audibles and doing the option

so we FORGET what hey SAID about Kaep in the past

and that dink and dunk apology came up short.

thought the refs would call pass interference.

guess Drew arm really is done.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

'The only wrong thing to say is to say nothing,' Duchess of Sussex addresses George Floyd's death
In a video recorded for students graduating from her old high school in Los Angeles, Meghan, Duchess of Sussex called the current events in the US "devastating" and said she was sorry that children had to grow up in a world where racism still existed.​

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
They even say the flag shouldnt be carried flat or horizontal, always free and aloft. So every NFL game when they stretch out the flag. Guess what thats disrespect for the flag. I think i need to join Twitter and send it to him
They just need to knock it off with the anthem and flag-waving altogether anyway...this is NOT the Olympics and has SHIT to do with patriotism or national pride whatsoever.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Drew Brees Doesn’t Care About Black People
The NFL star addressed players kneeling during the national anthem in light of the current state of race relations in America.

Written By David Dennis, Jr.
Posted June 3, 2020

Source: Jonathan Bachman / Getty

There was a time I loved Drew Brees as much as any other athlete in the world. Back when I watched the NFL — before the league blackballed Colin Kaepernick for peacefully kneeling during the national anthem to raise awareness about the Black people killed by police brutality around the country — I was a diehard New Orleans Saints fan. As someone born in Louisiana, he was the savior for my favorite franchise. Then he spoke about Colin Kaepernick back in 2016:

“I disagree. I wholeheartedly disagree,” Brees told ESPN about Kaepernick’s silent kneeling protest. “Not that he wants to speak out about a very important issue. No, he can speak out about a very important issue. But there’s plenty of other ways that you can do that in a peaceful manner that doesn’t involve being disrespectful to the American flag… Like, it’s an oxymoron that you’re sitting down, disrespecting that flag that has given you the freedom to speak out.”

Not only was this a perfect embodiment of the “white moderate” Martin Luther King, Jr. warned us about “who is more devoted to “order” than to justice,” but Brees’ statement came on Aug. 29th, 2016 — exactly 11 years to the day since Hurricane Katrina made landfall in Louisiana.
Drew Brees owes so much of his legacy to the tragedy that was Katrina. Brees came to New Orleans in the wake of the storm and the way he catapulted the Saints to the playoffs and the eventual Super Bowl win in 2010 made him part of the story of the city’s rebuilding. And it is important here to note that Brees and his family have donated millions to the city beyond the revenue he brought as a singularly talented quarterback. However, his mythology is directly attached to a disaster that is a reflection of the racial inequalities Black folks face in this country.

Hurricane Katrina disproportionately displaced, killed and financially ruined Black people across the Gulf Coast region. The pitiful response by the United States government is just another shining example of the way Black folks are discarded in this country. This is the story indelibly linked to the legend of Brees. Which is why it was a stab in the gut for him to not understand why Black people would see the American flag as less than the symbol of hope Brees wants us to see.

I never cheered for Drew Brees after that.

Fast forward four years and we have even more proof of what we knew back in 2016: Colin Kaepernick was right. Colin Kaepernick was speaking to a real issue. And ultimately the only protest America will accept is a white protest. As the country recoils in horror at images of burning buildings and projectiles tossed across American cities in anger, Black America is reminding everyone that they didn’t accept peaceful protests, either.
As a reminder, these protests are a direct result of police murdering innocent Black people with the same fervor and frequency as they did back in 2016. While some in the world are coming around to understanding why Black people are angry, Drew Brees is sticking to the covering that makes him feel righteous in his indignation: the American flag.

This is what he said Wednesday when asked about players kneeling during the anthem in light of the current state of race relations in America:

He tried to clarify his statement with “I love and respect my teammates and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice… I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis.”

This… isn’t better. Sixty percent of Brees’ teammates are Black. He is in the epicenter of one of the most devastating racial injustices this country has ever seen and he wants us to protest in the way he sees fit. This is just a day after he joined in with an empty gesture of posting a #Blackouttuesday post on Instagram.

Drew Brees can pretend all he wants that it is about the flag or his grandfathers or whatever excuse he wants. This is about something else entirely. This is about another white man silencing Black people because they make him uncomfortable. This is anti-Black. This is why players are kneeling. If Drew Brees refuses to make way for solutions, then he is only standing in the way of equality. I don’t care how much he convinces himself otherwise.

If Drew Brees wants to be the hero he thinks he is, he needs to disentangle himself from his love of preserving white ideals and truly stand with Black people. Until then, he’s just an anti-Black football star in a city he’s betrayed.

200.gif

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I knew it.
Check the comments.
Wp up in arms. Saying the naacp is racist because it only helps black people.
:hithead:
Jesus Christ are they still taking volunteers for mars?

ShadyPat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Heather Morris Somehow Both Drags and Defends Her Glee Co-Star Lea Michele
By Chris Murphy@christress
Photo: Getty Images
It looks like would-be wig pooper Lea Michele has one (1) person somewhat in her corner and it’s her former co-star Heather Morris. On Tuesday, June 2, Michele was exposed as a bully on the set of Glee on Twitter by former co-star Samantha Marie Ware who claimed that Michele threatened to “shit in [her] wig,” prompting many who’ve worked with Michele, including Alex Newell and Amber Riley, to co-sign Ware’s allegations and share their own stories about how Michele treated them, well, like shit. Michele, who lost her sponsorship deal with Hello Fresh as a result of the backlash, issued an exclusive apology to People, claiming ignorance of the alleged wig comment while maintaining that she is not a racist.
While the court of public opinion is not on Michele’s side, Heather Morris, who played absent-minded cheerleader Brittany on Ryan Murphy’s cursed series, posted a screenshot on Twitter of a statement she most likely wrote on Notes app lending her support to the embattled Michele… sort of. “Let me be very clear,” Morris begins the convoluted message. “Hate is a disease in America that we are trying to cure, so I would never wish for hate to be spread to anyone else,” says Morris, most likely referencing the groundswell of Black Lives Matter protests that are currently sweeping the nation. “With that said,” Morris continues, “was she unpleasant to work with? Very much so; for Lea to treat others with disrespect that she did for as long as she did, I believe she SHOULD be called out.” Wow. Another deafening blow to whatever is left of Lea Michele’s character.

nstead of going long on the Michele criticism, however, Morris takes an abrupt turn and blames herself and the cast for putting up with Michele’s bad behavior for so long. “And yet, it’s also on us because to allow it to go on for so long without speaking out is something else we’re learning along with the rest of society.” Textbook victim-of-bullying behavior to blame oneself for the bullying instead of holding the bully accountable. Morris ends her statement by more or less saying, “no comment” as to whether or not she believes Michele to be a racist. “But, at the current moment, it’s implied that she is a racist and although I cannot comment on her beliefs, I think we’re assuming, and you know what happens when we all assume…” says Morris. Umm… what?

While we can only assume that Morris is implying that assuming makes “an ‘ass’ of ‘u’ and ‘me,’” Morris’s message vaguely in defense of Michele primarily serves to make an ass of Michele by clearly confirming that she was an absolute nightmare to work with. Given the character Morris played on Glee and her recent penchant for sharing interpretive dance pieces dedicated to victims of police brutality, we shouldn’t be too surprised that her statement on Lea Michele was incredibly confusing and ultimately not very helpful.

WHAT IN GOD'S EARTH IS THIS SHIT. Somebody please help this lady, she is having a seizure.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Lego Pulls Advertising for Police-Related Toys, Donates $4 Million to Fight Racism and Inequality
By Chris Murphy@christress
Photo: Warner Bros.
Lego is taking a firm stand in support of protestors and the Black Lives Matter movement. On Wednesday, June 2, Lego announced on Twitter that it would donate $4 million to “organizations dedicated to supporting black children and educating all children about racial equality.” The toy company behind the popular The Lego Movie franchise and The Lego Batman Movie did not stop there, however, as it went on to announce that it would remove any marketing for any toy sets that include police characters or are based around a police theme. An email acquired by Toy Book sent to Lego’s affiliate marketers requests removal of product listings and features for more than 30 Lego building sets, mini-figures, and accessories that include representation of police officers, firefighters, criminals, emergency vehicles, and buildings. Given the political undertones of The Lego Movie, it’s no surprise that Lego is putting its money where its mouth is in regards to issues pertaining to social justice. Everything is not awesome, but Lego is doing its part to fix that.

giphy.gif