Rosa Parks is 'too woke' for the GOP after mention of her race was removed from teaching materials

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
"'The Life of Rosa Parks' — this apparently is too woke by the Republican Party," she said, referencing a book by Kathleen Connors.

The book, which tells the story of Parks, a Black woman who refused to give up her seat to a white person, was among 176 titles banned in Florida's Duval County, according to the nonprofit PEN America. The Duval County Public Schools district at the time said the books on the list had not been banned but were under review.

In another incident, a textbook publisher used in Florida schools removed references to Parks's race in a draft lesson plan in an effort to comply with the state's Stop WOKE Act, legislation pushed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that limits instruction related to race and gender in schools. The Florida Department of Education later said the publisher was wrong to remove mention of Parks's race.

This is what republicans are doing while you niggas are worried about trannys in the wnba

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
"'The Life of Rosa Parks' — this apparently is too woke by the Republican Party," she said, referencing a book by Kathleen Connors.

The book, which tells the story of Parks, a Black woman who refused to give up her seat to a white person, was among 176 titles banned in Florida's Duval County, according to the nonprofit PEN America. The Duval County Public Schools district at the time said the books on the list had not been banned but were under review.

In another incident, a textbook publisher used in Florida schools removed references to Parks's race in a draft lesson plan in an effort to comply with the state's Stop WOKE Act, legislation pushed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that limits instruction related to race and gender in schools. The Florida Department of Education later said the publisher was wrong to remove mention of Parks's race.

This is what republicans are doing while you niggas are worried about trannys in the wnba
all republicans are not in FLA just like all gangstas in chicago don't represent all black people.

Florida GOP is banning these textbooks. If you want to not be included in lusting for transgender rights as a democrat then you need to give a fiscal conservative the benefit of the doubt of not caring about this.

tontotonto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If i was a democaratic congress person i would i would not participate in this perfomative bullshit. Let it pass in the house and the senate just so brandan can veto it when it reaches the whitehouse.....shit he could use it as a campaign ad.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
If i was a democaratic congress person i would i would not participate in this perfomative bullshit. Let it pass in the house and the senate just so brandan can veto it when it reaches the whitehouse.....shit he could use it as a campaign ad.
Now Wait a got damn minute now. People died for that representation. If they don't participate, how will their voices be heard?!