Roc Nation to lead NFL entertainment endeavors

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
He is playing both sides of the fence

Riding whatever wave is hot the moment.

This been his m-o
Yup. I would say he figured it out around the time of the fake Barney's boycott and how people started going on on his lack of consciousness. This happens quite a bit with big CEOS. It's social capital that corporations gotta have.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Jay-Z Talks NFL Deal, Colin Kaepernick: ‘I Can’t Control the World We Live in’
B
jayz.jpg

CREDIT: RMV/SHUTTERSTOCK
In an interview published hours after news broke of his surprise music-and-social-justice deal with the NFL, Jay-Z said one of his goals in the deal is to create a platform where statements of protest from players like former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who has essentially been drummed out of the N.F.L. for kneeling during the National Anthem, wouldn’t “have to take place on the field.”

Jay said on Monday that he hasn’t spoken with Kaepernick but hopes to do so soon. (Reps for Jay-Z, Kaepernick and multiple artists either declined or did not immediately respond to Variety’s requests for comment).

“He absolutely brought this conversation alive,” Jay-Z told the Wall Street Journal of Kaepernick. “We like to think that the way we build the [NFL’s social-awareness program] Inspire Change platform, that if anything close to that would happen in the future, then Kaepernick would have a platform where he can express himself and maybe it doesn’t have to take place on the field.”:hmm::hmm::hmm:

RELATED
Woodstock 50 Artists to Receive Millions Despite Festival Cancellation
Jay-Z Joins Forces With N.F.L. for Music and Social Justice Campaign

In the same interview, NFL Commission Roger Goodell said the league has sent letters inviting Kaepernick into the conversation on the league’s efforts, apparently without receiving a response.

Without naming names, Jay also said that working with people whose political opinions he doesn’t share with is a part of doing business.

“I’m black. That’s my world,” he said, adding that if he didn’t do business with wealthy business interests who he may disagree with politically, “then I couldn’t have any TV shows. I couldn’t put my platform on TV because I’m sure someone who owns the broadcast network has supported someone who I don’t believe should be in office.

“I can’t control, no one can control the world that we live in currently and people’s choice to vote self interests,” he continued, referring to “very, very rich people.”

Jay has criticized the NFL harshly in the past, turning down offers to perform during halftime (rapping in the song “Apesh–,” “You need me, I don’t need you/ Every night we in the end zone, tell the NFL we in stadiums too”). At a Miami concert in 2017, Jay told the audience, “I want y’all to understand, when people are kneeling and putting their fists up in the air and doing what they’re doing, it’s not about the flag, it’s about justice. It’s about injustice. And that’s not a black or white thing, it’s a human issue.” Sources say he even tried to talk Travis Scott out of performing with Maroon 5 at this year’s Super Bowl Halftime, presumably out of support for Kaepernick.

He also said in the Monday interview, in a line that was not quoted directly, that he felt comfortable becoming a leading voice for the Inspire Change because of the league’s ability to reach so many different people, even though he may not agree with the politics of some NFL team owners.

Goodell praised Jay-Z’s influence and impact on several generations of fans. “There’s really no one quite like him,” Goodell said. “When we talked about doing something together, the one thing that really stood out is both of us wanted to have an impact.”

The article concludes with Jay-Z essentially defending what some might perceive as sleeping with the enemy.

“We’re going through a tough time,” he said. “A lot of people are not agreeing with one another. And we have to just push it along a little bit. There’s no magic pill. No one is going to have the solution themselves. You just have to do your little thing to push it along.”

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Can I just repeat that I TOLD YALL these people are full of shit?

:lol::roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3:

Oh, there was many a feeling caught in previous Kap threads :lol:

Once again, Jay the business-man (much like Shaun King, blue vest and many others) is showing yall there's a lot of money and opportunity in social justice virtue signaling.

I respect it.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
This is very puzzling to me. He talked the talk, seemingly walked the walk. Now he's in bed with the NFL. The same league that shitted on Big Kap! I'm trying to see an angle here and I can't see it.

I trusted Jay
:hmm:

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude sold bk residents out to get the barclay center built which help push gentrification in bk... Not surprised by this move

Jay only cares about one color...

Green

Nigga been apart of the “system” for a minute now. Copied his all style office and fucking white Italian mobsters when he first dropped with a reasonable doubt... fast forward to about four years ago he suddenly super pro black and not afraid to talk that shit because he feels like he say and his money is enough to keep him Comfortable

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yes, but since super bowl performers don't get paid his "price"; is greater than zero. Much greater
Some of Y'all keep running that "artists don't get paid to.do the Superbowl " as if they don't benefit from doing it at all and are all stupid for doing it. You know theres a reason they do it, that's its not something just anybody can go do right?

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Man, get all the fuckin way outta here. Folks went in on Big Boi and Travis Scott for doing the Super Bowl. now because Jay Z's team gets to put it together, its a boss move?
Lol right.

And I just noticed Eric Reid thinks the "backlash" over Steohen Ross, owner f the dolphins , fundraising for Trump would actually last.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
An NFL Partnership Makes Jay-Z a Producer for the Super Bowl Halftime Show
By Jordan Crucchiola@jorcru
13-jay-z.w330.h330.jpg

Jay-Z. Photo: Craig Barritt/Getty Images

Jay-Z is expanding his business portfolio. It was reported today that the rap legend’s Roc Nation enterprise has entered a deal with the NFL to coordinate entertainment and work with the league’s social-justice initiative. It’s a high-profile partnership, considering both the size of Jay-Z’s celebrity and his association with Colin Kaepernick, the former pro quarterback who was seemingly exiled from the league after he began protesting police brutality by taking a knee on the field during the national anthem. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell told the New York Timesthat “we don’t want people to come in and necessarily agree with us; we want people to come in and tell us what we can do better.” Jay-Z said in a separate interview that “the NFL has a great big platform, and it has to be all-inclusive. They were willing to do some things, to make some changes, that we can do some good.”

In the past, Jay-Z has turned down offers to perform during the Super Bowl halftime show, and in the song “Apeshit” he called out the league by saying, “You need me, I don’t need you.” But as part of the contract between Roc Nation and the NFL, he will now be a halftime-show producer, which means, among other things, that we are likely now closer than ever to seeing Rihanna perform at the event. (Contract language states that Jay-Z is not obligated to perform, though he can choose to.) In addition to hooking up musicians to work with the league during the season, Roc Nation will connect to the league’s Inspire Change campaign, in which the NFL donates to causes chosen by players.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, get all the fuckin way outta here. Folks went in on Big Boi and Travis Scott for doing the Super Bowl. now because Jay Z's team gets to put it together, its a boss move?
Yes. Boss. Before they asked him to dance for them while they spit in people face. He said no. Now they want to partner with him. Aside of the creative control and politics he just tapped into a base thats double the nba in America.
Roc nation, tidal and all roc nation artist stock is up.

BGLR1212000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes. Boss. Before they asked him to dance for them while they spit in people face. He said no. Now they want to partner with him. Aside of the creative control and politics he just tapped into a base thats double the nba in America.
Roc nation, tidal and all roc nation artist stock is up.
Seems like he trying to have it both ways. I don't respect it. Certain things money shouldn't be able to buy.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lol I like how they called his ass right on out. Everyones a hypocrite in this lmaoooo
Eric isn't a hypocrite. His stance was NEVER to boycott the NFL. He always said he deserved to play and should have the right to peacefully protest. He told his employer BEFORE signing contract he would absolutely continue to kneel and speak open and honestly on related matters. He has.

That isn't hypocrisy.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Seems like he trying to have it both ways. I don't respect it. Certain things money shouldn't be able to buy.
Performing and having input is two different things. That’s what the whole movement was for in the first place. He ain’t master p doing it just for himself. So far recently jay been doin things to empower the minority’s.
Am I the only one that sees what he doing