Roc Nation to lead NFL entertainment endeavors

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
No I didn't.
I can already imagine it however
Basically this dude said that Kap and Eric Reid were not as qualified as Jay to lead or represent “the struggle” because they are biracial and where they grew up. Essentially saying that you have to be dark skinned and poor to feel the burden of racial oppression. Then said Nessa can’t speak at all because she’s not black. All in all saying Jay-Z is above criticism for his deal and better suited to lead because he’s blacker than Kap.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Disagreeing with Kap that’s cool. But agreeing with Wiley and Whitlock that’s coon shit. Ain’t no way you black and you agree with that. Can we get a hand check on this dude?
I don’t disagree with kap entirely. Kap was getting benched and found a bigger purpose. I’m wit that. He stirred shit up. Then settled. Now it’s all about kap getting a job back. The real movement is stagnated. And I really don’t see what more he could do but protest more and donate. Might be time to just pass the ball kobe.

trappstarr82

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He kept it 100:yes:
Naw Wiley crossed the line. He didn't have to trash Kap and his girl like that to agree with Jay. It's a line between disagreeing and being disrespectful.

Kap being biracial should have nothing to do with him addressing black issues. Master W. Fard Muhammad was biracial and started one of the largest black movements in American history. Trashing Kap is not the answer.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Naw Wiley crossed the line. He didn't have to trash Kap and his girl like that to agree with Jay. It's a line between disagreeing and being disrespectful.

Kap being biracial should have nothing to do with him addressing black issues. Master W. Fard Muhammad was biracial and started one of the largest black movements in American history. Trashing Kap is not the answer.

There are some valid criticisms to make about Kaep, the biracial aspect is stupid.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kaep simped for one reason: he’s begging his oppressor to validate him. You got your game checks, endorsements, the NFL settlement AND a new sneaker deal. WTF else do you need from the league? They don’t want you! They confirmed they are racist and don’t give a fuck about police brutality. WTF does begging them for a job do your position of so-called strength??? You look WEAK! Stop begging a bitch ass league to love you. You’re a simp for that!

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
Kaep simped for one reason: he’s begging his oppressor to validate him. You got your game checks, endorsements, the NFL settlement AND a new sneaker deal. WTF else do you need from the league? They don’t want you! They confirmed they are racist and don’t give a fuck about police brutality. WTF does begging them for a job do your position of so-called strength??? You look WEAK! Stop begging a bitch ass league to love you. You’re a simp for that!

Not sure that it's universal that they don't give a fuck about police brutality. They don't want "wokeness" amd their bottom line to converge. Now we all know that the whole "sanctified flag and military worship" is phony. It was always about money. Plus the fact that concessions and bathrooms are open during the anthem is bullshit. However, as I've said before, I don't think the owners have a problem with the players speaking out on social media. I still can't grasp how Kaep began this journey during the rise of T.Rump and didn't take into account the stupidity of the country. If T.Rump can diss veterans, brag about walking into under age beauty contestants locker rooms,grabbing pussies, mock disabled reporters with ZERO repercussions, how did CK think his stance was gonna come off repercussion free?

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My post ain’t say nothing about the biracial part.
I’m talking bout the timing of when he was benched and passing the baton. I specifically mentioned that.
That part definitely was in the back of people mind. Very non political answer.
Sounded more like locker room talk not something expressed publicly. That’s why I said he kept it 100

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
thoughts?

this WHOLE thing instead of unifying?

Is really causing some serious divisions.

And I REALLY don't think Roc Nation and Jay Z planned this all right and predicted THIS reaction.

Jay don;t want his legacy attached to this.

and we all know how WELL hip hop handles disagreements right?

(I'm STILL holding out hope Jay can make all this make sense)

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this WHOLE thing instead of unifying?

Is really causing some serious divisions.

And I REALLY don't think Roc Nation and Jay Z planned this all right and predicted THIS reaction.

Jay don;t want his legacy attached to this.

and we all know how WELL hip hop handles disagreements right?

(I'm STILL holding out hope Jay can make all this make sense)

Fam Jay is a puppet

He was the one selected by these cacs and since they let him get as high up as he’s gotten he had to return the favor and show up at that meeting.

You don’t become a billionaire in America without playing ball. Especially a non-college graduate ex drug dealing rapper

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fam Jay is a puppet

He was the one selected by these cacs and since they let him get as high up as he’s gotten he had to return the favor and show up at that meeting.

You don’t become a billionaire in America without playing ball. Especially a non-college graduate ex drug dealing rapper

I know..

but Jay willing to lose ALL the GOOD WILL he done built up with black folk over THIS?

do you not even have 1% of a chance there is SOMETHING really positive for US to come out of this?

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know..

but Jay willing to lose ALL the GOOD WILL he done built up with black folk over THIS?

do you not even have 1% of a chance there is SOMETHING really positive for US to come out of this?

Fam he’s a billionaire

He ain’t gonna hurt over this bullshit.

And I absolutely do not think that anything is going to come from this agreement. like I said J is a puppet and it’s now his time to play ball for them they allowed him to fucking marry Beyoncé and build an empire he’s now got to go to bat for the masters that put him where he’s at.

Until we truly own some shit nothing will ever change in the NBA NFL or MLB

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
thoughts?
source.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fam he’s a billionaire

He ain’t gonna hurt over this bullshit.

And I absolutely do not think that anything is going to come from this agreement. like I said J is a puppet and it’s now his time to play ball for them they allowed him to fucking marry Beyoncé and build an empire he’s now got to go to bat for the masters that put him where he’s at.

Until we truly own some shit nothing will ever change in the NBA NFL or MLB

I have NOTHING to counter your viewpoint

and that sh*t hurts man.

really does.

I really have nothing more to REALLY contribute to this discussion.

But I WILL say this...

Colin gave his CAREER for this.

He paid enough. (I aint talking about no bullsh*t settlement)

But we can't just sit around and WASTE his sacrifice.

I CANNOT say that Colin OWES us sh*t

But I DO wish someone now speaks up and leads the NEXT phase of this.

https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/why-dont-we-have-a-strong-black-leader-s-to-speak-for-us.811609/

Cause Jay was NOT totally Completely wrong on that point (it was said horribly)

we DO need to continue the fight.

And I think that is why SO MANY HOPE that all this turns INTO something good.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
I know..

“I can’t help the poor if I’m i’m one of them ... “

Given Hov’s track record, and how calculating he’s been throughout his career, I'm sticking with this being a chess move. He seems to be the only one who understands that if you want REAL CHANGE, it requires capital and if Colin is collateral damage to that fight, so be it.

If Hov, as a billionaire, can do what he’s been doing for black people, which he owes no of us mind you, imagine what he could with the countries biggest league in his back pocket?

What bad can come of this except for the initial knee jerk reaction of, “you’re a sellout...” Small price to pay for better things on the horizon if you ask me.

I said in the earlier thread and I’ll say it again... time will expose the truth of what this deal really was about but given his record, I’ll go the optimistic route here.

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have NOTHING to counter your viewpoint

and that sh*t hurts man.

really does.

I really have nothing more to REALLY contribute to this discussion.

But I WILL say this...

Colin gave his CAREER for this.

He paid enough. (I aint talking about no bullsh*t settlement)

But we can't just sit around and WASTE his sacrifice.

I CANNOT say that Colin OWES us sh*t

But I DO wish someone now speaks up and leads the NEXT phase of this.

https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/why-dont-we-have-a-strong-black-leader-s-to-speak-for-us.811609/

Cause Jay was NOT totally Completely wrong on that point (it was said horribly)

we DO need to continue the fight.

And I think that is why SO MANY HOPE that all this turns INTO something good.

Erm (Nipsey) was probably the most authentic and true to himself rapper out in the game and we see what happened to my boy. I love Jay the nigga shares my birthday but he has been about self and opportunist from day one remember he had that Budweiser deal for the Super Bowl a couple years back too. The real ones are always stopped because their message is too powerful yet the snakes and the ones who know how to maneuver continuing which is why we are where we are

marcvoi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fam Jay is a puppet

when kapernick got the settlement, it left non profit organizations that supported him and grassroots movement left standings, hopefully they got some money but not hating on kapernick taking the bread but he also no longer go hard against the NFL leaving a void. whether how jay deceived or how he got to where he is hoepfully he continues his prison reform and other movement like getting lawyers for victims etc.. lets what happens but jay yeh he a hustler for sure. id like to hear jermaine dupri elaborate on this. rip nipsey would have been curious to hear his view given his close relationship at least business/industry associate with jay

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
when kapernick got the settlement, it left non profit organizations that supported him and grassroots movement left standings, hopefully they got some money but not hating on kapernick taking the bread but he also no longer go hard against the NFL leaving a void.
:confused:

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
I see this as a great business opportunity
Jay Z fight is not in the street with picket signs and megaphones he fights by showing us how to be dealt into the game instead of watching from the side line. The fact Jay was telling people not to fuck with the NFl was all before Colin accepted his settlement with the NFL. That sealed his fate with the league and now allow black businesses to partner with the league.
No deal can force a team to hire a player. There is a level of omitting wrongdoing by the league which is why they settled with Kaep.

I typed this in another thread
Yes Kaep took a stand and there has been wrong doing by the NFL at the time I was standing with Kaep. Kaep has to own some of this as well. He wasn't kicked out of the league for kneeling.
The protest was to bring a national discourse and discussion about the social injustice in America.
He still played the entire year and chose to opt out of his contract and miscalculated the market.
He had an opportunity to sign with Denver but declined the contract because it paid him 5 million less. Same with other teams like Seahawks and even the AAFL league he wanted 20 Million a year the leaguecouldn't even cover its payroll let alone pay him 20 million.
The Dolphins and Ravens were considering but needed the slightest reason not to sign him.
Not only that Kaep sitting on the sidelines not remaining active in this protest he allowed the original protest get hijacked by conservatives into making this about disrespecting the flag.
The NFL know they fucked up and caved under the pressure of the loudest voices. The squeaky wheel gets greases. Now they are trying to make amends and right their wrongs they have settled. Millions of dollars with the NFLPA they have settled with Kaepernick (undisclosed) leaked upwards of 70 million and now they are partnering with RocNation. They offered Jay a deal why should he turn down the money when Kaepernick nor the NFL Player union turn down the money. The partnership with Jay is between His company and the NFL. It's not to get Kaep a job in the NFL. It's to consult the NFL Entertainment division and provide Avenue and platform with the existing Social change platform initiative. Jay isn't to bring peace to the middle east or stop all Police Brutality but he has injected as a partner to stop the NFL from making the initial mistake they made by alienating their black fan base. Jay will have alot more influence than all of us Twitter and hashtag Warriors. Why would I not want to support a product that employs the largest number of African American Millionaires. If there is a way to improve relations with players fans and owners by bringing in a black consultant firm again what's the problem.
You made ssssooooooo many factual inaccuracies in your first couple of sentences that I just stopped reading. It still amazes me that in this day and age a person can be so uninformed.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Jay Z co-opted Kaepernick, it's just the way it is. He may have good intentions, but he effectively killed the career of another Black man for his own capital.

Colin is part of us, too, he is the culture also. Killing one to benefit another, just can't be the move. There had to be another way to make a power move.

I ain't fucking with Jay anymore. This was a BAD move.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Erm (Nipsey) was probably the most authentic and true to himself rapper out in the game and we see what happened to my boy. I love Jay the nigga shares my birthday but he has been about self and opportunist from day one remember he had that Budweiser deal for the Super Bowl a couple years back too. The real ones are always stopped because their message is too powerful yet the snakes and the ones who know how to maneuver continuing which is why we are where we are
Nip got too big.
Streets ain’t got no love. That’s where nip fucked up at. Too accessible to the hate from the streets.
Got that Grammy nomination. Niccas was like ahh hell no

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Not sure that it's universal that they don't give a fuck about police brutality. They don't want "wokeness" amd their bottom line to converge. Now we all know that the whole "sanctified flag and military worship" is phony. It was always about money. Plus the fact that concessions and bathrooms are open during the anthem is bullshit. However, as I've said before, I don't think the owners have a problem with the players speaking out on social media. I still can't grasp how Kaep began this journey during the rise of T.Rump and didn't take into account the stupidity of the country. If T.Rump can diss veterans, brag about walking into under age beauty contestants locker rooms,grabbing pussies, mock disabled reporters with ZERO repercussions, how did CK think his stance was gonna come off repercussion free?
Even if it's just about money, it's one of the reasons football players get SO MUCH MONEY. It's part of their marketing that pays them. And his dumbass was trying to fuck that up.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
NFL & Live Nation have been partnered for years now.... but today a celebrity employee with equity is supposedly going to bring about change in community and NFL using Live Nation's capital?

After a collective call of bullshit - every celebrity personality or artist financially dependent on
I Heart / Clear Channel / Live Nation starts expressing support for Jay...
with the most desperate of them openly attacking or denigrating Kap and protesting NFL players

If Jason Whitlock & Paris Dennard agree with me on a matter of race politics or morals?...
you disagree?
me? no...

its really funny that the only parties in the NFL / JayZ RocNation deal with capital are the NFL & Live Nation

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

That's what Kaep gets. Him, his girl, and Reid. Jay said they can do their own thing. They got online trashing him . So they're getting what the give.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jay Z co-opted Kaepernick, it's just the way it is. He may have good intentions, but he effectively killed the career of another Black man for his own capital.

Colin is part of us, too, he is the culture also. Killing one to benefit another, just can't be the move. There had to be another way to make a power move.

I ain't fucking with Jay anymore. This was a BAD move.
Wonder about people feelings about this
Do you think roc would be where it’s at now if dame was still running it and they never split over a decade ago?