RIP Alan Rickman (Hans Gruber and Snape) has died of Cancer.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
damn he looked young in harry potter. thought he was in his 50s. thats that black hair wizard

rip

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Actor Alan Rickman, known for films including Harry Potter, Die Hard, Truly Madly Deeply and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, has died at the age of 69.

The star was suffering from cancer, his family said.

He became one of Britain's best-loved acting stars thanks to roles including Professor Snape in the Harry Potter films and Hans Gruber in Die Hard.

He also won a Bafta Award for playing the Sheriff of Nottingham in 1991's Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

A family statement said: "The actor and director Alan Rickman has died from cancer at the age of 69. He was surrounded by family and friends."

Tinman

I Haz Risen
Registered
alan-rickman.jpg

RIP

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
Didn't realize until recently that Die Hard was his first feature film. Up until then, it was stage and T.V. work.

That's some debut. Hans Gruber: one of the coolest villains of all time.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
His "Sheriff of Nottingham" in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves was the best part of that film.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn man. That shit taking everybody.

yup Lemmy,then David Bowie and now Alan..r.i.p to all 3

Patrick Stewart
Alan was perhaps our most distinctive and unique stage and film performer, with a voice and phrasing that teased and taunted, mocked and despaired. I first worked with him at the RSC in Peter Brook’s 1978 production of Antony and Cleopatra, with Glenda Jackson. As the Major-Domo of Cleopatra’s court he was commanding, witty and cynical. His world-weary tolerance of those around him stays with me vividly. He is irreplaceable.

Kate Winslet
Alan was an exceptionally warm and giving man and an utterly phenomenal actor and gifted director. I remember being so intimidated by him when we worked together when I was 19 [in Sense and Sensibility], because he had such a powerful and commanding presence. And that voice! Oh, that voice … But the reality of course, was that he was the kindest and best of men. He had the patience of a saint. He was a warm-hearted puppy dog, who would do anything for anyone if it made them happy.

Helen Mirren
Alan was a towering person – physically, mentally and as an artist. He was utterly distinctive, with a voice that could suggest honey or a hidden stiletto blade, and the profile of a Roman emperor. He was also a great friend, generous and social. He will be very missed by many.

Emma Thompson
Alan was my friend and so this is hard to write because I have just kissed him goodbye. What I remember most in this moment of painful leave-taking is his humour, intelligence, wisdom and kindness. His capacity to fell you with a look or lift you with a word. The intransigence which made him the great artist he was – his ineffable and cynical wit, the clarity with which he saw most things, including me, and the fact that he never spared me the view. I learned a lot from him. He was the finest of actors and directors. I couldn’t wait to see what he was going to do with his face next. I consider myself hugely privileged to have worked with him so many times and to have been directed by him. He was the ultimate ally. In life, art and politics. I trusted him absolutely.

Ian McKellen
When he played Rasputin, I was the Tzar Nicholas. Filming had started before I arrived in St Petersburg. Precisely as I walked into the hotel-room, the phone rang. Alan, to say welcome, hope the flight was tolerable and would I like to join him and Greta Scacchi and others in the restaurant in 30 minutes? Alan, the concerned leading man. On that film, he discovered that the local Russian crew was getting an even worse lunch than the rest of us. So he successfully protested. On my first day before the camera, he didn’t like the patronising, bullying tone of a note which the director gave me. Alan, seeing I was a little crestfallen, delivered a quiet, concise resumé of my career and loudly demanded that the director up his game.

Behind his starry insouciance and careless elegance, behind that mournful face, which was just as beautiful when wracked with mirth, there was a super-active spirit, questing and achieving, a superhero, unassuming but deadly effective.

I so wish he’d played King Lear and a few other classical challenges but that’s to be greedy. He leaves a multitude of fans and friends, grateful and bereft.

Sigourney Weaver
Alan’s enormous strength of character infused every role he played. Who else could have brought such pain and wit to Severus Snape? He used his talent always to make a difference, his production My Name Is Rachel Corrie being one of the most powerful examples.

will_right

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck man I liked this dude..great actor he was and plays a great villain R.I.P.

R.I.P Alan Rickman