Republican plan would raise minimum wage to $10 but only if businesses are required to ensure worker legality (Fuck your 15!)

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
These dinosaurs are trying to protect dirt cheap labor

In MD State for FY21 minimum wage is $11.75/HR and many other states its more than $10 now.

So $15 nationally is not much of a jump

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And you are going to think that small business are going to crumble under $15 federal minimum wage, yet only companies that do $500,000 a year in revenue is subject to minimum wage laws.
That I did not know....if that’s the stipulation, then my stance changes....

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Maybe they want everything to be owned by the big chains, so the majority of people in this country inevitably work for the supposedly hated oligarchs, giving them even MORE power. :dunno:
lol yeah man....When you have a conversation with the average “$15 or else” person, you realize that these are people who don’t think things all the way through.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Mom and Pop Diner? How many employees do you need to have before it’s no longer mom and pop? The name alone tells me it’s family run. Wait staff get paid like 2-3 dollars an hour.

The local mechanic? Nigga are you trusting anyone working for 7.50 an hour to touch your car? How many employees are at your local mechanic and how many do you think are making 7.50 an hour?

The seamstress is employing how many people? A seamstress can afford downtown rent but not pay her employees a few more bucks an hour?

If a similar place up the street can afford to pay their employees more, the question is why? Does that place provide a better product or service? Are they better business managers. We’re they better negotiators and got a better deal on rent?

The rules would be the same for everybody. If your business can’t survive an increase on the employee line, how could it survive any increase on a line item?

Not all businesses work the same. You're assuming they do and that's part of the problem.

HeavyArmz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not all businesses work the same. You're assuming they do and that's part of the problem.

Naw brother, I just know every person has the same basic needs. A roof over their head, clothes on their back and food in their bellies. I just believe that if you put in your 40 hours of work, at the end of the day you should have enough to meet those basic needs.

what’s the point of having a minimum wage if it does not meet the minimum needs?

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Republican's are evil geniuses...undercut a proper minimum wage increase by appealing to anti immigrant sentiment and implicitly blaming illegals for low wages as opposed to capitalist greed....you can increase the minimum wage to $15 and still mandate that everyone use E-verify but the powers that be (on both sides) dont really want to use E-verify...nice way to muddy up the waters

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Ez7X9wiWQAscmvs