Really Mississippi!!!!

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Yep
Lower class Black folks in Mississippi don't stand a chance.
I hope the younger generation takes note of this and GTFO ASAP
Yep, and poor to middle class white people are going to catch some hell too. A lot of the states in the south about to get a huge wake up call because of the people they elect. Georgia is becoming middle of the road so we could deal with the bullshit here but I feel sorry for Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama and Kentucky and Tennessee oh, and fucking Florida. Fuck it might as well throw in Louisiana.

arnoldwsimmons

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yep

Yep, and poor to middle class white people are going to catch some hell too. A lot of the states in the south about to get a huge wake up call because of the people they elect. Georgia is becoming middle of the road so we could deal with the bullshit here but I feel sorry for Mississippi, South Carolina, and Alabama and Kentucky and Tennessee oh, and fucking Florida. Fuck it might as well throw in Louisiana.
The same white folks that its going to effect the most, guess what they are going to do come election time...re-elect the same Republicans who voted to kill the bill.

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
You would have to pay me $500K to live in Mississippi.
And I'm not talking about having a job with that salary.
I'm talking about, just to live in that shithole, $500K.​

easy_b

BGOL Investor
You would have to pay me $500K to live in Mississippi.
And I'm not talking about having a job with that salary.
I'm talking about, just to live in that shithole, $500K.​
Is coming to a point where you have to leave the state to get proper medical care I don’t care how rich you are…..if you have a trauma issue this could be a very bad experience

Jumbodicc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lower class Black folks in Mississippi don't stand a chance.
I hope the younger generation takes note of this and GTFO ASAP
Didn't Mike Leach die because they didn't have a top tier trauma center close enough to him? Millionaire football coach couldn't receive quality from healthcare in time and he worked at Mississippi State University. White folks don't stand a chance either

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mississippi is going to Mississippi and there's nothing the rest of us can do about it;Just like they go to fastfood joints,Bingo,Juke joints,strip clubs and church they can go out and vote against the cac that's fucking em over.

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Racism is rampant in the U.S in general. There are black folks outside the U.S. saying what pay me 500K to live in the US with all the racism, killing, discrimination, etc etc etc. We will never have equality here. White folks are not giving up their power. And we see new racist blood coming in like Desantis, Majorie Taylor Green, Borbert, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, and others that are filling in the seats of the old guard.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Didn't Mike Leach die because they didn't have a top tier trauma center close enough to him? Millionaire football coach couldn't receive quality from healthcare in time and he worked at Mississippi State University. White folks don't stand a chance either
Exactly because most of the white population in Mississippi are poor as fuck they are the ones are going to catch the most hail. Black people can’t survive anything within reason we’ve been doing it sadly since we came to this fucking country but poor white people well their time is up.

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
Great point
:thumbsup:

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mississippi House OKs new court system — to be appointed by white state officials — for second-Blackest U.S. city, stoking tension
PUBLISHED WED, FEB 8 20231:55 PM ES

• The Mississippi House has approved the creation of a new court system within the capital of Jackson in which judges and prosecutors in the overwhelmingly Black city would be appointed by white state officials.
  • A bill creating the new court system passed despite intense opposition by Black legislators.
  • Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba, who like 80% of city residents is Black, reportedly said, “It reminds me of apartheid,” after watching the debate from the House gallery.
  • Local residents elect judges and prosecutors in every other county court system in the state.
The Mississippi House has approved the creation of a new court system in which judges and prosecutors would be appointed by state officials — who all happen to be white — for the capital of Jackson, which has the second-highest percentage of Black residents among U.S. cities.

The bill proposing the new court, which needs approval from the state Senate and governor to become law, was overwhelmingly passed Tuesday by a supermajority of white Republican legislators after intense opposition by Black Democratic legislators, news outlets reported.

The change would be a break from the rest of the state, where judges and prosecutors are elected by voters.

If approved by the state Senate and governor, the court system and its judges would preside over a so-called improvement district spanning Jackson’s downtown and shopping and entertainment areas.

Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba, who — like 80% of city residents — is Black, reportedly said, “It reminds me of apartheid,” after watching the debate from the House gallery.

If the new Jackson court system is approved by the Senate and governor, its judges and clerk would be appointed by the state Supreme Court’s chief justice, who is white.

And prosecutors would be named by the state attorney general, who also is white.

The bill’s author, Republican Rep. Trey Lamar, cited reports of Jackson’s high crime rate in arguing for the new system, as well as an expanded police force that is part of the legislation, the Mississippi Today news outlet reported.

“This bill is designed to make our capital city of Jackson, Mississippi, a safer place,” said Lamar, who lives more than 170 miles away from Jackson. He, like every one of his GOP colleagues, is white.

Rep. Ed Blackmon, a Democratic lawmaker and civil rights leader who opposed the measure and is Black, said, “Only in Mississippi would we have a bill like this … where we say solving the problem requires removing the vote from Black people,” the outlet reported.

Blackmon noted that the new court would handle both criminal and civil cases.

“This bill is about helping to fight crime?” Blackmon said, according to the Clarion-Ledger newspaper. “What does civil litigation have to do with crime in the state of Mississippi?”

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A lot of folks in MS believe in God.
Too religious for me.
They feel as if doing nothing means God will prevail.
Just some sad shit.​

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mississippi House OKs new court system — to be appointed by white state officials — for second-Blackest U.S. city, stoking tension
PUBLISHED WED, FEB 8 20231:55 PM ES

• The Mississippi House has approved the creation of a new court system within the capital of Jackson in which judges and prosecutors in the overwhelmingly Black city would be appointed by white state officials.
  • A bill creating the new court system passed despite intense opposition by Black legislators.
  • Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba, who like 80% of city residents is Black, reportedly said, “It reminds me of apartheid,” after watching the debate from the House gallery.
  • Local residents elect judges and prosecutors in every other county court system in the state.
The Mississippi House has approved the creation of a new court system in which judges and prosecutors would be appointed by state officials — who all happen to be white — for the capital of Jackson, which has the second-highest percentage of Black residents among U.S. cities.

The bill proposing the new court, which needs approval from the state Senate and governor to become law, was overwhelmingly passed Tuesday by a supermajority of white Republican legislators after intense opposition by Black Democratic legislators, news outlets reported.

The change would be a break from the rest of the state, where judges and prosecutors are elected by voters.

If approved by the state Senate and governor, the court system and its judges would preside over a so-called improvement district spanning Jackson’s downtown and shopping and entertainment areas.

Jackson Mayor Chokwe Antar Lumumba, who — like 80% of city residents — is Black, reportedly said, “It reminds me of apartheid,” after watching the debate from the House gallery.

If the new Jackson court system is approved by the Senate and governor, its judges and clerk would be appointed by the state Supreme Court’s chief justice, who is white.

And prosecutors would be named by the state attorney general, who also is white.

The bill’s author, Republican Rep. Trey Lamar, cited reports of Jackson’s high crime rate in arguing for the new system, as well as an expanded police force that is part of the legislation, the Mississippi Today news outlet reported.

“This bill is designed to make our capital city of Jackson, Mississippi, a safer place,” said Lamar, who lives more than 170 miles away from Jackson. He, like every one of his GOP colleagues, is white.

Rep. Ed Blackmon, a Democratic lawmaker and civil rights leader who opposed the measure and is Black, said, “Only in Mississippi would we have a bill like this … where we say solving the problem requires removing the vote from Black people,” the outlet reported.

Blackmon noted that the new court would handle both criminal and civil cases.

“This bill is about helping to fight crime?” Blackmon said, according to the Clarion-Ledger newspaper. “What does civil litigation have to do with crime in the state of Mississippi?”

They did a similar thing in Michigan with those emergency managers......

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel sorry for the Black folks there. They have no voice especially when you living hand to mouth. I got some family there that I never met.