Rapper YFN Lucci wanted in fatal SW Atlanta shootout

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
Atlanta rapper YFN Lucci is wanted on a murder charge following a shootout that left one man dead and another injured last month in southwest Atlanta, authorities said.
The 29-year-old, whose real name is Rayshawn Bennett, is wanted on murder, aggravated assault, participating in criminal street gang activity and a weapons charge, Atlanta police announced in a news release Tuesday.

Two others, 23-year-old Ra’von Boyd and 17-year-old Leroy Pitts, were arrested on similar charges in Miami for their alleged roles in the Dec. 10 shooting, authorities said.

James Adams, 28, was discovered with a gunshot wound to the head last month in the 900 block of Peeples Street, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution previously reported. Emergency crews were called to the scene about 5:10 p.m., but Adams later died.

A short time later, a second gunshot victim arrived at a nearby fire station with a wound to the abdomen, Atlanta police said. The 32-year-old survived his injuries, but investigators determined the shootings were related.

According to the police report, the shootout occurred in the 900 block of Dimmock Street and Adams’ body was dropped off nearby. Officers found multiple shell casings at the scene and the second victim at Fire Station 14, authorities said.

A $5,000 reward has been offered for information leading to Bennett’s arrest.

The popular rapper signed with Think It’s A Game Entertainment in 2014 and is probably best known for his 2016 song “Key to the Streets” featuring Gwinnett County-based rap group Migos. It was named one of the year’s 50 best hip-hop songs by XXL Magazine. A subsequent remix of the track featured Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz.

Anyone with information on Bennett’s whereabouts is asked to call Atlanta police. Tipsters can remain anonymous, and be eligible for the cash reward, by contacting Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-8477, texting information to 274637 or visiting the Crime Stoppers website.
https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-r...7yYS41GgHD1KOptQjLbzSOTPEVGiz9uBHvUGXKupmfDBU

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This dude made some pretty good music.....why is he getting into this shit?!

Man..... sad ish

Last edited:

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Atlanta rapper YFN Lucci surrenders after dropping new music video

An Atlanta rapper facing a murder charge in connection with a deadly shootout turned himself in to police Wednesday evening — but not before releasing his latest music video.

YFN Lucci, whose real name is Rayshawn Bennett, was being booked into the Fulton County Jail shortly before 11 p.m., Atlanta police spokeswoman Officer TaSheena Brown told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Bennett surrendered hours after releasing the video for the song “Rolled On” to his Instagram and Twitter accounts. The video was posted the day after Atlanta police announced he was wanted on murder, gang and weapons charges following a Dec. 10 shooting that left one man dead and another injured in southwest Atlanta.

Atlanta attorney Thomas Reynolds declined to comment on the rapper’s latest charges other than to say, “Every person has a presumption of innocence.”

Emails requesting comment from Bennett’s record label weren’t immediately returned Wednesday afternoon.

James Adams, 28, was discovered with a gunshot wound to the head last month in the 900 block of Peeples Street, the AJC previously reported. Emergency crews were called to the scene about 5:10 p.m., but Adams later died.

A short time later, a second gunshot victim arrived at a nearby fire station with a wound to the abdomen, authorities said. The 32-year-old survived his injuries, but investigators determined the shootings were related.

According to the police report, the shootout occurred in the 900 block of Dimmock Street and Adams’ body was dropped off nearby. Officers found multiple shell casings at the scene.

Two other suspects, 23-year-old Ra’von Boyd and 17-year-old Leroy Pitts, were arrested on similar charges in Miami for their alleged roles in last month’s shooting, Atlanta police said Tuesday in a news release.

Investigators have not released any additional details about what led to the shooting or said exactly how many people were involved. On Tuesday, police announced a $5,000 reward for information leading to the rapper’s arrest.

Dozens of people referenced Bennett’s wanted status after his latest video was posted to his social media accounts.

“They looking for you my boy,” one person wrote. Another said, “Ion think you wanna drop a song rn bro. Bad timing.”

Bennett, 29, graduated from Atlanta’s Crim High School in 2009 and is best known for his songs “Key to the Streets” and “Everyday We Lit.”

Prior to Wednesday evening, Bennett had been arrested three times in Fulton County since 2009, online records show. His previous charges included drug possession, driving under the influence of drugs and theft by receiving stolen property.

Court records appear to show Bennett’s drug charges ended in pre-trial diversion, though he did enter a negotiated plea to a reckless driving charge in late 2016 and received 12 months’ probation. The theft by receiving charge was ultimately dismissed.

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
YFN LUCCIHELD ON NO BOND... Alleged Murder Victim Part Of Rapper's Crew

3:12 PM PT -- YFN Lucci's attorney, Drew Findling, tells TMZ, "Our review of the initial evidence made available to us indicates there is no basis for any criminal charges against Rayshawn Bennett. We will continue our own independent investigation on his behalf."

12:47 PM PT -- According to the arrest affidavit ... YFN's being held behind bars on no bond. The alleged murder victim is James Adams ... a member of YFN's crew. Cops say Adams was seen on video before the shooting saying, "We're fitting to f*** this city up, man!" and "yeah, we're f***ing this city up!"

Authorities say YFN and the crew had been driving around a part of Atlanta dominated by a rival gang. Cops say on the night of the shooting ... the SUV "entered an oncoming lane of traffic and stopped on the left shoulder, allowing Adams and the front passenger of the vehicle, Ra'von Boyd, to fire multiple gunshots from assault rifle style firearms at people in the rival gang territory."

Cops say another guy, Kevin Wright, sustained at least one gunshot wound in the shooting while Adams was shot in the head by return gunfire. He died but not before cops say "Adams was manually ejected from the vehicle a short distance away -- his body left [on] the street."

6:14 AM PT -- YFN Lucci turned himself in late Wednesday night and is currently in custody at Fulton County Jail.

The 911 call that led to the felony murder warrant for YFN Lucci's arrest is disturbing ... a woman describing a man clinging to a moving SUV before he was left for dead.

TMZ's obtained audio of the 911 call a woman made in Atlanta last month when she saw a white SUV speeding by "with a man hanging out of the car." She says she eventually saw the man get shoved out onto the street.

The witness told the operator the victim appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and she desperately tried to get an ambulance to the location because the man was "still trying to fight for his life."

She remained on the scene while waiting for the ambulance, standing near the victim -- and said he was "taking his last breath" and he died moments later.

As we reported ... Lucci is wanted by Atlanta PD's homicide unit for his alleged role in the man’s death. We're told cops are looking to bring him in on multiple charges ... including felony murder, aggravated assault, participation in criminal street gang activity, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.

Atlanta PD's offering a $5k award for info leading to his arrest and indictment.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tm...alleged-murder-victim-atlanta-911-call-audio/

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Fuckin dumbass :smh:

x1S5rI.png

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah, apparently him and the homies were riding around in enemy territory looking for some rivals to shoot.

They saw some, exchanged gunfire and Lucci’s man got popped in the head. They rode around and pushed the dude that got shot in the head out of the car.:oops:
So how’s he charged for murder

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I was apart of his crew I wouldn't be after this cause to him he can just toss you out and keep going on with life.

I would of told him "Why we out shooting at niggas?when we making all this money"

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
its part of Georgia's "Party to a crime" or "Guilty By Association" law.
if you're the getaway driver in a robbery, but didnt participate in the robbery itself......you still get charged with the same counts as the person or persons that committed the robbery.
Whenever a person committing something like armed robbery or a drive by, if one of their team dies, the remaining offenders catch the murder charges.

Cats push one of their partners out the car, then it seems like folks got knocked and ratted him out. Some team. :smh:

Thanks for answering

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
I guess I’m getting old and shit but what is this “YBN”, “YFN” shit in front of these lil rappin niggas names these days? I’m not tryna fuck my Google search recommendation algorithms all the way up searching for the answer to this question :lol:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

3:12 PM PT -- YFN Lucci's attorney, Drew Findling, tells TMZ, "Our review of the initial evidence made available to us indicates there is no basis for any criminal charges against Rayshawn Bennett. We will continue our own independent investigation on his behalf."

12:47 PM PT -- According to the arrest affidavit ... YFN's being held behind bars on no bond. The alleged murder victim is James Adams ... a member of YFN's crew. Cops say Adams was seen on video before the shooting saying, "We're fitting to f*** this city up, man!" and "yeah, we're f***ing this city up!"

Authorities say YFN and the crew had been driving around a part of Atlanta dominated by a rival gang. Cops say on the night of the shooting ... the SUV "entered an oncoming lane of traffic and stopped on the left shoulder, allowing Adams and the front passenger of the vehicle, Ra'von Boyd, to fire multiple gunshots from assault rifle style firearms at people in the rival gang territory."

Cops say another guy, Kevin Wright, sustained at least one gunshot wound in the shooting while Adams was shot in the head by return gunfire. He died but not before cops say "Adams was manually ejected from the vehicle a short distance away -- his body left [on] the street."

6:14 AM PT -- YFN Lucci turned himself in late Wednesday night and is currently in custody at Fulton County Jail.

The 911 call that led to the felony murder warrant for YFN Lucci's arrest is disturbing ... a woman describing a man clinging to a moving SUV before he was left for dead.

TMZ's obtained audio of the 911 call a woman made in Atlanta last month when she saw a white SUV speeding by "with a man hanging out of the car." She says she eventually saw the man get shoved out onto the street.

The witness told the operator the victim appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and she desperately tried to get an ambulance to the location because the man was "still trying to fight for his life."

She remained on the scene while waiting for the ambulance, standing near the victim -- and said he was "taking his last breath" and he died moments later.

As we reported ... Lucci is wanted by Atlanta PD's homicide unit for his alleged role in the man’s death. We're told cops are looking to bring him in on multiple charges ... including felony murder, aggravated assault, participation in criminal street gang activity, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.

Atlanta PD's offering a $5k award for info leading to his arrest and indictment.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tm...alleged-murder-victim-atlanta-911-call-audio/
Nah, apparently him and the homies were riding around in enemy territory looking for some rivals to shoot.

They saw some, exchanged gunfire and Lucci’s man got popped in the head. They rode around and pushed the dude that got shot in the head out of the car.:oops:

Now this was just fucked up on so many levels
So how’s he charged for murder
if you're the getaway driver in a robbery, but didnt participate in the robbery itself......you still get charged with the same counts as the person or persons that committed the robbery.
Whenever a person committing something like armed robbery or a drive by, if one of their team dies, the remaining offenders catch the murder charges.

Cats push one of their partners out the car, then it seems like folks got knocked and ratted him out. Some team. :smh:

I learned this years ago from shows like “The First 48”, dudes would turn themselves in and say they were going to tell everything that happened because in their words “I was there but I didn’t shoot anybody“ The dude would drop everybody’s name, how they planned it, what part they played in the crime, and who shot the gun, at the end they would tell him stand up he’s under arrest and explain that law to him. I saw this same scenario play out for years and I bet if I watch one of those shows today some dude will be turning himself in doing it again

cashwhisperer

My favorite key is E♭
BGOL Investor
I guess I’m getting old and shit but what is this “YBN”, “YFN” shit in front of these lil rappin niggas names these days? I’m not tryna fuck my Google search recommendation algorithms all the way up searching for the answer to this question :lol:

I know YFN - Young Fly Nigga
NBA - Never Broke Again
YBN - ??? I forgot...

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor

All kinds of fucked up. Where’s the flag?! :smh:

This how you do your mans. Clinging to life and they trying to push him out the car instead of rushing him to a hospital.

Rap was supposed to be a way out of this type of lifestyle. But these fools just want to continue to perpetuate the same bullshit. :smh:

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The crime was against him. His car was shot at. Unless the other party comes and claims self defense and they can prove they planned an attack

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

How do they prove they intended a drive by.