R.I.P. to Legendary Georgetown coach John Thompson dead at 78

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Fucking 2020. :smh:

For all his greatness as Ewing, Mutumbo and Mourning’s coach, him saving Allen Iverson’s opportunity to have a basketball career is what I’ll always remember him for. He and Douglas Wilder (first black Governor of Virginia); after AI got railroaded because of that bowling alley fight; Wilder for springing him from prison early, and Thompson for giving him a shot at Georgetown when every other school in the country wouldn’t give him the time of day even though he was the best player in the country by far.

Hell of a BLACK man; may he rest well.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Fucking 2020. :smh:

For all his greatness as Ewing, Mutumbo and Mourning’s coach, him saving Allen Iverson’s opportunity to have a basketball career is what I’ll always remember him for. He and Douglas Wilder, after AI got railroaded because of that bowling alley fight; Wilder for springing him from prison early, and Thompson for giving him a shot at Georgetown when every other school in the country won’t give him the time of day even though he was the best player in the country by fear.
For all his greatness as Ewing’s coach, him saving Allen Iverson’s opportunity to have a basketball career is what I’ll always remember him for. He and Douglas Wilder, after AI got railroaded because of that bowling alley fight; Wilder for springing him from prison early, and Thompson for giving him a shot at Georgetown when every other school in the country won’t give him the time of day even though he was the best player in the country by fear.

Hell of a BLACK man; may he rest well.
couldnt say it any better..5 star response

r.i.p

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
R. I. P. to a legend!
Man it's getting to the point that any death that happens in 2020, you are not surprised anymore. You are expecting it. :smh:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
And there’s 3. RIP.

32599816-8681315-image-m-24_1598876652851.jpg

Ronald_Reagan_with_John_Thompson%2C_Patrick_Ewing_%28cropped%29.jpg