R.I.P. 'Tabby Diamond' - Lead Singer For Legendary Reggae Group 'The Mighty Diamonds' - Shot Dead In Jamaica - Age 67

Simply_Black

International
International Member
https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article...s-lead-singer-among-two-killed-drive-shooting

tabby-shaw.png

Reggae musician 'Tabby Diamond' of the legendary trio Mighty Diamonds is among two people shot dead on McKinley Crescent in the St Andrew South Police Division.

Three other people were shot in the drive-by attack.

The musician, whose real name is Donald Orlando Shaw, 67, was among a group seated on the roadway when they came under attack about 9:45 p.m.

They were rushed to hospital by residents where Shaw and another man were pronounced dead and three other people admitted with gunshot injuries.

About 'Tabby' Shaw and the Mighty Diamonds

1. The singer-songwriter has dedicated five decades to music

2. He was a part of the Mighty Diamonds with more than 40 albums.

3. Last year, Mighty Diamonds comprising Tabby, Lloyd 'Judge' Ferguson and Fitzroy 'Bunny Shaw' were bestowed with the Order of Distinction (Officer Class) for their contribution to the development of Jamaican music.

4. The Mighty Diamonds received their breakthrough in the mid-1970s with the song 'The Right Time' and were signed to Virgin Records before releasing their debut album Right Time in 1976.

5. The group gained fame with singles 'Country Living', 'I Need A Roof', and 'Pass The Kutchie', which was one of the tracks on the 1981 album Changes produced by Gussie Clarke.

A few minutes before he was shot dead enjoying himself at the venue in Jamaica.... :mad:

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey at least he went out Joyous.. that means a lot

in the Spiritual Realm....

RIPower to this BRUH..

THANKS FOREVER FO THE WONDERFUL VIBES!!!

Just out of curiosity does he OWN his music???

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
DAMN!!
How did that ricochet back to him?
Video above had some grey beards havin' a jam good time!
Terrible turn of events...
Unfortunately, that's just how it is in some parts of Jamaica...they can't get you but they can get him...of course, this is all just speculation still...his son's people must have did some shit recently so it came back his way

Simply_Black

International
International Member
RIP
Looks like some Quaco business...his son (or son in law) is a gangster and is locked up so he may have been targeted
DAMN!!
How did that ricochet back to him?
Video above had some grey beards havin' a jam good time!
Terrible turn of events...
Hey at least he went out Joyous.. that means a lot

in the Spiritual Realm....

RIPower to this BRUH..

THANKS FOREVER FO THE WONDERFUL VIBES!!!

Just out of curiosity does he OWN his music???

What is "Quaco"? I couldn't find it on the internets.

Unfortunately nowadays gangster business in Jamaica is all connected... the philosophy is "if I cant get you I'll get your family to hurt you and send a message"... it's sad and unfortunate but that's the rules now. Gone are the days when it was a fair fight and one on one with only the people directly involved... times have changed for the worse.....

.... I've always said and have been called a sell-out for saying, but I will continue to repeat it, that once you make it, take yourself and your family out the damn ghetto and never look back. You can always help the people you love and left behind from a distance... but sticking around because you want to stay true to your roots and be with your people will only get you fucked up in end.... unfortunately there is too much bad mindedness, hatred and envy especially amongst ghetto people... not all but too many... that the effects of people living in impoverished conditions with little or nothing to live for.

zedi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What is "Quaco"? I couldn't find it on the internets.

Just to add on, Quaco is inherited from Akan's Kwaku (meaning born on Wednesday). His other name is Anansi. In the non-violent interpretation, Anansi the spider was known for being slick and crafty, but also carrying the secrets to your blessings. So, the original saying which translates to "if you can't catch Kwaku, catch his shirt", turned into if can't catch the dude you looking for, catch his next of kin. In Jamaica specifically, that morphed into a series of violent, vengeful acts that never seem to end.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Unfortunately nowadays gangster business in Jamaica is all connected... the philosophy is "if I cant get you I'll get your family to hurt you and send a message"... it's sad and unfortunate but that's the rules now. Gone are the days when it was a fair fight and one on one with only the people directly involved... times have changed for the worse.....

.... I've always said and have been called a sell-out for saying, but I will continue to repeat it, that once you make it, take yourself and your family out the damn ghetto and never look back. You can always help the people you love and left behind from a distance... but sticking around because you want to stay true to your roots and be with your people will only get you fucked up in end.... unfortunately there is too much bad mindedness, hatred and envy especially amongst ghetto people... not all but too many... that the effects of people living in impoverished conditions with little or nothing to live for.
Only thing I disagree with is the "especially amongst ghetto people" but I cosign the rest...reality tends to kick idealism in the ass so make sure you and your family safe

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Just to add on, Quaco is inherited from Akan's Kwaku (meaning born on Wednesday). His other name is Anansi. In the non-violent interpretation, Anansi the spider was known for being slick and crafty, but also carrying the secrets to your blessings. So, the original saying which translates to "if you can't catch Kwaku, catch his shirt", turned into if can't catch the dude you looking for, catch his next of kin. In Jamaica specifically, that morphed into a series of violent, vengeful acts that never seem to end.
Respect for the knowledge drop Boss

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Only thing I disagree with is the "especially amongst ghetto people" but I cosign the rest...reality tends to kick idealism in the ass so make sure you and your family safe

Respect....

Just going by personal experience and observation from my early years living in Jamaica (Kington 13 area)... but I appreciate that everyone's experience is different so may have a different outlook.

Last edited:

Multi - Personality

Rising Star
Registered
RIP Legend

Shit like this is why my mom doesn't even want to go back home...:angry:
My Father and Mother in Law has stated the same as well...

People are running up on anyone that looks like money in JA.

Mother in Law said that her old house has messages on her Voicemail with death threat warnings....and she's just a teacher in JA...She's never going back.

We have a family house down there, but my father just gave it up to family members that already live there because of the violence...

:smh:

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Respect....

Just going by personally experience and observation from my early years living in Jamaica (Kington 13 area)... but I appreciate that everyone's experience is different so may have a different outlook.
Not discounting your experience at all Boss...just saying don't let the other classes in Jamaica off the hook...it might take a different form than in the ghetto but the corruption and bad mind goes all the way to the top...what can be more bad mind than literally selling out the country while you line you pockets?...people just don't call it bad mind

West Endian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Father and Mother in Law has stated the same as well...

People are running up on anyone that looks like money in JA.

Mother in Law said that her old house has messages on her Voicemail with death threat warnings....and she's just a teacher in JA...She's never going back.

We have a family house down there, but my father just gave it up to family members that already live there because of the violence...

:smh:
House and Land...my mother told me to let my cousins deal with it.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Respect....

Just going by personal experience and observation from my early years living in Jamaica (Kington 13 area)... but I appreciate that everyone's experience is different so may have a different outlook.

Hey Im not starting any conspiracy or anything.. Im just saying.. its mighty fuckin strange,

that after over forty years of blessing the world with golden music...

AS SOON AS THAT FAKE ROYALTY GETS DISS AND DISSMISSED IN THEIR JAMAICA TOUR....

and it goes around the globe they got treated like cac trash in jamaica....

and not only that, their presence called for reparations.....next thing you know

days later a legend is gone...

Im not saying this is the case.. Im just sayin it was

the SERIES OF EVENTS.....

WHAT A FUCKIN COINCIDENCE!!!

is all IM SAYIN!!!