R.I.P. Robbie Shakespeare - World's Greatest Reggae Bassist - Dead At 68....

Simply_Black

International
International Member
What real bassists do- Atia Jo who was better than all these characters
even you tried to circumscribe them with their limited little genres

Atia Jo- better bassist than all these characters put together

The bassist of Orc Virunga- better than all these character put together

Better bassist than all these characters in their one instrument music put

Different genre to Reggae music which Robbie Shakespeare is known for ,,,, but I'll take the bait and challenge you to name another Bassist except Shakespeare who has collaborated and played with musicians across all other genres from Bob Dylan, Grace Jones and others... no other bass player in the history of music has collaborated with and had hits across so many genres....

Collaborations[edit]
With Grace Jones

With Jackson Browne

With Peter Tosh

With Joe Cocker

With Gary Barlow

• Sing (Decca Records, 2012)
With Sting

With Joan Armatrading

With Sinéad O'Connor

With Garland Jeffreys

With Carly Simon

With Mick Jagger

With Bob Dylan

With Yoko Ono

With Serge Gainsbourg

With Culture

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Who cares about all these fools? The reason why your music is weak is because
you judge yourself by the validation of white people. We are better than all of
you, including your white people whom you worship.

All the musicians I have posted here are fringe musicians in East and Southern
Africa. My point is that there is no need to invoke the best, since even our ordinary
musicians are better than your best.

You really need to stop this rubbish about who is better... real music appreciation is not about classing music on levels but by simply appreciating that each genre makes different music for all to listen and like...

... one person's genre may not be for another...

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Different genre to Reggae music which Robbie Shakespeare is known for ,,,, but I'll take the bait and challenge you to name another Bassist except Shakespeare who has collaborated and played with musicians across all other genres from Bob Dylan, Grace Jones and others... no other bass player in the history of music has collaborated with and had hits across so many genres....

Collaborations[edit]
With Grace Jones

With Jackson Browne

With Peter Tosh

With Joe Cocker

With Gary Barlow

• Sing (Decca Records, 2012)
With Sting

With Joan Armatrading

With Sinéad O'Connor

With Garland Jeffreys

With Carly Simon

With Mick Jagger

With Bob Dylan

With Yoko Ono

With Serge Gainsbourg

With Culture

You should not have dignified that piece of shit with an answer...what kind of individual disrespects a RIP thread...a complete fuckery

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I am glad you raised this question. Earlier in the week, I had a thread dedicated
to the great Malian singer, Kasse Mady Diabate, whom I accidentally discovered
to have died 3 years before. It was titled as a RIP thread, and I was stunned when
woodchuck, simply_black and a few others jumped in and started disparaging Kasse
Mady Diabate, taking very condescending exception to the fact that I had called him
a legend in the title.

Really, you want to play those games?

The responses received in that thread were consistent, and incessantly hostile, to
the point where I decided that it was not worth it and deleted the thread, and let
that go

Yesterday, I started a thread on a song by Kanda Bongo Man, and who jumps in to show
me up in that thread? Simply_black, because he must have surmised after my quiet
response to the Kasse Mady thread, it would be open season on my posts.

So you can cry a river, but I do not care. As Papa Wemba sung in the classic masterpiece,
Adida Kiesse "Oyo olingi basala yo te; kosala mpe moninga te" (="that which you do not
want done to you; do also not do to a friend"
)

If what you said happened actually occurred, then the people who said that were out of pocket and deserve to be checked for it

Stop disrespecting the RIP thread

peterking

HYON
Platinum Member
889de3b7bb3e10b00696e07ba65e0ed1abbe5d9d.jpg

RiP.....