R.I.P Ramsey Lewis Jazz Legend

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
true ramsey story....he was here at the detroit jazz fest a few time but his very last time here on the main stage at hart plaza ramsey was
getting ready to set up to play i think it was his second or third cut and the whole joint got whisper quiet,,and all out of no where this guy
standing right in front of me yelled out THATS MY NIGGA,,,you could have heard this man voice from off the canadian side then remsey
looked up at us and dropped with one of the best version i ever heard of wade in tha water then the whole place went ape shit...all you
seen was this smerk on his face when he dropped the fist notes...shit was epic yo ramsey threw some of the best jazz fusion concerts besides
herbie and wyane shorter........R.I.P to a legend....

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
I remember being in music school in college after hours, hearing some really juicy piano being played. As I walked past a classroom, I saw my instructor standing by listening while Ramsey played.

of him he eulogized in 2006:

"Mack was one of the few musicians in the world who was at home in front of a symphony orchestra, a jazz big band, an R&B group," said jazzman Ramsey Lewis, who made several albums with Mr. Mack."

Rest In Peace to both of these legends.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh no!!! Damn, RIP Mr Ramsey Lewis!! Dang, you had to be there in mid 70's too really feel the vibe!!!

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
rip to ramsey lewis

as posted here, we old heads were into him during those 70's soul-jazz era as shorties: ramsey, donald byrd and the blackbyrds, etc. good times

an era continues to slip away forever, but the sounds live on

Right on, bruh... Well said!!!

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
♪ ♫ Don't it feel good, Ramsey ♫ ♪

(a statement, not a question)

RIP Brotha!