Quietly Democrats did really well in Georgia this election cycle

Z MONSTER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm from out of state and some of our best and brightest moved to the ATL in the 90's. I'm glad to see it's making a difference in the elections.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I'm from out of state and some of our best and brightest moved to the ATL in the 90's. I'm glad to see it's making a difference in the elections.
I moved to the ATL in the 90s. Another thing this state is becoming blacker by the minute.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Hopefully the Dems will be victorious in 22
It’s a very good possibility I told people a couple weeks ago don’t pay attention to Virginia the Democrats actually did really well everywhere else.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
What position let alone action of Abram's could anyone disagree with?

Folks just want to be contrary. At this point I think they are just rooting for dems to fail because they want to be right and also want to be able to say black folks made it happen. Cutting their nose to spite their face by giving up what power we do have to elect people who will attempt to work for us in order to let people who mean black folks no good gain power and weaken our voice even more. They are worried about immigrants diluting our vote, but they are diluting it themselves and sitting back without comment over black folks being gerrymandered out of choosing their own representatives like they are doing in Tx. Like I said in the other thread, Joe Madison is on a hunger strike right now over voting rights, and these folks are trying to talk folks in to staying home.

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Folks just want to be contrary. At this point I think they are just rooting for dems to fail because they want to be right and also want to be able to say black folks made it happen. Cutting their nose to spite their face by giving up what power we do have to elect people who will attempt to work for us in order to let people who mean black folks no good gain power and weaken our voice even more. They are worried about immigrants diluting our vote, but they are diluting it themselves and sitting back without comment over black folks being gerrymandered out of choosing their own representatives like they are doing in Tx. Like I said in the other thread, Joe Madison is on a hunger strike right now over voting rights, and these folks are trying to talk folks in to staying home.

:smh:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I think you're missing the point of what SOME are saying. It's they are sick of cac liberals pulling the fucking strings. The black vote is the democrats ROCK, yet black voters aren't making demands and are letting white liberals dictate the pace. Folks stay getting lead to the slaughter(see the 90s and I could bring up another period but it's too soon).

Folks are just highlighting that democrat wins(see the 90s) don't necessarily equate to black community wins. That 'first black (insert position') ' doesn't necessarily equal win for the community. Not if the strings are pulled by white liberals. Cleveland had one of the first black mayors and years of black mayors since then. Had the token female mayor.

And guess what? Driving through Cleveland while black is always an adventure. They targeted legal black gun owners after our state introduced CCW. They been policing for profit for decades. Yet and still, the masses keep falling for the black faces or adding the female touch to fuckery. Some people are just sick of the shit. They want to demand more, but masses keep falling for the same fucking hustle over and over and over again. It's why people quit politics. :smh:

And yes, democrats are better than republicans. We know that. It's just the reactions you are seeing is the backlash to trickle down politics. Folks are sick of being pissed on and told it's raining.

Unlike most others on the board who are hardcore for the party, you're reasonable. But even still, you are missing the larger point here.

Let me ask you these things: Are you familiar with that Malcolm X video about democrats? If so, do you agree or disagree with Malcolm? What Malcolm X said 60 years ago relates directly to why folks are like 'meh' about Abrams. So seeing whether you agree or disagree with Malcolm X himself is important to the discussion. Others have avoided addressing Malcolm X like he didn't even exist. There is a reason they didn't teach him in schools when I was growing up(graduated in the 90s). :smh:

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think you're missing the point of what SOME are saying. It's they are sick of cac liberals pulling the fucking strings. The black vote is the democrats ROCK, yet black voters aren't making demands and are letting white liberals dictate the pace. Folks stay getting lead to the slaughter(see the 90s and I could bring up another period but it's too soon).

Folks are just highlighting that democrat wins(see the 90s) don't necessarily equate to black community wins. That 'first black (insert position') ' doesn't necessarily equal win for the community. Not if the strings are pulled by white liberals. Cleveland had one of the first black mayors and years of black mayors since then. Had the token female mayor.

And guess what? Driving through Cleveland while black is always an adventure. They targeted legal black gun owners after our state introduced CCW. They been policing for profit for decades. Yet and still, the masses keep falling for the black faces or adding the female touch to fuckery. Some people are just sick of the shit. They want to demand more, but masses keep falling for the same fucking hustle over and over and over again. It's why people quit politics. :smh:

And yes, democrats are better than republicans. We know that. It's just the reactions you are seeing is the backlash to trickle down politics. Folks are sick of being pissed on and told it's raining.

Unlike most others on the board who are hardcore for the party, you're reasonable. But even still, you are missing the larger point here.

Let me ask you these things: Are you familiar with that Malcolm X video about democrats? If so, do you agree or disagree with Malcolm? What Malcolm X said 60 years ago relates directly to why folks are like 'meh' about Abrams. So seeing whether you agree or disagree with Malcolm X himself is important to the discussion. Others have avoided addressing Malcolm X like he didn't even exist. There is a reason they didn't teach him in schools when I was growing up(graduated in the 90s). :smh:

Camille knows the deal but she's not going to admit that... she knows what I said in the other thread is the truth, no cap

People are just tired of it honestly, and she knows that too well, also income is important maybe for some of these hardcore democratic shills if the ball in the real world like that they don't feel it as we do not make much like that.

Philanthropy has taken over America for the most part and people really got that church spirit where they lend feelings and emotions to someone in need and in their mind that's doing something, it's like praying.... truth be told.

That's how I see democrats, they don't do anything special but it's a symbolic attachment to the party, we give hugs and pray and talk about "these poor people" and how we can help but we don't do anything at all but the hustle works since it brings out emotions and in many people's mind it's doing something.

I think that's who Camille is, I don't know her but she gives off those vibes or someone like that but that's definitely most black folks who do well honestly, they don't do shit but show "concern" and then socialize around your failures and what you couldn't do my dad is a good example of that and I think that whole mentality really came from the church but the media has been able to take it outside the church and into most homes.

It wasn't like this in the old days, people didn't play games if you didn't help them they don't mess with your period.

Why don't the democrats tackle the crime? They don't know the music is a problem but never tackle that because half of them their favorite rapper is 2pac but don't know any of his lyrics? We can go on and on, the poverty in the community is why they have a job, they know this, and helping us hurts their pocket. all a hustle.

No different than the University of Miami getting black doctors to talk to black people lol, we know the deal.

The hustle is tired now because these people don't represent us, they look like us but do little for us, where's school loan relief? Where's the expansion of WIA outside of the shit community college and trades with a $4500 limit? They can do much more.

They are lucky they got such a large amount of independent black women to think about themselves and what they want and they target them mostly, not the men... you see why.

Stacey Adams is a democratic shill, we know the POC routine already and helping to get more blacks to vote and helping offenders get back to being able to vote, we know the routine it's the same garbage...

1. HBCUS
2. Register to get folks to vote
3. grants for black women business ventures

Basically it, nothing will change so I don't understand how folks can say they don't understand how some folks feel.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
But even still, you are missing thLet me ask you these things: Are you familiar with that Malcolm X video about democrats? If so, do you agree or disagree with Malcolm? What Malcolm X said 60 years ago relates directly to why folks are like 'meh' about Abrams. So seeing whether you agree or disagree with Malcolm X himself is important to the discussion. Others have avoided addressing Malcolm X like he didn't even exist. There is a reason they didn't teach him in schools when I was growing up(graduated in the 90s). :smh:
They don't teach many things in American schools. They don't teach history because they’re not interested in talking about Civics. They won't dare open the taxation without a representation box.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

If you are speaking of the video VAiz posts all the time, yes I have watched it. I agree in theory, but dems do not have a large majority, and haven't for some time. White liberals turned against Obama and sat out the midterms. Biden does not have the votes to pass what should be a basic non controversial agenda, let alone something black people specific. If congress did try to pass something black folk specific, challenges up to the supreme court, which is majority conservative thanks to sitting out on Hillary, probably wouldn't be in our favor. Black folks tend to vote and then that's it. Other groups are lobbying, showing up at townhall events, making sure they are heard. Should black folks HAVE to do this? No. That's not reality though, people are going to react and respond to what is directly in our face, and we aren't always there. When we are, MSM doesn't cover it, like they do with other groups.

Do the voters not bear any responsibility for shitty representation? In Cleveland, when it was determined that a candidate wasn't about their business, why didn't they vote them out during the primary? Why keep electing the SAME democrat?

People around here are not acknowledging that dems are better, they are saying they are the same or worse than the GOP, even though it is the GOP that passes legislation to target black folks, that is trying to suppress our vote, stop our activism when we do choose to protest, and who are trying to erase the black vote totally in texas and other places. They are the ones against police reform and gun control. I'm, not even a registered democrat, but I vote based on what is practical, and now days that is usually going to be a democrat.

You have folks on here who have admitted they want to see the system fail, they think black folks not voting is the way to do it, and are telling people not to vote. Steve Bannon wants to see the system fail too. Both these BGOL folk and Bannon thinks their people will come out on top when the dust settles, yet there can be only one, and with us being 13% of the population, and not all on the same page, I don't think it will be us.

Malcolm is right in that dems don't get elected if black folks don't show up, but being 13% of the population in a 2 party system, black folks also don't get their agenda passed on their own without other racial groups as allies. BGOL has already conceded they don't see a path to their agenda via the GOP, yet they don't want to put dems in power, and want to complain about their agenda not getting passed. Does that make sense to you? In order for us to be a majority vote there would have to be 6+ parties more or less evenly divided, and the one party for black folks would have to have 100% of black people in it, voting in unison. How likely to you think it is that something like that happens? Withholding our vote only lets white folk who mean us no good elect the people who will decide what is taught to our kids, what laws are passed, etc. Do you think its a good idea to have the GOP deciding this? They don't want black American history taught at all.

Home schooling, black alternative schools etc, are nice, but not practical or available for everyone.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
maxresdefault.jpg

Malcolm-X.jpg

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
If you are speaking of the video VAiz posts all the time, yes I have watched it. I agree in theory, but dems do not have a large majority, and haven't for some time. White liberals turned against Obama and sat out the midterms. Biden does not have the votes to pass what should be a basic non controversial agenda, let alone something black people specific. If congress did try to pass something black folk specific, challenges up to the supreme court, which is majority conservative thanks to sitting out on Hillary, probably wouldn't be in our favor. Black folks tend to vote and then that's it. Other groups are lobbying, showing up at townhall events, making sure they are heard. Should black folks HAVE to do this? No. That's not reality though, people are going to react and respond to what is directly in our face, and we aren't always there. When we are, MSM doesn't cover it, like they do with other groups.

Do the voters not bear any responsibility for shitty representation? In Cleveland, when it was determined that a candidate wasn't about their business, why didn't they vote them out during the primary? Why keep electing the SAME democrat?

People around here are not acknowledging that dems are better, they are saying they are the same or worse than the GOP, even though it is the GOP that passes legislation to target black folks, that is trying to suppress our vote, stop our activism when we do choose to protest, and who are trying to erase the black vote totally in texas and other places. They are the ones against police reform and gun control. I'm, not even a registered democrat, but I vote based on what is practical, and now days that is usually going to be a democrat.

You have folks on here who have admitted they want to see the system fail, they think black folks not voting is the way to do it, and are telling people not to vote. Steve Bannon wants to see the system fail too. Both these BGOL folk and Bannon thinks their people will come out on top when the dust settles, yet there can be only one, and with us being 13% of the population, and not all on the same page, I don't think it will be us.

Malcolm is right in that dems don't get elected if black folks don't show up, but being 13% of the population in a 2 party system, black folks also don't get their agenda passed on their own without other racial groups as allies. BGOL has already conceded they don't see a path to their agenda via the GOP, yet they don't want to put dems in power, and want to complain about their agenda not getting passed. Does that make sense to you? In order for us to be a majority vote there would have to be 6+ parties more or less evenly divided, and the one party for black folks would have to have 100% of black people in it, voting in unison. How likely to you think it is that something like that happens? Withholding our vote only lets white folk who mean us no good elect the people who will decide what is taught to our kids, what laws are passed, etc. Do you think its a good idea to have the GOP deciding this? They don't want black American history taught at all.

Home schooling, black alternative schools etc, are nice, but not practical or available for everyone.

When you ask why didn't things change in Cleveland you are kind of making my point for me. Cleveland is just a super concentrated example of national politics and the black community. Put a democrat face on bullshit. When that gets tired, change the face to black. Rely on the apathy of black voters. Rely on programing and fear mongering.

Cleveland is like getting a glimpse into national politics future. We did the Obama thing 40 years before the nation.

You're right. We need allies, but what we don't need is those allies dictating the pace and putting THEIR interests first. And that's what we got. Illegals >>>black issues. LGBTQ>>>black issues. What the fuck ever white hipsters come up with >>> black issues. And I'll be damn if those groups didn't manage to conflate their issues with ours. During the boogeyman years, they tried to post the random black illegal(since black immigrants most likely to be legal than anyone) to pull heart strings. When that Haitian shit went down under Biden, dry eyes for Maddow and them. BLM was hijacked by letter people. Well, shit they created it. :smh:

What could are allies when they the ones using us? Straight pimp game since the Civil Rights movement opened doors for them. Our folks opened the doors and ended up HOLDING the doors open for others.

Malcolm warned us. Cleveland warned us. But here we are, falling for the same shit.

All of us here want the best for the black community and are calling each other names(I'm as guilty as anyone) because WE(collectively) been allowing our vote to be pimped for decades. These slick white liberals got us fighting each other while they stay winning. This board is just a representation of a greater conflict in our community. And Malcolm called that shit like he time travelled.

How do we make the party work for us? Simply voting hasn't worked. As we seen with this board and the Internet, making demands and holding them accountable gets folks called republicans. So what's the answer?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Excellent post. I don’t get why the sheep cannot see this. It is no excuse at this point as most of these posters are pushing retirement age :smh:

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Excellent post. I don’t get why the sheep cannot see this. It is no excuse at this point as most of these posters are pushing retirement age :smh:
Well that's the point. Most of BGOL don't even have kids in grade school. Think about if they did and realized the sick shit these weirdo alphabet cacs pushing in schools. Since most of the active posters are successful, they might not even have grandchildren yet because their kids are probably establishing themselves financially before having kids.

And best believe a lot of that family/school shit is going to play into coming elections.

BGOL posters some older, Grey Poupon cats. Average wealth of active posters in political threads around here probably makes the Asian-American number look bad. They are out-of-touch. The ones democrats rely on to stay in power while offering crumbs. Type of cats who succeeded despite 8 years of Bush. Survived Clinton and the lockdown/killer 90s. Won't even count Trump because all he did was tweet, but BGOL cats have the luxury of screaming 'fascists' while deciding which $80k car to cop next. Can't make up the disconnect.

2 years since the country felt those pig protests and what has been offered? What executive order? Shit, how was the bully pulpit used to chick pigs? Bet folks would settle for some 'mean tweets' putting pigs in check since words mattered so much 16-20. Can't even get that, but will fund police. Instead, all the dashikis have been thrown in the hamper until they need to be washed and brought out for the next election. :smh:

Shit is beyond embarrassing.