POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered
You right I find Meth terrible on here....not Zeke and Yasmien bad but it really ain't because Meth is bad its the writing and role....his dialogue sucks lol.
It's the role they have him.playing
When cane had the gun on him in the car
I wanted meth to go street and explain the game to cane. They hinted that meth is a reformed street and red is doing his bod. That's was the perfect time to build meths character out.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
You right I find Meth terrible on here....not Zeke and Yasmien bad but it really ain't because Meth is bad its the writing and role....his dialogue sucks lol.
I was trying to find the right words to describe why Meth isn’t that good to me and I think writing and the way he delivers the lines are it. I try to give Yasmine a pass for being a child actress but she‘s just horrible…lol
They changed his sound from last season to make him sound more like an educated crooked lawyer. It's not working. They did him like dude that plays Rza.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanted meth to go street and explain the game to cane. They hinted that meth is a reformed street and red is doing his bod. That's was the perfect time to build meths character out.
Bingo! The problem is the role he's playing. I've seen Method Man be a decent actor with the right character and dialogue.
Him trying to portray an uppity attorney just doesn't fit. He can still portray a professional that's closer to who he really is.
I know attorneys that are still a little hood, but still good at their job.
They could have had him playing more of a hood attorney than what they got him portraying.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree..

I don't think they clever enough to write that....it wouldn't shock me if they never even address the Redman shit ever again this season lol.

Lorenz tate and his brother do circles around everyone. Their experience shows.

You can tell Larenz acting really too good for this shit. :lol: It rears its ugly head every time he's on screen or acting with other actors....

They changed his sound from last season to make him sound more like an educated crooked lawyer. It's not working. They did him like dude that plays Rza.

Did they? Shit I thought he talked like this last season too.

Worldboss5000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw it aint. That's how certain women are for certain guys.
Never for me but I have seen it happen.

yeah I get that but homes doesn’t even spit ANY game like “damn you’re beautiful” or some shit pop up with flowers take them out to eat or buy them anything that nigga would not be pulling them bad bitches with out zero wordplay or effort even ghost was romancing Angela so idk shit is weird to make homes this lady’s man he don’t really fit that image to me

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Lorenz tate and his brother do circles around everyone. Their experience shows.

I went from disliking Tate, to him being my favorite character

Him and method man

at least you know their intentions, Tate is trying to get the draws and political power. Method Man is trying to get money.

Everyone else on this show is annoying

Especially goofy ass looking Greg Oden and his faggot ass hair. I hate how they're showing the gay romance even more this season.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Best actors on the show are Cane and Meth. I thought MJ would be a lot better

I don't know who is a good actor and who isn't, because they all look bad. It's like being on a bad basketball team, the stench rubs off.

because Carrie, Saxe, Zeke, Mecca, Lorenzo, Stereotypical ghetto college chick and Mary look so fuckin bad

The dead professor might have been worse than Zeke.

Lauren, Meth, Cane, Dru, Tate seem competent

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Acting wise, Mary has no range.

Zeke. I have no idea what is going on with that cause the actor isn't like that in real life.

I don't know who is a good actor and who isn't, because they all look bad. It's like being on a bad basketball team, the stench rubs off.

because Carrie, Saxe, Zeke, Mecca, Lorenzo, Stereotypical ghetto college chick and Mary look so fuckin bad

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
yeah I get that but homes doesn’t even spit ANY game like “damn you’re beautiful” or some shit pop up with flowers take them out to eat or buy them anything that nigga would not be pulling them bad bitches with out zero wordplay or effort even ghost was romancing Angela so idk shit is weird to make homes this lady’s man he don’t really fit that image to me
he getting more than cane, zeke, and brayden combined lol

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

Shit they made him a drug kingpin, criminal mastermind, gangsta (I got a bullet for all them Tajadas) so I guess he can be playboy too..lol

Especially goofy ass looking Greg Oden and his faggot ass hair. I hate how they're showing the gay romance even more this season.

Shit pissed me off last night when they showed them in the dark, I was like damn who is this getting some pussy now and then it was to the 2 faggots all wrapped up

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Yeah forgot to add Tate

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished Power Book II season, thought it was entertaining and the women on the show were fine especially Carrie the Professor. Damn she fine! Reading these comments are hilarious, some of y'all taking this way too seriously. I've watched soap operas my whole life and white soap operas do the same unbelievable shit but it draws you in to keep watching, Power is no different. It's pretty much like every other soap I've watched. Crazy unrealistic storylines but for some reason it works. This shit is entertaining and I'm excited to see season 2.

Worldboss5000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished Power Book II season, thought it was entertaining and the women on the show were fine especially Carrie the Professor. Damn she fine! Reading these comments are hilarious, some of y'all taking this way too seriously. I've watched soap operas my whole life and white soap operas do the same unbelievable shit but it draws you in to keep watching, Power is no different. It's pretty much like every other soap I've watched. Crazy unrealistic storylines but for some reason it works. This shit is entertaining and I'm excited to see season 2.

season 1 is way better then season 2

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, I mean I get that it's just entertainment...but when they put out a show with blatantly bad acting and writing, we gonna talk shit about it. It's like they write the scripts and never stop to think, hey, does this make any sense at all? :lol:

Some hot women, and interest in its universe though(all the power shoes) keep me paying some attention to it. That, and I'm playing the game "take a shot when Mary changes her facial expression" and I haven't has one fuckin drink in 2 years!!! I wanna get at least one damn shot!

everybody tripping...

i like the show!

its TV!

madgoose

International
International Member
So last week was a big episode. This week reminds me of a comment that somebody on the board made about the original Power show somewhere after or around season 3. "It's become a soap show". And I'm suppose to believe that Tariq come up and run that Ocean's 11 scheme whilst handling a double murder! Nah:smh:

I misheard something @16:00 Tariq say"we need weight, right?", I thought I heard him say "we need Ray Ray"! I knew I misheard it but it made me remember how greasy and how long that kid had been grimey.

I was going to rate Dru a "Bad boy fruit", thinking to myself, yeah there is some gangster batty boys out on road, "but the opp crashed that thought when he let himself get rushed and he had to man handle him, when a double tap could have been all the workout he needed" .

But when the bomb drops. Which one of you said "Aunty how long did you know?", a few weeks back????? Yeah boy, raise your hand, you was wrong, but not very wrong. Maaad ting! All a dem looking like Goldfish gulping air. Ol' boy didn't even know how old he was!!!

Certain people
exit to get exited
, convenient though.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know I'm critical of this show and its bad but man this week's episode was funny as hell. :lol: The whole Zeke explanation.....I was just in tears....this dude really is slow.......it was confirmed this week. :lol:

I went from disliking Tate, to him being my favorite character

Him and method man

at least you know their intentions, Tate is trying to get the draws and political power. Method Man is trying to get money.

Everyone else on this show is annoying

And what's crazy is that I don't even think we are suppose to like Tate's character lol.

She be looking right but man this another example.....why every time we see her she sitting down in that classroom? They don't have NOTHING else to offer her character? :lol:

everybody tripping...

i like the show!

its TV!

Normally, I can suspend belief....I mean we sit here and watch flying cat's with red beams coming out of their eyes....I can suspend belief but this show is insulting to its viewers lol.

At times it gets so bad its almost like its parodying other shows of this genre.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So last week was a big episode. This week reminds me of a comment that somebody on the board made about the original Power show somewhere after or around season 3. "It's become a soap show". And I'm suppose to believe that Tariq come up and run that Ocean's 11 scheme whilst handling a double murder! Nah:smh:

I misheard something @16:00 Tariq say"we need weight, right?", I thought I heard him say "we need Ray Ray"! I knew I misheard it but it made me remember how greasy and how long that kid had been grimey.

I was going to rate Dru a "Bad boy fruit", thinking to myself, yeah there is some gangster batty boys out on road, "but the opp crashed that thought when he let himself get rushed and he had to man handle him, when a double tap could have been all the workout he needed" .

But when the bomb drops. Which one of you said "Aunty how long did you know?", a few weeks back????? Yeah boy, raise your hand, you was wrong, but not very wrong. Maaad ting! All a dem looking like Goldfish gulping air. Ol' boy didn't even know how old he was!!!

Certain people
exit to get exited
, convenient though.
This shit just silly as hell. But I think this Power series was always intended to be a SOAP. I think tis always been one I Just think it doesn't come as a SOAP in the traditional sense because its far more violent but its for sure a soap opera.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
Everytime they do that close up shot of Mary J Blige's face

close-up-eyes-cow-portrait-morning-sunlight-calf-face-selective-focus-beef-cattle-close-up-eyes-cow-portrait-morning-153547615.jpg

madgoose

International
International Member
Who the fuck leaves a Ferrari, a GT40 and a Porsche GT2RS in a hangar with a plane AND the product is conveniently left on the deck in crates?
Surely the product would be kept in the plane in case shit goes wrong and you can get that plane off of the ground, then your away, with the goodies.

And I'm sure that is the Hummer from Shottas, "she a drive one red 'umma!"

Diana flossing a lot of chest @48:58

Last edited:

madgoose

International
International Member
Yeah I digged this one. Someone else was writing or directing.. one of the better ones.

That's what 3 associate producers, 3 story editors, 2 staff writers, a 1st & 2nd assistant director, a script supervisor, a script coordinator, a writers assistant do.

No wonder 50 got 7 types of various accountants watching his outgoings!