POWER Book all seasons discussion thread (Power Book II: Ghost canceled )

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if ya'll read what that network exec said...he said in a nutshell the show got cancelled NOT because the qaulity went down or viewership declined...but because of the success and high ratings thru 3 seasons they would be inclined to HAVE TO PAY PEOPLE MORE MONEY FOR EACH SUBSEQUENT SEASON AFTER THE 3RD!

now imagine HBO cancelling The Sopranos after 4 seasons even tho the show is at a ratings high and winning umpteen emmys??

How about NBC cancelling Friends in season 4??

The Big Band Theory etc.. In fact when have you heard of a white cast show getting cancelled even tho the ratings were high solely because NOW they have to pay people what theyre valued is worth??
Like I was saying, Starz money is getting tight!!..They don't have Lionsgate to partner and help fund their projects like that no more!!..So, I believe that's the reason they are cancelling some of these shows!!..Also, they have new projects that's coming out on Starz....

Also, some of these shows are long over due and ran it's course!!..

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
if ya'll read what that network exec said...he said in a nutshell the show got cancelled NOT because the qaulity went down or viewership declined...but because of the success and high ratings thru 3 seasons they would be inclined to HAVE TO PAY PEOPLE MORE MONEY FOR EACH SUBSEQUENT SEASON AFTER THE 3RD!

now imagine HBO cancelling The Sopranos after 4 seasons even tho the show is at a ratings high and winning umpteen emmys??

The Big Band Theory etc.. In fact when have you heard of a white cast show getting cancelled even tho the ratings were high solely because NOW they have to pay people what theyre valued is worth??

While that is extremely fucked up, they probably knew that was a possibility and that's why you're better off focusing your energy on more valuable spinoffs.

GuessWho21212

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Streaming is the model for the future and according to that Starz exec, this strategy of cancelling shows after 3-4 seasons originated from Netflix, so I guess in a way it makes sense. Also, this brings up the what 50 Cent was saying back when Taraji was complaining about pay disparities and he said he insisted that Starz paid Mary J. Blige appropriately for her star power. Her salary re-up alone was probably enough for the execs to put a target on this show's back. The rest of the cast (except Method Man) really doesn't have a ton of major roles in their filmography, this show was a breakout for most of them.

My hope is that as Starz replenishes their roster of original series, they maintain a commitment to gratuitous nudity. This is the home of Spartacus and OG Power, they've wavered a bit in recent years but hopefully they get back to what makes premium prestige TV worth the subscription cost.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Streaming is the model for the future and according to that Starz exec, this strategy of cancelling shows after 3-4 seasons originated from Netflix, so I guess in a way it makes sense. Also, this brings up the what 50 Cent was saying back when Taraji was complaining about pay disparities and he said he insisted that Starz paid Mary J. Blige appropriately for her star power. Her salary re-up alone was probably enough for the execs to put a target on this show's back. The rest of the cast (except Method Man) really doesn't have a ton of major roles in their filmography, this show was a breakout for most of them.

My hope is that as Starz replenishes their roster of original series, they maintain a commitment to gratuitous nudity. This is the home of Spartacus and OG Power, they've wavered a bit in recent years but hopefully they get back to what makes premium prestige TV worth the subscription cost.

The new Spartacus series is coming soon!!...Looking forward to it!!.. :yes: