Porsche Taycan

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Stylistically better looking but that's about it. The price is way too much. If they had it in the same price range as the top of the line model S it would be better.

These car companies still can't get the engineering down to compete with the range of a Tesla & they've had almost a decade to study them.

Last edited:

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Fuck a Tesla.

You stay with Tesla in your mouth. Like 0-60 in 0.05 seconds in your mouth. I have a Porsche and a Tesla. In my opinion, Porsche has slipped since being taken over by VW. Trying to figure out a new car for the Mrs. Won't be a BMW or Mercedes. Porsche will probably win by default. I never talk about Mercedes BMW Rolls Royce Bentley etc., because they are not worth talking about.

Stylistically better looking but that's about it. The price is way too much. If they had it in the same price range as the top of the line model S it would be better.

These car companies still can't get the engineering down to compete with the range of a Tesla & they've had almost a decade to study them.

His numbers are wrong. Screech. Damn, Teslas have become less expensive since I bought mine. I can be 0-60 in 2.4 really 2.2 seconds for less money than what I bought my car for. Birdman rub...

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
expect better build quality and cabin materials in the Porsche over the Tesla

lets see what they bring in the next 2 or 3 years when Porsche rollout an electric crossover

Yep. And you know Zuffenhausen gonna be pumping them mfkrs out. You'll see more of them in two years than Teslas.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
expect better build quality and cabin materials in the Porsche over the Tesla

lets see what they bring in the next 2 or 3 years when Porsche rollout an electric crossover

I was also told the same thing, that Tesla's may be fast but The Fit and Finish of the cars are no where near that of the build quality of the upper euro cars.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep. And you know Zuffenhausen gonna be pumping them mfkrs out. You'll see more of them in two years than Teslas.
The only way that might possibly happen (which it won't) is if their prices are competitive with Tesla's more affordable models (model 3s & Y).

Model 3s have been selling off the shelves & so will the Y... So your asking those buyers to jump ship to buy a more expensive premium brand with less range & speed specs?

LILGROWN1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Porsche will be for the rich people who want a electric car with all the trimmings. They do NEED autopilot though. I thought it was coming with that. Also, the Taycan looks a lot better than I thought it would. I would take it over the Telsa.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not 90k better, with Porsche you’re buying the badge at a premium
Yes, that's when you have pedigree. But how do you explain Tesla selling electric cars for $100k. It's like selling a Korean quartz watch for $2000.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y'all mfkrs getting gassed up offa names and badges and ish...

Man look a here, this ride ain't that pretty but that bitch doesn't need gas OR electric.... Got some banana peels, oranges or basically any compostable trash and that mfkr does magica at 85 mph... Just need to update the rims, suspension and radio and that mfkr is solid

back_to_the_future_delorean_comes_to_the_petersen_automotive_museum_-_fr....png

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
The only way that might possibly happen (which it won't) is if their prices are competitive with Tesla's more affordable models (model 3s & Y).

Model 3s have been selling off the shelves & so will the Y... So your asking those buyers to jump ship to buy a more expensive premium brand with less range & speed specs?

My point is - if you know anything about Porshe, you know the first model is always the flagship. Other (improved) models will follow at a lesser price and they will pump those babies out. No way in hell can Musk match the production or distribution of Porsche.
And once the other manufacturers, like Audi, BMW, and Merc, get in on it, it's a wrap for Elon. But most of all it'll be the japanese. Five years from now Teslas won't be the best selling "luxury/performance" golf cart.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Damn 200k though? :confused:

Nah I'm good, I'd rather have the Tesla car and truck instead of the Porsche

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member

Welp

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Porsche is not selling to Tesla buyers - that sticker price should tell you that

the Taycan is intended for a different class of "driver" that desires an electric car from an "elite" brand / car maker

rarity and exclusiveness is Porsche's brand
for example: its much easier to spec, order, and get allotment for a new Benz GT R, s600 or AMG s65 than its to order a new 911 Turbo /S
(same way its easier to buy a new 911 Turbo than it is to buy a new Aston Martin DB,
or how much easier it is to buy a Ferrari 488, or Lamborghini Performante or Aventador than it is to get a Porsche 911 GT2/GT3/RS/Roadster)

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Porsche is not selling to Tesla buyers - that sticker price should tell you that

the Taycan is intended for a different class of "driver" that desires an electric car from an "elite" brand / car maker

for example: its much easier to spec, order, and get allotment for a new Benz GT R, s600 or AMG s65 than its to order a new 911 Turbo /S
(same way its easier to buy a new 911 Turbo than it is to buy a new Aston Martin DB,
or how much easier it is to buy a Ferrari 488, or Lamborghini Performante or Aventador than it is to get a Porsche 911 GT2/GT3/RS/Roadster)
Lol, The Tesla buyer’s are deluded that they are driving around in a masterpiece with Government subsidies.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Well you basically made my point. Porsche is marketing this to the crowd that has well over 120k to purchase an exclusive EV with their brand.

The regular cat with at least 50 or 60k to spend on a EV is still going to likely get a Tesla. Tesla's long term goal isn't to make their cars exclusive. The more the cost of of batteries go down the more Teslas will be cheaper.

I like this Porsche, it fits the lane for a true premium EV. It's a good thing for the market. Elon wants more car makers to actually start selling models instead of just blowing smoke up the public's asses.

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://www-teslarati-com.cdn.amppr...del-s-nurburgring-lap-time-vs-porsche-taycan/

Tesla Model S beats Porsche Taycan’s Nurburgring lap by ~20 secs: German auto mag

A Tesla Model S prototype on the Nurburgring. (Photo: Stefan Baldauf/Auto Motor Uund Sport)

A German motoring publication recently reported that Tesla’s “Plaid Powertrain” Model S prototype on the Nurburgring has effectively destroyed the lap record of the Porsche Taycan around the iconic track. What’s particularly remarkable was that the Model S reportedly beat the Taycan’s time by a wide margin.

German media outlet Auto Motor und Sport, which has been covering the region’s auto industry since 1946, stated in a recent report that the Model S beat the Porsche Taycan’s Nurburgring lap time by almost 20 seconds. An observer from the publication recorded a hand-stopped lap time of 7 minutes 23 seconds for the Model S, far quicker than the pre-production Taycan’s time of 7 minutes 42 seconds.

Granted, the motoring magazine’s hand-stopped Model S lap time is bound to have corresponding inaccuracies, but this does not take away from the fact that Tesla’s largest sedan not only completed a lap around the Nurburgring without throttling its power; it did so in commanding fashion. This feat, if any, provides an encouraging indication of Tesla’s constant development of its vehicles, particularly with regards to its flagship sedan.

It would be easy to criticize or dismiss Tesla’s accomplishment for running a lap in a vehicle that is not yet available for purchase. Elon Musk, after all, announced that the Plaid Powertrain equipped in the Model S units at the Nurburgring is still about a year before it enters production. That being said, it should be noted that the Taycan unit that ran the 7-minute-42-second lap around the nearly 13-mile track is also a pre-production vehicle, complete with a roll cage.

Just like Tesla, Porsche did not disclose the specs and equipment set of the Taycan in its record-setting run either, only stating that it was a prototype unit with over 600 hp. From this angle, at least, the Taycan’s run and the Tesla’s Plaid Model S’ lap could be compared, considering that both vehicles had equipment that was installed for the Nurburgring run.

If Auto Motor und Sport‘s hand-stopped time is anywhere close to the official lap times of Tesla’s Plaid Model S prototype, the electric car maker will not only be able to beat the high bar set by the Taycan with its 7:42 run; it will be able to join the likes of vehicles such as the Enzo Ferrari and the Pagani Zonda F Clubsport, both of which lapped the Nurburgring in 7 minutes and 24-25 seconds. These vehicles are a class far above that of performance production four-door cars, save for monsters such as the Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupé 63 S 4MATIC+, which completed the Nurburgring in 7 minutes 25 seconds.