Pittsburgh rapper Jimmy Wopo shot dead at 21 in drive-by incident

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...po-dead-drive-by-shooting-20180618-story.html

ny-1529368731-delk7tfrnv-snap-image

Up-and-coming rapper Jimmy Wopo was killed in a drive-by shooting in Pittsburgh Monday, the Allegheny medical examiner told the Daily News.

He was 21.

Wopo, whose real name is Travon Smart, was shot in the Pennsylvania city’s Middle Hill neighborhood at around 4 p.m., Pittsburgh police said. He died at the hospital, while another unidentified victim was in stable condition.

“I lost my brother today and it’s the worst feeling in the world,” Taylor Maglin, the rapper’s manager, wrote on Facebook. “He was destined for greatness and he wanted the best for his friends, family and community. We lost a great person today, but just know I will do everything in my power to make his memory live on forever. Love you bro.”

Wopo, whose real name is Travon Smart, was best known for his 2016 single “Elm Street,” which he followed with his debut mixtape, “Woponese,” in 2016 and “Jordan Kobe” a year later.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit is gettin back to the mid 90's for the rap game....

Its not safe out here. Especially for trolls.

Sad shit.... R. I. P. To him

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Another let me get a $30k loan from a bank in 20s and hold it up to my ear like a phone rapper.

TheyCallMeBe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to that young brotha. Shit, most black men that get shot and killed could be considered up-and-coming rappers

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
Pittsburgh is a straight trap for black youth, Google search Pittsburgh shooting, senseless bullshit after stupid shit results. :smh:

The Untouchable GDFOLKS

Real Niggas Get Real Pussy
BGOL Investor
Yes, but the fact is he had both and people knew who he was. He wasn’t a celebrity and known by most of us, but some knew who he was.
I'm not down playing the young brotha, just stating that any one can be considered a rapper these days and I hate that the media labels every nigga that gets killed violently a rapper.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not down playing the young brotha, just stating that any one can be considered a rapper these days and I hate that the media labels every nigga that gets killed violently a rapper.

Trust me I feel you. Like I said, I had never heard of him and they do like to call a person with a vid on YouTube a “Rapper”.