Pastor John Gray gifts wife $200,000 Lamborghini after makin ‘faith deposit’ for wedding anniversary

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this is ur Christianity, and he used to be one of the few pastors id check every now & then ,
guess i didnt really know him like that , and wasnt he one of those pastors who went to the trump summit ?
why would u buy that to advertise it to ur struggling congregation, and u as a wife what is the purpose of a $200k car and why does that excite you ? what does a $200k car u drive do for u that a $$40k car wont do on the road?
i reserve judgement as i aint a perfect man but somethings just make me question
Screen-Shot-2018-12-12-at-4.59.52-PM.png

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/pa...ini-making-faith-deposit-wedding-anniversary/

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Was just listening to this on Madison..

That prosperity pimp is full of shit..

And the people talking about outside income sources are sheep.

Everything is directly connected and is part of the ministry..without the church followers there are no books,television or anything else..

And that mofokr had the nerve to shed crocodile tears while calling others pulpit pimps....

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
Quick question for those who oppose this lifestyle for pastors or view it with contempt..

Do you feel the same sense of anger at the heads of other companies you so freely 'give to' ?

For example... do you get.mad at the europeans and their wealth for the cars they produce that you "give" your hard earned savings and salary to drive?

Do you get mad at the owner of the sports team or even the athelete who flaunts their wealth.. sometime in a more egregious manner? Do you get mad at yourself for paying to watch them work?

Hell, do you get mad at the arabs and camel riders for their gold Lamborghini that you slave to fill your tank with so they can libe lavishly?

If the answer is no... ponder why that is.

Is it because you feel it is different because you got something in return so you are not being tricked or hoodwinked?

Well consider this... having a fiath based life is a precious commodity for those who live it. It is a seemingly intangible force (faith) that through works... creates tangible benefits for those who believe.

In that sense... they are paying for a companies service (as it is a business) and in this case ...the pastor is the CEO.

What's to get mad at?

older version

A version older
Registered
Quick question for those who oppose this lifestyle for pastors or view it with contempt..

Do you feel the same sense of anger at the heads of other companies you so freely 'give to' ?

For example... do you get.mad at the europeans and their wealth for the cars they produce that you "give" your hard earned savings and salary to drive?

Do you get mad at the owner of the sports team or even the athelete who flaunts their wealth.. sometime in a more egregious manner? Do you get mad at yourself for paying to watch them work?

Hell, do you get mad at the arabs and camel riders for their gold Lamborghini that you slave to fill your tank with so they can libe lavishly?

Is it because you feel it is different because you got something in return so you are not being tricked or hoodwinked?

Well consider this... having a fiath based life is a precious commodity for those who live it. It is a seemingly intangible force (faith) that through works... creates tangible benefits for those who believe.

In that sense... they are paying for a companys service (as it is a business) and in this case ...the pastor is the CEO.

What's to get mad at?

Unless the tangible you are talking about is somebody got free property because they gave to a church, then the only tangible
is free Sunday morning clubbing and good feelings.

An alternative tangible for the good feelings be had by going to a psychiatrist. A lot of insurers will cover the cost.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
Unless the tangible you are talking about is somebody got free property because they gave to a church, then the only tangible
is free Sunday morning clubbing and good feelings.

An alternative tangible for the good feelings be had by going to a psychiatrist. A lot of insurers will cover the cost.

Hey.. if people want to pay for good feelings... who are you to say its wrong for them?

Havent you paid money to go into a club or a restuarant for "good feelings"? Whos to stop you?

Church is about so much more than prosperity. It is up to the individual what they will take away from the lessons.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
Why even get mad. I promise his congregation has zero objections over this. They'd fight you tooth and nail of you told them he was wrong.

This^^^^

It's tournament rules....

The cat on top HAS to be shining so that those beneath him will 'buy in' to what he is saying because they subconsciously aspire to be him.

Prosperity pimps preachers preach PROSPERITY. You gonna follow a nigga stepping out of something that you feel is beneath you?
yLUy3Si31q4JaJubLKsR2qtywzn.jpg

The pimp has to be the biggest peacock or his hoes won't follow.
2article-savimbi-4-0203jpg.jpg

The Wardlord has to be the most ruthless or his soldiers won't follow.
iStock_000062362416_XXXLarge.jpg.736x0_q85.jpg

The professor has to have the most knowledge on the subject or his students won't follow.
612332332.0.jpg

The prosperity preacher has to reek of prosperity or his congregation won't follow.

Tournament rules....

*two cents*

Last edited:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hey.. if people want to pay for good feelings... who are you to say its wrong for them?

Havent you paid money to go into a club or a restuarant for "good feelings"? Whos to stop you?

Church is about so much more than prosperity. It is up to the individual what they will take away from the lessons.
These churches often try to guilt you into giving.Well God said you should give me... er... the church 10 percent of your income. God won't help you unless you give to the church...etc.

And once again we ignore the fact the Christian church is based on a dude who would be considered a bum by today's standards. A person who did not really like rich people.

It ain't the same as going to a restaurant or club.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor

In that sense... they are paying for a companies service (as it is a business) and in this case ...the pastor is the CEO.

What's to get mad at?

Your premise is severely flawed. The pastor is not the CEO of their faith. God is.

The true analogy would be if a manager at a large corporation sent out an email to everyone he manages saying the CEO of the company told him that all employees that put money into this fund would automatically be promoted to VPs of the company then taking that money and buying a 200k sports car for his wife.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
These churches often try to guilt you into giving.Well God said you should give me... er... the church 10 percent of your income. God won't help you unless you give to the church...etc.

These read like soundbites.

And once again we ignore the fact the Christian church is based on a dude who would be considered a bum by today's standards. A person who did not really like rich people.

Irrelevant to this convo

It ain't the same as going to a restaurant or club.

It's about doing what you want with your money and time based on what YOU beleive is good for YOU. Many people enter the church because of pain amd trauma in their lives and for many, that is the only place of refugee.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I wasnt speaking on head of the faith, I was speaking of the head of the registered business.
My nigga said the registered business lol

Did Jesus charge for the word? Would he have bought a lambo? Do you think he would approve of of take part in prosperity ministry?

Hustling is Hustling. I still think pimping the word is wrong.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Your premise is severely flawed. The pastor is not the CEO of their faith. God is.

The true analogy would be if a manager at a large corporation sent out an email to everyone he manages saying the CEO of the company told him that all employees that put money into this fund would automatically be promoted to VPs of the company then taking that money and buying a 200k sports car for his wife.
And telling those employees that they will be VP'S someday.. .not necessarily today.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My nigga said the registered business lol

Did Jesus charge for the word? Would he have bought a lambo? Do you think he would approve of of take part in prosperity ministry?

Hustling is Hustling. I still think pimping the word is wrong.
According to him, Jesus is irrelevant to this conversation. He must know someone that's a pimp preacher.