Pamela Hutchinson, Singer With 'The Emotions' Pass Away At 61 Years Old.....

Simply_Black

International
International Member

Grammy Award winner Pamela Hutchinson, one of the seductively harmonized voices of the popular disco and R&B group the Emotions, has died. The “Best of My Love Singer” was 61.

Reps for the group confirmed her death Sunday in a post to The Emotions official Facebook page: “In loving memory, we are saddened to announce the passing of our sister, Pamela Rose Hutchinson, on Friday, September 18, 2020. Pam succumbed to health challenges that she’d been battling for several years. Now our beautiful sister will sing amongst the angels in heaven in perfect peace.”

Over a career that spanned multiple decades, Hutchinson and the Emotions released nine albums, two of which were certified gold — and one which achieved platinum (million-selling) status. The trio earned a Grammy in 1978 for Best R&B group and was nominated again in 1980 for Best Disco Recording.

The social media memorial post continued: “During this time, the family kindly asks for fans and friends to respect our privacy. We appreciate all kind words, photos, and videos you may want to post for our beloved Pamela and of course your loving prayers. A life so beautifully lived deserves to be beautifully remembered. We love you, Pamela!”

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
A sister with the voice of an angel has returned to the essence

albeit way too soon...
uU4bvl.gif

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP.....that album with "Best of my love" is a classic album you play that joint all the way threw.

They were some pretty ladies

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
I'm thinking she was the younger sister. I don't think she was with them when this record was released in 1969. :dunno:
Hell she had to be 10 years old.