Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
Father-to-be, 28, is killed after gender reveal party device he was building in his New York garage EXPLODES
- Christopher Pekny was assembling the unspecified device in the garage of his home in the Catskills town of Liberty when it blew up just before noon Sunday
- Pekny was pronounced dead by state police shortly afterwards
- His 27-year-old brother Michael Pekny was injured and rushed to hospital
- What set off the explosion remained under investigation, police said
- The tragic incident comes just weeks after a man was killed in Michigan when he was struck by shrapnel from a gender reveal cannon at a friend's baby shower
Christopher Pekny, 28, was assembling the unspecified device in the Catskills town of Liberty when it blew up just before noon on Sunday. His 27-year-old brother Michael was also injured.
The explosion in a garage killed Christopher Pekny and injured his brother on Sunday, officials said. Another brother described what happened as “the freakiest of freak accidents.”