Oldheads (40s up) tell these punkass 80,90s & 00s babies how we used to live!!

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
c9579-img_6664.jpg
That bike was the shit.
The only bike that could top it was....
Os2sjwUY8lB0CvO2X5fSwlCbG98U5LVXfhJEftHhP3JE8C5DoL3UH9v-L5REe76_kFHKAGHeOASdxcXGx20KhP7DjeHRN1-tAqox_51BtHXezWyJfTUc44Ari2rWcRrkjgdxwFcOnmNW

The gear shifter was a game changer!

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We used to race mini-bikes in the alley, in South Central Los Angeles. No helmets, no elbow pads, and no boots. Just levis (or tough skins), t-shirts, and Chuck Taylors.

If you fell, we laughed. But you got your ass up, and you got on that bitch again and rode some more. If you were bleeding, someone's Mom would put "Mercurochrome" on the wound and you kept it moving.
does anyone still use that???

DMXtreem

Rising Star
Platinum Member
my uncles used to have basket races coming down steep hills
with us kids sitting inside the basket holding on for dear life.
one of those front wheels hit the tiniest pebble, and thats yo ass.
happened to me and the basket flipped, all my gotdamn fingers cut the fuck up,
busted my lip and nose on the pavement, im already and screamin and hollarin
while the basket is somersaultin......and before i could even finish my
Bruce Willis, dive for cover, stunt roll.....he's beggin me not to tell my mama.

140kmyo.jpg
Damn!!! You must have been at my event!!!

DMXtreem

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I never worried about being bothered as a kid, meaning child abduction kind of syht. I missed the last bus going my way home after being at my friend's house. I had to walk from north Oakland to east Oakland at about 1:30am, other than being dark I had no problems!!!

DMXtreem

Rising Star
Platinum Member
did anyone actually understand the game play????
Hell yeah!!! He's weak I use to have one. That is actually the 2nd version of that "type" of game, what we would now call a knock oof. The 1st one was called Mr Quarterback!!! I played the hell out that shyt!!!

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Agreed. My older cousin had a pretty cool set-up as an early teen. Back at his childhood home his parents let him set up a games room in the basement. It had movie and music posters, a car race track, and a train set. Sort of like an early version of a man cave, minus the TV & videogames.

On a cool side note ... he has 3 kids of his own now. 2 boys (6 and 9yo) and a daughter who is 13. All 3 of them love Disney movies ... so their little games room is set up upstairs next to their bedrooms. It's got all types of kids movies, and a small tv with the retro old Nintendo console from the 80s. Played a few games with them back in December. It was like stepping back in time, as they aren't up on new gaming consoles, etc. Told them some funny stories about growing up in the 80s and 90s, and all the good times with Nintendo and Sega Genesis.

:cheers::roflmao:

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
What about that "Hide and Go Get It." We'd all get together girls and boys. The boys would stand in a circle, close our eyes, and count to 100 by 5's while the girls hid. When we hit 100, we'd all run around the neighborhood trying to find a girl. If you found one, you could grind on her, play with her titties etc...

I remember my cousin Anthony (he was three years older than me) found a girl named April. He told me to come here. I went, and he had April pinned against the side of someone's house. Her titties was outside of her blouse. I would have just squeezed them through the blouse, but Ant had them shits out playing with them. He stepped back, looked at me and said, Here." I started squeezing them, I was all timid and shit. He said, "Nigga suck'em!." He didn't have to tell me twice. I'll never forget that shit!

Ant didn't give a fuck... He was hard on them then, and he's still hard on them. LOLOL. My Big Cousin.

treal5

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm an 80's kid. Did all kinds of dumb shit and a youngin.

But.. My daughter just broke her foot playing on a seesaw at an old ass park. I see why times have changed.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
I remember stickball with the broom handle bat and blue handball ball. You played in the middle of the street or on the painted box on a wall in your school yard or park. No pool nearby, you crack open your nearest fire hydrant.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When the end credits of whatever matinee movie i was watching started to this was where i'd head..

still remember that Facts Of Life episode where Tootie was pleading to see Jermaine like her life depended on it..

"I HAVE to see Jermaine,i HAVE to!!!" studio audience was like"Awwww..Jermaine
Yeah that time tootie lost it over Jermaine....even Jermaine's wife was like he alright but the nigga ain't all that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
playgrounds back in the day...

no sand or woodchips.. ASPHALT AND CONCRETE.

no round edges and composite plastics...SHARP EDGES, STEEL AND WROUGHT IRON

Old-Playground-Equipment.jpg

ever try to slide down a metal slide while the sun beat down on it at high noon on a hot summer day while wearing SHORTS??

img_7895.jpg

you got hurt..you walked that shit off..bleeding..put a bandaid on that shit and go right back!!

2.Playground_1942_LOC_8d23003v3.jpg

you see that..that aint no foamy padded flooring..THATS THE GROUND!

15%2B-%2B1

THATS HOW IT WAS!!!
That's right. Only the STRONG survived.

:roflmao: .

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
We used to race mini-bikes in the alley, in South Central Los Angeles. No helmets, no elbow pads, and no boots. Just levis (or tough skins), t-shirts, and Chuck Taylors.

If you fell, we laughed. But you got your ass up, and you got on that bitch again and rode some more. If you were bleeding, someone's Mom would put "Mercurochrome" on the wound and you kept it moving.

that and methiolate, it was deep red and burned liked a mf! Lucky to get a band aid, if you didn’t oh well it was back at it

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Huddled together with your friends over the turntable listening to Richard Pryor, hoping you Moms didn't burst in.
Bruh, don't forget the Dolemite Album covers. He had them thick thoroughbreds on the cover.

Last edited: