Oldheads (40s up) tell these punkass 80,90s & 00s babies how we used to live!!

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
Bruh, don't forget the Dolemite Album covers. He them them thick thoroughbreds on the cover.
I used to go over my boy's house cause his parents had ALL those shits! Few years later, he had the album covers hung up all around his room like it was nothing. (Yeah, hanging album covers was the shit too.)
Do you remember this dude?
418453920584:500

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
I used to go over my boy's house cause his parents had ALL those shits! Few years later, he had the album covers hung up all around his room like it was nothing. (Yeah, hanging album covers was the shit too.)
Do you remember this dude?
418453920584:500

hellz yeah.....

DMXtreem

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What about that "Hide and Go Get It." We'd all get together girls and boys. The boys would stand in a circle, close our eyes, and count to 100 by 5's while the girls hid. When we hit 100, we'd all run around the neighborhood trying to find a girl. If you found one, you could grind on her, play with her titties etc...

I remember my cousin Anthony (he was three years older than me) found a girl named April. He told me to come here. I went, and he had April pinned against the side of someone's house. Her titties was outside of her blouse. I would have just squeezed them through the blouse, but Ant had them shits out playing with them. He stepped back, looked at me and said, Here." I started squeezing them, I was all timid and shit. He said, "Nigga suck'em!." He didn't have to tell me twice. I'll never forget that shit!

Ant didn't give a fuck... He was hard on them then, and he's still hard on them. LOLOL. My Big Cousin.
Damn, it sounds like everybody in this thread was playing in the same neighboorhood. My street had an "April" too, she was older than me, and the same exact things would go down with "Hide & go Get it"!!!

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
AWE NIGGA IF YOU WANT A INJURY-OFF!!!

6 stitches in my forehead from jumpin on the mattress

broken left wrist from roller rink

various scars on my arms from roughhousing during recess
Awww shit, let me get some of this:
1) Broken ankle from riding a mini bike.
2) Stabbed in the shoulder with a No. 2 pencil, never got it checked for lead poisoning or anything.
3) Wicked scar on my back from playing SWAT in an abandoned house, fell of the roof. (I was playing the Black Dude "Deke"-I think that was his name).
4) Damn near tore my throat up from talking with a marble in my mouth, almost choked to death.
5) Road rash from wheelying on a 10-speed and the fucking front wheel fell off.
6) Too many Hot Wheel Track welts to even count (Mom's put the whoop down every night because we wouldn't go to sleep)
7) Almost blew my fingers off messing around with a fire-cracker that I thought wouldn't light. Damn I was stupid. LOLOL

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2) Stabbed in the shoulder with a No. 2 pencil, never got it checked for lead poisoning or anything.
3) Wicked scar on my back from playing SWAT in an abandoned house, fell of the roof. (I was playing the Black Dude "Deke"-I think that was his name).
4) Damn near tore my throat up from talking with a marble in my mouth, almost choked to death.
6) Too many Hot Wheel Track welts to even count (Mom's put the whoop down every night because we wouldn't go to sleep)
7) Almost blew my fingers off messing around with a fire-cracker that I thought wouldn't light. Damn I was stupid. LOLOL
oh my goodness my dude you done opened up a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL of living dangerously!!

s-l640.jpg

only in a black household can you get an ass whoopin with your christmas gift!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the one time I said FUCK SANTA CLAUS was after mom lit my ass up with one of those...

and she could wield that shit like a light saber...darth vader aint have shit on her.... :lol:

Last edited:

dugington

Rising Star
Registered
and she could wield that shit like a light saber...darth vader aint have shit on her.... :lol:
I think I'm one of the lucky few that had the hot wheels track, but never caught it with it.
Belt, shoe, switch. You know, my people stuck to the classics on asses.:lol:

Uncle John

Rising Star
Registered
Transparent tape on both sides of a dollar bill. Candy machine, make choice and pull dolllar bill back out. Keep dollar, candy and change. Repeat.

We used to drill hole in quarters and yank them out of arcade games.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Nobody else had to go outside and get your own switch? Praying every time we pulled up to World on Wheels and getting out the car. Hoping not to get caught in the White Neighborhoods before dusk?
yep. and if an older uncle happened to be in the house, he'd talk shit to you as you're on the way back to your impeding ass whuppin. :curse:

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What do y'all know about "Any Bounce"? We used to play this in the streets of the neighborhood. All you need it was a bat and a tennis ball... Because tennis balls were less likely to break windows. If you caught the ball on a bounce it was your turn to bat

In chi in the early 70s, we called that Piggy and you played with a 16" Clincher softball..no gloves. That ball new out the box was hard than a mofo and I saw many a dude bitch up tryna catch a new one.

When you started the game, you shouted either Piggy one..the batter, Piggy 2, back catcher, or Piggy 3, pitcher..underhand.

This was a cool ass game cuz you could have unlimited people playing, young and old. You just stood around talking shit hoping the ball was hit your way. We usually played one bounce, meaning you had to catch it on the fly or one bounce.

If you couldn't hit or were a lil kid, mofos would stand damn near in front of the pitcher to catch your weak ass hit. THAT was some embarrassing shit fo yo ass.

That was the perfect chill Sunday afternoon in the park game.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
oh my goodness my dude you done opened up a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL of living dangerously!!

s-l640.jpg

only in a black household can you get an ass whoopin with your christmas gift!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the one time I said FUCK SANTA CLAUS was after mom lit my ass up with one of those...

Hot Wheels went next level when Sizzlers came out in the 70s and were even cooler they made the Fat Track.

My brother and I got 2 Fat Track sets one Xmas, so we combined em for a giant ass layout with several cars racing at once...shit was like Daytona.

The biggest drawback to Sizzlers, tho, was you had to charge em up for a few minutes with the Juice Machine and they only ran for a few minutes.

The evil genius I was, I plugged my car up to a Juice Machine and strapped a D battery to it and had that bitch overcharge for several hours...shit worked like a charm.

I think we modified every toy we had...which is why most of our shit was destroyed pretty quick. :lol:

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member

5,6 and 7 .....:yes:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hot Wheels went next level when Sizzlers came out in the 70s and were even cooler they made the Fat Track.

My brother and I got 2 Fat Track sets one Xmas, so we combined em for a giant ass layout with several cars racing at once...shit was like Daytona.

The biggest drawback to Sizzlers, tho, was you had to charge em up for a few minutes with the Juice Machine and they only ran for a few minutes.

The evil genius I was, I plugged my car up to a Juice Machine and strapped a D battery to it and had that bitch overcharge for several hours...shit worked like a charm.

I think we modified every toy we had...which is why most of our shit was destroyed pretty quick. :lol:
Black kids only got two types of toys on Xmas,..
The kind we broke that day and the kind we broke six months later...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you always had that cousin who kept thier toys in pristine condition in the original packaging...

That scene in Spike Lee's Crooklyn was truer than a motherfucker...

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

s-l640.jpg

asswhoopin.png

WARNING: PSYCHO-TRAUMA INDUCING!!
Missing one
CP-1-paddle-11.jpg
Now how many on here got bad grades/acted up in school with this being the consequence...if the principal didnt issue the discipline,he'd call and let the parents know,sometimes while you were sitting there in the office

That's when you tried to take "the long way"(Johnny Gill voice:"A LONG WAY!!!" ) walking home :roflmao2: