Official 2024 NFL Off-Season Discussion!!!

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
We in the process of picking our head coach.. funny how you avoided some comments by cowboys fans that were hoping we wouldn’t get certain individuals to be our coach like flores
I don't know what you talking about I'm the one who addressed you about Flores. I said he deserved better. :lol: The fuck he wants to go to that shitter for? At this point let Mara coach them. :lol:

Y'all better speed the process up....the hell y'all waiting for? People hiring coaches right now and y'all sitting on your hands worrying about where Dan Quinn going. Naw he coming back so expect the defense to shut y'all ass down yet again. :lol:

Now that I think about it....you thought Quinn was leaving. :lol:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What Sewell lead rookie linemen in? I've always been hearing Slater has been the best linemen this year.....that being said, Jamarr Chase and Parsons been the best two rookies. I don't know when they made this list but its off.
Yeah I know Sewell was good but Slater been better from what I read......maybe he's the better pass protecter. PFF got Slater rated a 83 and Sewell a 78.....
Yeah prolly 2 categories, lions were more run than pass this year.

Because

AcclaimedRareJackrabbit-size_restricted.gif

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

With Adrian Wilson, who was the vice president of pro scouting for the Arizona Cardinals and widely respected as a young, up-and-comer, and Byron Leftwich, the Jaguars should finally have a group together that will entice free agents to Jacksonville. You can see that impact in clips like this.

Players around the league will hear about this type of thing and it will matter. Think about it. How many times have you heard that players think that coaches and front offices dont care about them? Having two former players in the two non-player positions that matter most is gonna matter and I can wait. All the way back in.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't know what you talking about I'm the one who addressed you about Flores. I said he deserved better. :lol: The fuck he wants to go to that shitter for? At this point let Mara coach them. :lol:

Y'all better speed the process up....the hell y'all waiting for? People hiring coaches right now and y'all sitting on your hands worrying about where Dan Quinn going. Naw he coming back so expect the defense to shut y'all ass down yet again. :lol:

Now that I think about it....you thought Quinn was leaving. :lol:
It’s a few that didn’t like certain coaches thinking about coming to nyc.. there’s a few diff coaches ny is looking at..the process is coming along… as far as Quinn if he want to repeat the process of attempting to be season champs and first round leavers he can enjoy the pain

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

With Adrian Wilson, who was the vice president of pro scouting for the Arizona Cardinals and widely respected as a young, up-and-comer, and Byron Leftwich, the Jaguars should finally have a group together that will entice free agents to Jacksonville. You can see that impact in clips like this.

Players around the league will hear about this type of thing and it will matter. Think about it. How many times have you heard that players think that coaches and front offices dont care about them? Having two former players in the two non-player positions that matter most is gonna matter and I can wait. All the way back in.

Damn man so hold on there are coaches who won't play players so they can get incentives?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s a few that didn’t like certain coaches thinking about coming to nyc.. there’s a few diff coaches ny is looking at..the process is coming along… as far as Quinn if he want to repeat the process of attempting to be season champs and first round leavers he can enjoy the pain
Shit he don't care he a Super Bowl Champion lol.....long as the checks clear he don't care i'm sure. :lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1. We have this guy. I'm sure you know who he is;):

2. We have a top 5 Defense. Packers defense in the bottom 20.

3. Broncos are a QB away from SB contention. Don't get it misunderstood.

You trying to tell me he better than Aaron Jones? Y'all had a top 5 defense with Vangio...he gone now. And no matter how good your defense is...it still can't stop Bills or Chiefs. And hell looks like Bengals about to be that too.

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
You trying to tell me he better than Aaron Jones? Y'all had a top 5 defense with Vangio...he gone now. And no matter how good your defense is...it still can't stop Bills or Chiefs. And hell looks like Bengals about to be that too.

Yes. Melvin Gordon/Javonte Williams were statistically better than Aj Dillion/Aaron Jones. Stats don't lie.

And football is a season by season sport. Teams that are UP now won't be that way next year. Look at the Bengals. Where were they last year? 4-11. Last in the AFC North. Broncos season was over after Teddy Bridgwater's 1st concussion. When he was healthy, he was balling. Broncos need Better QB play period. Broncos defense will be there. But like you said, more than defense is needed. If you can't score in today's game than having a good defense won't mean shit against a Chiefs or a Bills. Rodgers and Adams will bring that if that happens.

IF that happens, quote me: Broncos will be in the Superbowl.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Source: Dallas Cowboys' Mike McCarthy told he will return as head coach in 2022

Dallas Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy has been told that he will return in 2022, a source confirmed to ESPN's Ed Werder on Thursday.
Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones has so far declined to commit to McCarthy's return publicly after Dallas' playoff exit with a wild-card round loss to the San Francisco 49ers.

USA Today Sports first reported that McCarthy had been told he will return.

With coach Sean Payton walking away from the New Orleans Saints this week, it only intensified speculation regarding McCarthy's future given Jones' affinity for Payton, a former Dallas assistant under Bill Parcells.
Payton said on Tuesday that he doesn't plan to coach another team in 2022. Since he's under contract for three more seasons, the Saints would have to agree to trade compensation if he wanted to coach another team.
On Jan. 17, Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones said in an interview with 105.3 The Fan in Dallas that he was "very confident" McCarthy would return but just days later, Jerry Jones wouldn't divulge his conversations with the coaching staff and their futures in an interview with the same radio station.
McCarthy has said that he wasn't concerned about his future as head coach, saying in a news conference on Jan. 19 that he had positive conversations with Jerry Jones after the loss to the 49ers.
McCarthy has an 18-15 regular-season record in two seasons, which includes a 12-5 mark and NFC East title in 2021, buoyed by quarterback Dak Prescott's return to health and a revamped defense that led the NFL in takeaways (34) under new coordinator Dan Quinn.
Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Dianna Russini on Thursday that Quinn will return next season as defensive coordinator after he interviewed for the head-coaching vacancies of the Chicago Bears, Denver Broncos, Minnesota Vikings, Miami Dolphins and New York Giants.
While the offense finished No. 1 in yards and points this season, it had no consistency, scoring 16 and 9 points in losses to the Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs in a three-week span mixed around a 43-3 win against the Atlanta Falcons. The Cowboys scored 56 and 51 points in two of their last three games, wins against the Washington Football Team and Philadelphia Eagles, but lost a key home game in Week 17 against the Arizona Cardinals that effectively ended their chances for the No. 2 seed in the postseason.

In the playoff loss to the 49ers, they scored just 17 points and trailed by 16 points in the fourth quarter. A potential game-winning drive was thwarted when the clock ran out after a 17-yard run by Prescott when the ball was not set for play in time. It is one of several clock-management issues McCarthy has had in his two-year tenure.
Penalties also have been an issue. The Cowboys led the league in penalties with 127 for 1,103 yards. In the playoff loss to San Francisco, the Cowboys were flagged 14 times for 89 yards, tied for the most in a playoff game in team history (Eagles, 2009 wild card, which Dallas won.)