Official 2024 NFL Off-Season Discussion!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
New England Patriots OC Josh McDaniels says Cam Newton has 'different grasp of offense' in Year 2
play
Bart Scott and Ryan Clark discuss whether Cam Newton or Mac Jones gives the Patriots a better chance to win this year. (2:01)
3:44 PM ET

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick has declared Cam Newton the team's top quarterback at this time, and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has already noticed a difference in Newton's second year with the club.
"When he got here, that was a unique situation having really no experience and exposure to our system prior to training camp starting. I honestly can't remember another time in my career where we've had a player that has done that. So it was a unique scenario," McDaniels said Thursday in his first public remarks of the offseason.

"He worked his butt off last year to do it, and then he came back certainly this year at a much different position. He has a different grasp of the offense, a different understanding of the terminology. Now we're working on refining the precision, the details."
That has included focusing on fundamentals, which McDaniels said is important for all quarterbacks. He commended Newton, noting that "he's worked really hard at it."

Newton, 32, has been taking part in voluntary organized team activities, and Belichick highlighted his leadership and professionalism last week.
Meanwhile, the Patriots are naturally optimistic about rookie quarterback Mac Jones, their first-round pick (15th overall) from Alabama. Belichick said Jones "dove into the playbook," and McDaniels noted that the goal for all rookies in the spring is to teach them the system so they have a chance to compete with more experienced players come training camp in late July.
As for what the Patriots liked in Jones, McDaniels said: "He won a lot of games in the last year-plus at Alabama. He played in some big games, some pressure situations. He takes care of the football. He's demonstrated an ability to function at a pretty high level in their system and offense, with their terminology. He competed in a league that is widely regarded as one of the top conferences, if not the top conference, in all of college football."
Jones has been wearing temporary No. 50 in Patriots practices, which is a recent Belichick tradition for all rookies to put them in non-traditional numbers in the spring. Jones joins Newton, veteran Brian Hoyer and third-year man Jarrett Stidham on the quarterback depth chart.
"We've got four great guys in the room," McDaniels said. "To be able to give them all opportunities this spring is invaluable, and it is a great opportunity for us to make progress in that room collectively to prepare them to compete in August."

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
New England Patriots OC Josh McDaniels says Cam Newton has 'different grasp of offense' in Year 2
play
Bart Scott and Ryan Clark discuss whether Cam Newton or Mac Jones gives the Patriots a better chance to win this year. (2:01)
3:44 PM ET

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick has declared Cam Newton the team's top quarterback at this time, and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels has already noticed a difference in Newton's second year with the club.
"When he got here, that was a unique situation having really no experience and exposure to our system prior to training camp starting. I honestly can't remember another time in my career where we've had a player that has done that. So it was a unique scenario," McDaniels said Thursday in his first public remarks of the offseason.

"He worked his butt off last year to do it, and then he came back certainly this year at a much different position. He has a different grasp of the offense, a different understanding of the terminology. Now we're working on refining the precision, the details."
That has included focusing on fundamentals, which McDaniels said is important for all quarterbacks. He commended Newton, noting that "he's worked really hard at it."

Newton, 32, has been taking part in voluntary organized team activities, and Belichick highlighted his leadership and professionalism last week.
Meanwhile, the Patriots are naturally optimistic about rookie quarterback Mac Jones, their first-round pick (15th overall) from Alabama. Belichick said Jones "dove into the playbook," and McDaniels noted that the goal for all rookies in the spring is to teach them the system so they have a chance to compete with more experienced players come training camp in late July.
As for what the Patriots liked in Jones, McDaniels said: "He won a lot of games in the last year-plus at Alabama. He played in some big games, some pressure situations. He takes care of the football. He's demonstrated an ability to function at a pretty high level in their system and offense, with their terminology. He competed in a league that is widely regarded as one of the top conferences, if not the top conference, in all of college football."
Jones has been wearing temporary No. 50 in Patriots practices, which is a recent Belichick tradition for all rookies to put them in non-traditional numbers in the spring. Jones joins Newton, veteran Brian Hoyer and third-year man Jarrett Stidham on the quarterback depth chart.
"We've got four great guys in the room," McDaniels said. "To be able to give them all opportunities this spring is invaluable, and it is a great opportunity for us to make progress in that room collectively to prepare them to compete in August."

Thats right Cam
Don't let that racist cracker ass cracker take your job

:cool::cool::cool:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Bears fans been going crazy over Justin Fields, the past few days, LOL
Should be interesting to see how things play out in the NFC North, this year
Fields...Goff...Cousins/Mond....Rogers?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
191816867_4427095837337070_5049059043078429532_n.jpg
That muthafucka makes that much!!!!? :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

2TBwdm.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I can't hate salute that man

But I seen the menu at his restaurant, watched a few of his shows and heard real chefs talk.

This dude single handedly causing diabetes heart disease and obesity and lowering culinary IQs worldwide.

But he a 4 star Master chef at the bank.

Respect paid
Where's his restaurant at cuzzo? I permanently changed my diet so I no longer eat any bullshit though. I'll relax a bit when I'm on vacation though.

Vj7UyV.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Where's his restaurant at cuzzo? I permanently changed my diet so I no longer eat any bullshit though. I'll relax a bit when I'm on vacation though.

Vj7UyV.jpg
It been closed but apparently it's back delivery only

If you cruise on carnival cruise line he has a deal with them for guys burgers and guys smokehouse.

carnival-liberty-guys-burgers-1708-e1519139104985-2.jpg

guys-burger-joint-4.ashx

pigandanchor1-250x500.jpg

D@mnphins

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Since Ryan Tannehill has come on.... We have gone to the AFC Championship .... and we won the AFC south for the first time in a Decade...

Yet somehow my man is a bum... Shit is wild.
I feel what you are saying. I watched him for 6 years in Miami being the most sacked QB. 58 sacks in one year from a WR turned QB, dude run away. Seriously 7 of 14 for 88 yards in a playoff game come on. And see you are giving the credit to this bum for the turn around. But you are not giving that beast at RB, Derrick Henry his respect, plus the coach and defense weapons came together. Oh and AJ Brown said what about me, have you seen me the last 2 years. That team is not riding with Tannehill he is going along with the ride like Trent Dilfer. I'm just saying if the game is in need of a big play Tannehill is not who you should count on. He needs the perfect situation, the perfect pocket and he looks unstoppable.

I want to see Julio continue his successful career so Titans games will be must see TV for me.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I feel what you are saying. I watched him for 6 years in Miami being the most sacked QB. 58 sacks in one year from a WR turned QB, dude run away. Seriously 7 of 14 for 88 yards in a playoff game come on. And see you are giving the credit to this bum for the turn around. But you are not giving that beast at RB, Derrick Henry his respect, plus the coach and defense weapons came together. Oh and AJ Brown said what about me, have you seen me the last 2 years. That team is not riding with Tannehill he is going along with the ride like Trent Dilfer. I'm just saying if the game is in need of a big play Tannehill is not who you should count on. He needs the perfect situation, the perfect pocket and he looks unstoppable.

I want to see Julio continue his successful career so Titans games will be must see TV for me.

Yeah.. it's hard not to at least be decent with that line, henry, and those receivers.