Official: Netflix Tales of Arcadia WIZARDS (Discussion Thread) (Trollhunters Rise of the Titans 7/21/21)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
NETFLIX'S TROLLHUNTERS RENEWED FOR SEASON 2
Debuting later this year.
BY ALEX OSBORN

Series creator Guillermo del Toro shared the news with Entertainment Weekly, noting that the team behind the show has been "working on a second season for a while now." Season 2 will span a total of 13 episodes when it makes its debut on Netflix sometime later this year.

Guillermo del Toro's Childhood Adventures Inspired Trollhunters - NYCC 2016
deltoro-1476128700774_medium.jpg

Yelchin's death last year will affect the series, saying the producers knew right from the start that they "wanted to preserve as much of the performance of Anton as possible."

Since they originally set out a plan for 52 episodes, they have been recording with Yelchin, Kelsey Grammer, Ron Perlman and the rest of the cast "for years and years." As such, del Toro said that with Season 2 they're "going to be able to preserve a really large part of it with Anton's voice."

In addition to Grammar, who's returning to voice Jim's troll mentor Blinky, Charlie Saxton and Lexi Medrano will reprise their roles as Toby and Claire, respectively, and Clancy Brown is back to voice the villainous Gunmar.

For more on Trollhunters while you patiently wait for Season 2, read IGN's review of Season 1.

That first season was fucking Tight. I should have made a discussion thread on it.

daddyfatsacks9000

Unapologetic Heterosexual Male
BGOL Investor
They fucking better have. I'm sick of these cartoons/anime just ending on cliffhangers, never to be seen again. I've been burned one too many times...
*cough* Hunter X Hunter,TeenTitans*cough*

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Before I jump in, what makes it good?

It has a surprisingly good story, the writing and animation are top notch, bad guys actually die, it has one of the best single mother only child relationships that I've seen on tv and it ends on an insane cliff hanger.

It's not a dark dark show.. it does have funny moments but all the characters grow on you.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Expect More Darklands In Trollhunters Season 2

Trollhunters took the world by storm when it debuted on Netflix. Quickly, it became one of the top properties on the streaming service, let alone its top ranking for an animated series.

The series followed the late Anton Yelchin's Jim Lake as he learned to conquer his new abilities provided by the Amulet. Still, it chose to wrap up its first season with a cliffhanger, leaving Jim's fate up for interpretation as he recklessly set out for the Darklands by himself.

When Season 2 begins, we will see more of the Darklands according to series producers but also more growth of Jim as he figures out how to conquer them.

"We're gonna see a little bit of it," Rodrigo Blaas said. "It's the Darklands. Jim is going over there! We're not going to shy away from it."

"You'll see more new abilities on Jim's part," added executive producer Marc Guggenheim.

"It's all about growing the character and there's new big challenges ahead," Blaas said. "He's growing with the series. He's growing in the way that he knows how to not only deal with the fights and crazy stuff that he's doing but also how he left his friends and all that kind of stuff."

Of course, Season 1's most devastating moment was (spoilers ahead!) Aaaaargh's turning to stone late in the season. The producers are not ready to rule his living return to Troll Market out, though. "I would tune into Season 2 to find out! That's why it's called a cliffhanger." Chad Hamme said.

Jim's voice is performed by Yelchin, who tragically passed away unexpectedly before the first season debuted. Trollhunters recorded the seasons back to back, however, and the team plans to honor Yelchin by bringing his "best" performances to fans with the coming episodes.

"I think the way that we're gonna do this is just showcasing his performances," Blaas said. "For me, his best season is ahead and one of the most amazing episodes. Him, by himself, is going to be really surprising to many of the fans."

"We were fortunate enough to get through Season 2 with Anton and as Rodrigo says and Marc, Season 2 demonstrates what Anton is capable of," Hamme concluded.

Season 2 of Trollhunters is expected to arrive in December of 2017.

http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/04/06/expect-more-darklands-in-trollhunters-season-2/

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
DreamWorks Trollhunters Part 2, from Guillermo del Toro, premieres on Netflix, on Friday, Dec. 15, with a third and final chapter of the Emmy-winning series set to debut in 2018.

3 Below, the second series in the previously announced Tales of Arcadia trilogy, will premiere in late 2018 and feature two royal teenage aliens and their bodyguard who flee a surprise takeover of their home planet by an evil dictator and crash land in Arcadia. Now on the run from intergalactic bounty hunters, they struggle to blend in and adapt to the bizarre world of high school all the while attempting to repair their ship so they can return and defend their home planet.

A final chapter, Wizards, is set to debut in 2019.

Premiering in 2016 to critical acclaim, Trollhunters introduced audiences to the seemingly quiet town of Arcadia and an ordinary kid who embarks on an extraordinary adventure in a hidden world right beneath his feet featuring the voices of Anton Yelchin, Kelsey Grammer, Ron Perlman, Steven Yeun, Anjelica Huston and more.”

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Oh snap..... Dark Claire is about to happen

Update... they ripped the Fuck out of guardians.

I’ll allow it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man Season 2 was Empire Stikes back level...

Good lord... what an ending.

I need Season 3 like yesterday

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Holy shit I’m on episode 2 and I can’t even Fucking tell that Emile Hirsch is now voice Jim. I haven’t noticed a drop off at all. That is Fucking incredible.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I had no idea this show existed....

Dude this is like the best animated show on right now. Voltron and Trollhunters has keeping the game on lock for years now.

Both shows are highly serialized with deep worlds and great characters... as a fellow dude that grew up on classics serial shows like Gargoyles and justice league... you should be all on this show.

It’s almost impossible to shit down and watch just one episode. In fact I dare you to try and just watch one episode. I was hooked day one when they show showed the bad guy actually kill the previous Trollhunter.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dude this is like the best animated show on right now. Voltron and Trollhunters has keeping the game on lock for years now.

Both shows are highly serialized with deep worlds and great characters... as a fellow dude that grew up on classics serial shows like Gargoyles and justice league... you should be all on this show.

It’s almost impossible to shit down and watch just one episode. In fact I dare you to try and just watch one episode. I was hooked day one when they show showed the bad guy actually kill the previous Trollhunter.

wait what!?!??!?!

Can my little girls WATCH this???

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
wait what!?!??!?!

Can my little girls WATCH this???

Yeah fam... it’s one of those family shows that’s good for all ages... maybe not the tiny babies because it’s got a couple parts where the trolls Roar in anger that could be unsettling but overall it’s the perfect sit down show. The kids would love the colors and wild designs of all the trolls and you will be sucked in once you realize how deep this show gets. Like the first season gets hella deep with the relationship between Jim and his single mother.